• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Soldato
Delidded my i5 8600K. Quite impressed 74c to 58c running two runs of realbench.

155l79u.jpg

After you delid, do you have to remove the black glue (I guess it' glue of some sort) does it come off with rubbing alcohl easy enough or do you need to scrape it off?

Associate
Thanks, never delidding a cup I had no idea. Good to know for future reference
Just be careful with the glue on the cpu die as they stay pretty close to the actual core, apart from that it’s pretty easy to deal with. You can also use a razor blade as BriT suggested.

Associate
Not long received my i7 8700k 5.0 delidded cpu from 8 pack and I have been testing it thoroughly. I am using the Maximus X Code, the Corsair H115i cooler with the 280mm rad and the Kryonaut thermal grease.
The only bios settings changed was to enable the XMP profile and set all cores to 50. I stress tested for 2 hours using Realbench and it was stable at 1.365v. The temps were around 95-100 degrees through the whole test but it passed successfully. My delidded i7 7700k ran at 70 degrees with the same cooler? I have not benched with any other software yet. My Idle temps from a cold boot are 25-27 degrees. After my PC has been on a few hours with just browsing the internet etc, it settles between 35-39 degrees. Are these results normal? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
Doesn't sound normal at all. My non-delid 4.9GHZ 1.35v 8700k with a Kraken X62 max load 85c in Prime95 after 3 hours.

You are correct, something is wrong with this chip. I tried Prime95 version 26.6 and the latest version 29.5 and I had to crank the voltage to 1.4v for all 3 tests. The temps were 100 degrees on every stress test on both Prime95 versions. I tried reseating the cpu and re-applied the Kryonaut paste but still high load temps. I am seeing 100 degrees on every stress test software I used. It would be good to hear 8 Packs opinion on this.

Edit - after watching 8 pack's overclocking video, he is getting no more than 75 degrees with 1.4v on his delid chip. I am hitting 100 degrees with the same voltage. Something is very wrong. My last cpu was the delidded i7 7700k and I used the same H115i and my temps were 70 degrees under load, so why am I seeing 100 degrees on my newer i7 8700k? I am going to contact OC tomorrow to replace the chip.

Last edited:
Associate
I have not long put together my 8700k @ 5ghz 1.36 v bundle with the asetek 240mm rad from 8 pack.
I ran realbench for 1 hour and saw a max temp of 76, idle it sits around 30.
Gaming wise it varies between mid 60s to mid 70s depending on game hottest ive seen it is 78 running assassins creed origins.
Overall im pretty pleased with it so far and havent encountered any problems and seems stable enough

Cooler pump 1400 rpm and fans are running.full speed 1500 rpm.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got my 8700k @ 5.2GHz and it's running happily now.

I had a couple of crashes at 1.375V and 1.385V, so I've stuck it to 1.4V and not one crash in 24 hours.

I've been doing some fan and pump tuning and it's running cooler and quieter than my 6950X.

It's on performance mode, so 5.2GHz all the time, sitting with general desktop apps open and about 10% usage, it's hanging around 40C with pump at 30% and fans at about 450rpm. It has an XSPC 480 rad all to itself which helps + EK Sup Evo block with kryonaught.

Under full load, it sits just under 60C with the coolest core being about 53-54 and the others being 55-58.

The fans and pump don't even have to spin up to cope... so loving the speed and silence this combo handles :)

Soldato
I have done some googling and looking on here, I think I have a good idea now, can someone confirm this for me, my voltages using Asus "auto" on things like VCCIO, VCCIA etc, were rather high, about 1.35-1.38v, so I am wanting to tweak them all manually.

Settings :

8600k @ 4.8Ghz, cache 4.4ghz 1.25v (1.22-1.25 load voltage)
Corsair LPX 3600mhz 16 16 16 38 1.35v (manual timings)

MULTICORE ENHANCEMENT - DISABLED
AVX OFFSET - 0
SYNC ALL CORES
BCLK ADAPTIVE VOLTAGE - DISABLED
VCCIO 1.2
SYS AGENT 1.25
CPU STANDBY 1.2
LOAD LINE AUTO

Can I lower these voltages further (VCCIO, VCCIA, Standby etc.), I see some people at 1.1v etc. Or do I need more like 1.2v as I have 3600mhz C16 memory?

Also I currently have it at manual voltage for testing, but when I want it to downvolt at idle, what should I use out of offset and adaptive? I get confused with which one to use to avoid over volting etc.

Thanks.

Soldato
Thanks 8pack, any other tips? Should I leave LLC at auto? I had it at 6 and it seemed to spike the voltage higher than I want, apparently on this motherboard anything below 6 does not do anything? (z370-F, latest bios)

Also what should I use out of adaptive and offset to get the idle voltage lower without over volting at load?

I like how on this forum you can get advice from the overclocking champion :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Hm seems like a got a decent chip, I have it at 1.24v LLC 6, this gives me 1.216v when running stress tests, does not move from 1.216v at all just stays at that voltage.

4.8Ghz at 1.216v is good no? Might be able to get the voltage lower but it seems ok at these settings, I have Noctua D15 and I get about 65c max temps, when I had it at 1.25v, it was getting to 70c.

So 65c at 4.8Ghz 1.216v I am happy with that, might try for higher but it looks like past about 4800mhz you have to add a lot of voltage and heat for a relatively small gain in mhz.

Also my VID is at 1.3v but I think this is just the voltage that the CPU is requesting and not an actual voltage being used? the vcore is the important one in HWmonitor?

Soldato
Hm seems like a got a decent chip, I have it at 1.24v LLC 6, this gives me 1.216v when running stress tests, does not move from 1.216v at all just stays at that voltage.

4.8Ghz at 1.216v is good no? Might be able to get the voltage lower but it seems ok at these settings, I have Noctua D15 and I get about 65c max temps, when I had it at 1.25v, it was getting to 70c.

So 65c at 4.8Ghz 1.216v I am happy with that, might try for higher but it looks like past about 4800mhz you have to add a lot of voltage and heat for a relatively small gain in mhz.

Also my VID is at 1.3v but I think this is just the voltage that the CPU is requesting and not an actual voltage being used? the vcore is the important one in HWmonitor?

Yes that's how vid works. Just use the vcore value.
You are right about the speeds, 4.8ghz is the sweet spot for these chips.

Back
Top Bottom