The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna). Really charming little 2D platformer/puzzler that actually tells a fable type story from the real 'Eskimo' people. As you progress through the levels you unlock little 2 minute documentary type clips (that are optional to watch) that were really interesting and a fascinating insight in to their way of life. Not the sort of thing you might think you're immediately interested in but I enjoyed watching them. If you liked the type of gameplay in Inside or Limbo then you'd likely enjoy this too. 8/10.

Soldato
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna). Really charming little 2D platformer/puzzler that actually tells a fable type story from the real 'Eskimo' people. As you progress through the levels you unlock little 2 minute documentary type clips (that are optional to watch) that were really interesting and a fascinating insight in to their way of life. Not the sort of thing you might think you're immediately interested in but I enjoyed watching them. If you liked the type of gameplay in Inside or Limbo then you'd likely enjoy this too. 8/10.
Enjoyed this one a while ago now. It's very accessible. And delivers well.

80% off on Steam just now also.

Caporegime
Ori and the Blind Forest (Def Ed) - 9/10

Bloomin' brilliant. So many clever ideas packed into one game. Keeps throwing new mechanics at you all the way through, and there wasn't a single dull moment in the whole game.

Amazing art and very pleasant music. Genuinely superb.

Associate
Mass Effect Andromeda - 10/10

My first go at the Mass Effect franchise and I loved it. Spent estimated 60 hrs and if there was a DLC I would have bought it just to spend more time with PEEBEE. :eek:

Soldato
Pang Adventures. This reboot of the arcade (and just about every other gaming platform in the 80s) classic is brilliant. Just pure fun and gameplay. Played it on and off with my kids and when my pal dropped in for a visit - really good local co-op fun. Can usually be picked up fairly cheap and I recommend this to everyone for a game to just pick up and play. 9/10

Caporegime
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Obviously I've played this before, way back when, but I thought I'd run through it again. I was playing on my living room PC with a Steam Controller, so I dialled the difficulty all the way back and breezed through it quite easily, which made for pleasant relief after doing battle with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It holds up pretty well. It still looks pretty good, the gameplay is solid and it's very cinematic.

Associate
Prey (2017) - Picked up @ CDKeys for £13

Really impressed by it overall. Difficulty seems a little up and down; died rarely early and late on but through the middle, I was dying constantly. Love the performance, feels like a really well polished game, especially using the terminals. Love the depth, inner stories and setting, the space station feels huge in scale and very atmospheric. Story is good and your choices matter, not normally interested by consequences I had to YouTube the various endings. Physics and atmosphere feel bang on, one moment walking around to the next flying around in space is pretty good.

Didn't like the somewhat limited weapons and enemies aren't frightening, there's something about a demonic ink splodge which doesn't exactly inspire fear. By the end I noticed I was switching between areas a lot which meant I was viewing a lot of load screens. Constantly dying for a while became quite tedious but that's largely down to not understanding the game as well as I do now I think...

Overall 8 thumbs up (of ten) - very pleasantly surprised and was thoroughly engulfed. Took around 25 hours to complete though I don't think I could ever play it again.

Soldato
Monochroma. 2D puzzle/platformer very similar in style to Inside, Never Alone, etc. Set in a kind of futuristic 1950's (!?) and presented in black and white with touches of red. You play the big brother who has to either carry the little brother which limits how high you can jump, or set him down (but you are only allowed to set him down in lit spaces). These are the mechanics you have to work with to solve the puzzles and progress. I really enjoyed figuring out the puzzles and felt the difficulty of them was spot on - I only had to refer to a walkthrough once and that was because I didn't notice something as apposed to it being too difficult to figure out. Perhaps a little bit expensive at the full price of £14.99 for 5-6 hours gameplay (I got it in a monthly Humble bundle), I guess it depends how much you like these kind of games - I find them quite casual and relaxing to play through but wouldn't pay that much personally. 8/10

Soldato
The Wolf Among Us. This was completely different to what I expected; fabled characters from fairy tales and nursery rhymes living amongst the human world using 'glamours' as a disguise but with a dark and very adult plot. You get to play as Bigby Wolf (The Big Bad Wolf - see what they done there?) working mostly with Snow White who is pretty hot and I think Bigby has aspirations of beasting her. Sounds ridiculous reading it back but it really works. Looking forward to Season 2. 8/10

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Just completed Fear. Started it a few years ago and didn't get into it but played it properly and thought it was excellent with very good ai opponents. I'd give it a 9/10 overall.

Soldato
Just completed Fear. Started it a few years ago and didn't get into it but played it properly and thought it was excellent with very good ai opponents. I'd give it a 9/10 overall.
Played it for the first time myself only last year and thought it was brilliant. The 2 expansions Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are great too, more of the same combat awesomeness with some really freaky horror parts too.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Played it for the first time myself only last year and thought it was brilliant. The 2 expansions Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are great too, more of the same combat awesomeness with some really freaky horror parts too.

I've just started Extraction and hoping to complete it this year :p. I missed Fear 2 and 3 which were in the recent Steam sale, will definitely pick them up.

Caporegime
I've just started Extraction and hoping to complete it this year :p. I missed Fear 2 and 3 which were in the recent Steam sale, will definitely pick them up.

As said, the expansions are very good, but for me, from Fear 2 onwards, it started to feel like a different game altogether. Fine as shooters in their own right, but not the same feel as the first three titles.

Soldato
2 is good, it still feels like a FEAR game although it does fall short of the original games. The 3rd one is a bit weird, doesn't feel like the first 2 although it does have a co-op option that is supposed to be very good although I never tired myself. I was quite enjoying playing through 3 but I found there were some crazy difficulty spikes that were frustrating and I ultimately gave up at a certain point after 15+ attempts to get past it - shame as I was near the end of the game too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom