• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Soldato
Yes that's how vid works. Just use the vcore value.
You are right about the speeds, 4.8ghz is the sweet spot for these chips.

I like to find a speed / voltage that is the "sweet spot", for example I could probably get 5Ghz at 1.35v, and it looks nice on the screen, but that is a 0-4% increase in performance (depending if CPU limited), which for another 10-15c, more noise and lower life of CPU due to voltages etc. Is not worth it. But I might try 4.9Ghz as I have only tried 4.8 and 5Ghz, if I can get 4.9Ghz at 1.25v then I would be happy with that. Also I like the fact that at this voltage the PC is pretty much silent when gaming.

Has anyone got 4.8Ghz at lower than 1.216v load voltage? What about 4.9Ghz?

Also what is the best settings in Digi+ controls? Currently I have it at LLC 6 and the rest on Auto, should I set the others to manual values? At auto the motherboard is setting phase control to extreme, which I think is ok(?) and CPU current limit to 140%, which I think is a bit high but probably irrelevant.

Last edited:
Soldato
If 4.8 is stable at that voltage I'd bump it one notch up and leave it for as long as you own it. Low temps and noise is easily worth 100mhz-200mhz. I'd be happy with 1.24 for that speed.

Soldato
Yes I might try 4.9, but I am happy with 4.8Ghz at that voltage anyway, I also have AVX offset at "0", so it will be 4.8Ghz all of the time and cache at 4.4Ghz which is also not bad, not sure if there is any point trying to get the cache higher?

Another question about memory, what should I set the TRFC ? On my sticks it seems very high at 630 cycles, what can I set this to? My other timings are 3600mhz 16 16 16 38 2T.

Soldato
I like to find a speed / voltage that is the "sweet spot", for example I could probably get 5Ghz at 1.35v, and it looks nice on the screen, but that is a 0-4% increase in performance (depending if CPU limited), which for another 10-15c, more noise and lower life of CPU due to voltages etc. Is not worth it. But I might try 4.9Ghz as I have only tried 4.8 and 5Ghz, if I can get 4.9Ghz at 1.25v then I would be happy with that. Also I like the fact that at this voltage the PC is pretty much silent when gaming.

Has anyone got 4.8Ghz at lower than 1.216v load voltage? What about 4.9Ghz?

Also what is the best settings in Digi+ controls? Currently I have it at LLC 6 and the rest on Auto, should I set the others to manual values? At auto the motherboard is setting phase control to extreme, which I think is ok(?) and CPU current limit to 140%, which I think is a bit high but probably irrelevant.

4.8ghz for me is 1.28v. Tested with avx loads. Any lower and it blue screens. They are also sensitive to high temps, my current AIO is failing and when temps go above 85c no matter the voltage I run into instability.
I have found that LLC 6 works best for me, right up until 5ghz then I use LLC 5 as it overvolts at that frequency for some reason.
You should be able to get your TRFC down to 525, I'm currently using 3600mhz 15-15-15-35.

Soldato
I am using LLC6 as well, I have not tested with prime95 AVX, I have tested with realbench, aida64, cinebench and HCItest. Do any of these use AVX I don't know. Max temps I get with GPU running as well are 70c, average around 60c.

Soldato
I am using LLC6 as well, I have not tested with prime95 AVX, I have tested with realbench, aida64, cinebench and HCItest. Do any of these use AVX I don't know. Max temps I get with GPU running as well are 70c, average around 60c.

I know Aida64 with FPU selected does, pretty sure realbench does aswell.

Soldato
I have got it to 4.9Ghz at 1.248v now, it was stable at 4.8Ghz 1.21v, so far it is stable at 4.9Ghz 1.248v, difference in temp is approx 2c, I tried 5Ghz and it froze on windows login screen at 1.3v, so I will not even bother with 5Ghz for the voltage needed. But yes anyway assuming this is stable at 4.9Ghz 1.248v, I am happy with that. Also I am liking this Seasonic prime PSU, the voltages just do not move at all.

8pack can you tell me if there is much point increasing the cache further (it is at 4.4Ghz) and also if there is any point lowering the TRFC below 630? Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
So i need some Help with my 5Ghz chip.

i've input these settings numerous times and when idle CPU-Z reads the 5Ghz clock speed BUT as soon as i run Prime95 the clock speed drops to 3.7Ghz and then all the way down to 2.3Ghz.

Xmp
Avx offset 2
All core ratio 50
Digi power llc level 6, could current cap 140%
Cache ratio min 44
Cache ratio max 44

Core voltage 1.35
Dram voltage 135
Vccio 1.1
Vccsa1.1
Cpu standby volts 1.1

Please this is driving me insane now i've been at it for hours. I'm on a maximus X hero with 3200mhz LPX ram (4x8gb).

Soldato

i've input these settings numerous times and when idle CPU-Z reads the 5Ghz clock speed BUT as soon as i run Prime95 the clock speed drops to 3.7Ghz and then all the way down to 2.3Ghz.

Xmp
Avx offset 2
All core ratio 50
Cache ratio min 44
Cache ratio max 44

Core voltage 1.35
Dram voltage 135
Vccio 1.1
Vccsa1.1
Cpu standby volts 1.1

Please this is driving me insane now i've been at it for hours. I'm on a maximus X hero with 3200mhz LPX ram (4x8gb).
Windows power profile?

Associate

Xmp
Avx offset 2
All core ratio 50
Cache ratio min 44
Cache ratio max 44

Core voltage 1.35
Dram voltage 135
Vccio 1.1
Vccsa1.1
Cpu standby volts 1.1

How are your thermals? Sounds like as your CPU is thermal throttling.

Associate
Thermals on the CPU isn't close to throttling sits around 75c.

It's one of the pre binned 5ghz chips from ocuk running on a x52
I think u may be throttling, just my thought tho, as when i used the corsair H120i, my temps where around 60-65 degs with spikes in the 90s so if ur getting 75 as base when under load, then i highly suspect that ur temps are spiking into the thermal throttling range as it takes time for the pump to cycle the water around. Whats the temps when stressed without an OC?

Associate
I think u may be throttling, just my thought tho, as when i used the corsair H120i, my temps where around 60-65 degs with spikes in the 90s so if ur getting 75 as base when under load, then i highly suspect that ur temps are spiking into the thermal throttling range as it takes time for the pump to cycle the water around. Whats the temps when stressed without an OC?
That's 75c while running prime95 when it eventually down clocks to 2.3ghz during prime95 stress it's only 65c. At stock it's in the 60c range again. I've not seen it go above 75c in any situation

Last edited:
Associate
That's 75c while running prime95 when it eventually down clocks to 2.3ghz during prime95 stress it's only 65c. At stock it's in the 60c range again. I've not seen it go above 75c in any situation
Have u tried any other test like firestrike or aida64 and see if the same thing happens?

Soldato
My chip did exactly the same thing while running AVX instructions, when my clock wasn't stable. I'd gone way past the chip's bin, to be fair, and was seeing how far I could push it. If your chip is doing this at the rated settings @hexblitz86 I'd send a web note to OcUK and ask Ian/8Pack whether the chip needs exchanging or if he can offer any advice to get it stable.

Back
Top Bottom