**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
RMA it matey, i send mine on a wednesday night and i had a new phone by friday morning, they sent me a new phone before mine even got back to them.

Is that not only when you buy from Google that they don't wait to send you your replacement? I thought they only sent a replacement once they receive your device.

Associate
On a brighter note, I managed to sort my bluetooth / static noise. I had to disable AAC Audio in the bluetooth options for that particular device. Unsure why that should have fixed it as I'm pretty sure it wasn't playing AAC but there you go.

Soldato
Rear glass smash and crack after a small drop straight on to the back :( Same as with the Pixel, it remains the biggest SPOF when it comes to damaging these phones.

Off it goes for repair....

Soldato
The whole headphone adapter issue is really annoying. Removing the headphone port (which is reliable and multifunctional) and then giving us a dongle as a replacement is not ideal, but i can live with it. Issuing a dongle that does not work reliably with the OS however is not acceptable. I shouldn't have to reboot every time I want to listen to wired audio.

As good as the phone is, the more of these issues that come up the more I wonder if Google actually tested this phone before releasing it.

Think I may have this problem too, Did your audio keep cutting out almost as if the headphone jack was knackered? When it cuts out & i check my phone in the notification shade it says usb charging ?! I restarted my phone, It started doing it again for about 5 minutes & then stopped doing it.

The adapter feels like a cheap piece of crap tbh. It also has a lot of movement in the port.

Associate
Got my Feb update after signing up to the Google Play Services beta which is v12. For some reason v11 doesn't find the update when you do a check for system updates. Updated to v12 and update found straight away.

Associate
When you sign up, you need to make sure you actually install the updated Services app off the Play Store. Once you update, go to your system settings and check then.

Soldato
Think I may have this problem too, Did your audio keep cutting out almost as if the headphone jack was knackered? When it cuts out & i check my phone in the notification shade it says usb charging ?! I restarted my phone, It started doing it again for about 5 minutes & then stopped doing it.

The adapter feels like a cheap piece of crap tbh. It also has a lot of movement in the port.

Nah, when mine doesn't work it just doesn't work. Sound comes through the phone speakers instead. Which is lame.

Soldato
where is google services on this phone, i just looked in my apps and playstore and it doesn't show!

Just did it using the guide on 9to5 google...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom