**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
My Pixel 1 sometimes did similar in night time pictures. I assumed it was certain light hitting the lens at a particular angle. Haven't tried the camera on my Pixel 2 yet, hopefully it doesn't do the same, at least, not as often.

I guess its just one of those things with phone cameras. To be fair, the pictures were otherwise good quality considering I put virtually no effort into making them look good!

Associate
I wish the Now feed was the same on through pixels as it used to be on my Nexus 5x. It used to automatically show useful stuff like delivery info and travel arrangements/ tickets etc. I can find similar information if I root around, but the delivery thing never works properly for me anymore. I preferred Now over assistant for most things I think.

Soldato
I guess its just one of those things with phone cameras. To be fair, the pictures were otherwise good quality considering I put virtually no effort into making them look good!
It's lens flare, which is a really common thing. Not a huge amount you can do in software about that, usually good cameras have coatings to mitigate against it but not sure if it can be done on such a small lens as a phone camera.

Man of Honour
The battery on this is stunning considering the size 5.5 hours SoT, nearly four hours of streaming music through play music over Bluetooth, no Wi-Fi connection all day along with all the usual browsing messaging and a little gaming. I actually had to try killing the battery by eleven last night after being off charge since 6.

Associate
It's lens flare, which is a really common thing. Not a huge amount you can do in software about that, usually good cameras have coatings to mitigate against it but not sure if it can be done on such a small lens as a phone camera.
Yeah I've pretty much come to that conclusion, thanks to my mate who advised me not to send it back and showed me his iPhone X and Note 8 doing the same thing (don't ask why he has both, he's the biggest tech pervert i know)

Associate
The battery on this is stunning considering the size 5.5 hours SoT, nearly four hours of streaming music through play music over Bluetooth, no Wi-Fi connection all day along with all the usual browsing messaging and a little gaming. I actually had to try killing the battery by eleven last night after being off charge since 6.

Agree, the battery does seem very impressive. The first phone I've had since the Sony Xperia Z3 that gives genuine all day battery life in all but the most extreme circumstances. I was on course for an easy 6+ hours SOT and I've never had it that good on a phone before.

So far this morning, I'm still on 90% and with 1hr 9 minutes SOT.

Soldato
Agree, the battery does seem very impressive. The first phone I've had since the Sony Xperia Z3 that gives genuine all day battery life in all but the most extreme circumstances. I was on course for an easy 6+ hours SOT and I've never had it that good on a phone before.

So far this morning, I'm still on 90% and with 1hr 9 minutes SOT.
My only problem is that it still seems slow to charge. I understand there are different charging profiles on this in that after a certain % it will slow down but I plugged in at 4% and the charging rapidly appeared but in 25 mins it had only reached 21%, I'd have expected somewhere closer to 40%. I did notice after 15ish% it seemed to speed up but that initial 15-20 mins was a snail's pace.

Edit: To he fair whatever jiggery pokery is going on it's still at 21% after an hour's usage :D. Took a walk into town and been browsing web in the coffee shop and edited a photo on snapseed, still 21%.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having used the camera when out on the lash last night, it has to be said it's kinda ridiculous in low light.

Honest to god, I could hardly see anything when I took this photo, it was so dark. (Turned flash off)

zGkkOjK4-iWkdl2Qb2auQFfFXX53jQIqiEenaP-6eF6hSREJgobAr4xAYMpV4PfyDRHmT_0Vu1hkIxN4xkB56OQ3IWj0OG14Huuk5vap4MwQqRJ6d9ea4VW3vUMkFrmd95DnZjAO3VRuh4tyZvSeE_lS8luRYD94uJp8E_f_Y02VJM-ASzw9ikvRqbk2Dg25Ho3oDw4ZwPdiLeXv6DFko1qG696RBtoWDBcpV5KBFkELImy_pWONBFeU7PmoKMyf5mlxfxvNt_Zr51hjzuoW5-20Obf2sfXtPqEwYD0U7SW9xf-HHpMhGYgf6cCtC4NeXCpInW-4uhsK26FeXzIe5MapkTmzHin8RdYramDemFR3VGgw4B8_QKfsDXLScxxn6uzma7N3jvkM9yHsJDbN-4hujdutNwXNO8VMLOEi-TWOmtqia6EMQBa6udlRdhrj1VA7n13wQ4xE1EKDbK8Nv15rq8o5Y9ZaewLRBcesHqIOwsaaJYuzlh_8cVxcIxM1TwZkTlI8Lx8koTNkXbcRZELYWDf4CwqV8FoV8KlwRdeVicBh1pPrOA6weC5ZPvhldBMx4V8q2Y-ACr-EIv483Lke0HnP-Wi9eYU8_lhJqOI=w1206-h904-no

Granted I'd just walked in and it took some time for my eyes to adjust, but it really was the darkest bar I've ever been in, so thought I'd try the camera. Amazing!

Soldato
Got home to find my Ringke Fusion case (smoke black) has arrived. It's an excellent case, great fit and quite slim. I received the caseology vault series case in black earlier in the week and although it's certainly a very sturdy case it does add significant bulk to proceedings. It was 30% off at the rainforest so I'll hang onto it anyway, never know when it might be needed.

Associate
Having used the camera when out on the lash last night, it has to be said it's kinda ridiculous in low light.

Honest to god, I could hardly see anything when I took this photo, it was so dark. (Turned flash off)

zGkkOjK4-iWkdl2Qb2auQFfFXX53jQIqiEenaP-6eF6hSREJgobAr4xAYMpV4PfyDRHmT_0Vu1hkIxN4xkB56OQ3IWj0OG14Huuk5vap4MwQqRJ6d9ea4VW3vUMkFrmd95DnZjAO3VRuh4tyZvSeE_lS8luRYD94uJp8E_f_Y02VJM-ASzw9ikvRqbk2Dg25Ho3oDw4ZwPdiLeXv6DFko1qG696RBtoWDBcpV5KBFkELImy_pWONBFeU7PmoKMyf5mlxfxvNt_Zr51hjzuoW5-20Obf2sfXtPqEwYD0U7SW9xf-HHpMhGYgf6cCtC4NeXCpInW-4uhsK26FeXzIe5MapkTmzHin8RdYramDemFR3VGgw4B8_QKfsDXLScxxn6uzma7N3jvkM9yHsJDbN-4hujdutNwXNO8VMLOEi-TWOmtqia6EMQBa6udlRdhrj1VA7n13wQ4xE1EKDbK8Nv15rq8o5Y9ZaewLRBcesHqIOwsaaJYuzlh_8cVxcIxM1TwZkTlI8Lx8koTNkXbcRZELYWDf4CwqV8FoV8KlwRdeVicBh1pPrOA6weC5ZPvhldBMx4V8q2Y-ACr-EIv483Lke0HnP-Wi9eYU8_lhJqOI=w1206-h904-no

Granted I'd just walked in and it took some time for my eyes to adjust, but it really was the darkest bar I've ever been in, so thought I'd try the camera. Amazing!

You appear to have forgotten to post the image. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom