AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Not delved into the settings but it's running pretty nicely out of the box. Thankfully no dead or stuck pixels. 1440p YouTube videos look superb.
The amd drivers enabled freesync automatically, I just needed to increase the max frame rate in rocket league.
Looking forward to trying settings recommended by other forum members

Associate
I did a few rounds of PUBG - there is definite ghosting in dark areas (inside closed buildings for example), even with the overdrive on. Otherwise its very good.

Soldato
Just been messing with mine today.
Yes it's too big lol, but I'll get used to it.
Coming from IPS screens, there is no back glow, but out the box settings are washed out and there's no definition to grey or dark shadows. Give yourself and the monitor time to tweak, I promise you the effort is worth it.
I've just tweaked settings to pcm suggestions, and also installed the ICC profile. Wow what a difference! Dishonored 2 looks absolutely brilliant now, currently testing it at the entrance to the royal conservatory. The only fault I can see is ghosting despite messing with overdrive (yep it's quite bad sorry to say) and this could be a deal-breaker for most.

This screen for the money is fantastic and will keep me going until I see real progress at sensible prices.

Last edited:
Associate
do you guys think ghosting will also be an issue for console gaming via hdmi ? has anyone test this monitor with PS4 ?

Associate
One thing I had to correct...
The Chrome browser and taskbar didn't fit the screen right, noticed it straightaway.
Windows set the scaling to 200%, said it was recommended. The 100% setting sorted that out.

I can't see a monitor driver on the AOC website?

Last edited:
Soldato
For those that got delivery today, who delivered it?

We were out today and I’ve had a slip from
Royal Mail, so I can only assume it’s not the monitor as I’d have expected DPD to deliver it?

Associate
I've seen a few people have set their refresh range to 30-75 Hz. Is it stable for you at low fps? LFC is a dealbreaker for me at 1440p.

Associate
One thing I had to correct...
The Chrome browser and taskbar didn't fit the screen right, noticed it straightaway.
Windows set the scaling to 200%, said it was recommended. The 100% setting sorted that out.

I can't see a monitor driver on the AOC website?

I just went into monitor properties and got windows to auto download the drivers

Soldato
Mine arrived today (sunday). I think I got lucky as I didn't pay for weekend delivery but DPD had problems round here friday (a rainforest delivery didn't happen and got bumped to monday) and I think they're catching up. Musa spent a good 30 minutes down at the local DPD drop point before coming to me according to the tracker.

All is good. Works out the box, no dead pixels (so hopefully @RJC was an unlucky man) and I'm not noticing anything outlandish on colours prior to experimenting with the OSD. Its replacing a very old NEC 24WGMX3 as a work laptop screen so I can't comment on ghosting, FPS or any of the clever features as the lappy is using onboard intel graphics. I'm getting the extra resolution - more screen real-estate as a code monkey which is what I wanted it for.

£200 well spent. I'm a happy bunny.

Associate
I'm really happy (despite having noticed one dead pixel) - always had tearing on Bastion, this with both a Nvidia GTX 760 and AMD Fury. Now, with Freesync it looks glorious. The art style really shows what rich colours the monitor can produce.

Associate
'Darren' from DPD is currently on delivery 2 of 22. Been like that for 6 hours. Hopefully he ain't ditched the van in this snow and my monitor is on the vans roof !!

Liking the reviews so far aswell, keep em coming.

Oh and hurry up Darren :eek:

Back
Top Bottom