BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
It’s a godsend for my daughter, she’s pregnant and keeps getting hot (and cold) flushes, once I explained the middle dial gives hot or cold air without altering the climate control settings she’s happy just using that.

Soldato
What's more likely, the dealer trying to move customers away from vehicles with long lead times that they get less comission on or the dealer has insider knowledge that the EU will move off the NEDC imenently?

Sadly probably not, I've met load of people that have this odd superstition of airflow giving you colds and such.
I never used to have the vents open in my A3 because then you would either get freezing cold or boiling hot air blown on you. I leave them open in my F11 because I can finely control the temperature of the air that comes out of them. It's a really useful feature.

Soldato
I never used to have the vents open in my A3 because then you would either get freezing cold or boiling hot air blown on you. I leave them open in my F11 because I can finely control the temperature of the air that comes out of them. It's a really useful feature.

Sounds like an issue of having climate control or not more than anything else, so doesn’t sound like a valid argument. You don’t get either freezing cold or boiling hot if you set it to a temperature you find comfortable.

Soldato
I have to eat my hat - WLTP has replaced the NEDC and PHEVs will be affected, nice report here: https://www.theicct.org/publication...mption-and-co2-emissions-plug-hybrid-vehicles

Although ruling only really applies in September 2018 on all cars (for now it's just new type approvals) and it likely won't make PHEVs much less attractive, but it now does take the battery depleted state into account - I foresee some good optimisation on what empty means in the future... Still I doubt BMW are going to stop the iperformance models but they might have to tweak them to keep them so attractive to company car buyers in the UK...
The replacement on September 2018 is for type approval and European legislative purposes only. NEDC figures are calculated from the WLTP data. Each national government needs to adapt their local rules to be WLTP based separately. In the UK this is likely to be April 2020, and will apply to new cars from then only.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I always have my CC set to be quite cold (18 unless i am ill or something), i too find the BMW vent controls superfluous. Probably better for people who like the cabin warmer than i do and therefore would want air colder than cabin ambient for a moment.

Associate
I'm currently looking to upgrade to a 2015 430d m-sport.

Can anybody tell me whether it comes with Spotify integration and Bluetooth audio as standard? I'm struggling to find out!

It has professional media and the vin decoder shows that it's has connected services.

Associate
Thanks Fox.

Do you know if the Spotify app is available though idrive as part of connected services? Obviously not a deal breaker but would be nice!

Back
Top Bottom