1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by CAT-THE-FIFTH, Oct 27, 2017.

1. gooseuk

Gangster

Placed an order for this just now. Nice upgrade from a 24 acer. Should go well with the 390 amd card i have i hope

2. Jamie23

Gangster

You're in the same situation as myself really, I'm using a perfectly good 24 inch LG screen (although it is 3 years old) hooked up to a laptop for development/productivity and switching every hour on whether to get this or not. I've never really been annoyed at the screen real estate my current setup gives me but then maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Mind if I reach out to you when you've used it for a few more days to see how you're feeling then?

3. peterwalkley

Mobster

No problem at all. I have trust enabled so you should be able to PM me. More is always better though: I have colleagues who use 3 monitors when in the office !

4. FireHotStickies

Associate

Placed an order for one tonight as well.

Will be a good upgrade from my 1080p, 60Hz Asus monitor. The 75 Hz for Nvidia cards really sealed the deal. Going to be a long 2 or 3 days. Hopefully there are no dead/stuck pixels!

5. jcr

Wise Guy

6. Double07

Wise Guy

The gist appears to be it's not perfect but for the money it is damned good value. I have ordered one anyway, and unless it is awful then it will fit the bill nicely. I'm not overly picky on fancy features so I am hoping it will be just what I was looking for.

7. ToonarmY87

Gangster

After a few days use the only criticism i have of this monitor is some ghosting during gaming.

I am going to try plugging in my old monitor tonight and comparing

8. carrot1401

Mobster

Since mine is going to be for light gaming (mainly RTS games that I can't play from my racing rig) I'm ok with this! Mine has arrived at work and will be setting it up tomorrow evening!

9. kaiserc

Gangster

Totally Agree!
    Yes, the using the optimised OSD settings and the ICC monitor profile provided by that review, brings the best out of this Monitor.

Review
    https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-q3279vwf/

Just look for the sections and apply those settings
    Optimal OSD Settings
    &
    Test Settings (ICC profile)

10. kaiserc

Gangster

11. Dempsey22

Wise Guy

Seems like mine is in Athlone sorting centre since yesterday, didn't make it down over the snow id imagine. Hopefully tomorrow

12. Goody_GTI

Wise Guy

Mine has arrived!

The only problem is I'm at work, and it's arrived at home! Will have to wait until 6ish :(

13. IndigoGorilla

Wise Guy

Mine was out for delivery today even though I postponed it until Thursday when I'll actually be in!!! Rearranged it again so hoping they don't try to deliver it today.

14. Steedie

Man of Honour

Monitor is here. After an hour on Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2, I love it. It's an incredible monitor for the money, there is ghosting in very dark scenes but that isn't a dealbreaker for me and I barely notice it

15. ToonarmY87

Gangster

Put my old and new monitor side by side tonight and noticed my old seems far brighter and vibrant than the new AOC one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Goody_GTI

Wise Guy

Just got mine set up - no dead pixels and its huuuge, loving it :)

A nice upgrade from my old Dell 2405fpw (I've had it around 10 years!)

17. ToonarmY87

Gangster

I think I have sorted the above issue regarding the dullness. Tweaked a couple of colour options in Nvidea control panel. Sorted

18. hornetstinger

Soldato

One on the right looks far too high in contrast, it's all washed out.

19. alexp999

Gangster

Just got mine set up, wow is big. Good for multitasking though, can fit browser on one half and all websites still look normal size.

Depth and colours look great after using the settings and ICC profile from PCMonitors.info linked earlier too.

There is a little ghosting, but that's to be expected from a VA. It's much better than the VA's of old and good enough for me and the contrast can't be beaten by any other type of LCD technology.

20. Double07

Wise Guy

I'm going from a 27" 1440p IPS monitor but its an old PCBANK Korean one from years ago if anyone remembers that thread :) Can't believe it has lasted me this long for what was buttons at the time. The power supply is dodgy as though!

Hoping this is a similar story, budget monitor but half decent at most things will do me nicely. I'm hoping for £200 it's a bargain if you aren't expecting a world beater. Let's be honest, if it's half decent it's a steal given it's 1440p 31.5" VA and has freesync! I can take the odd down side given the price.

Will update once delivered tomorrow.