Former Russian double agent seriously ill in Salisbury.

Man of Honour
Putin has a long memory, and a surprisingly long reach.

Putin is still playing the game long after anyone else is - and while largely I think it is self indulgence on his part I do worry sometimes the West won't wake upto it and be caught out in its own complacency if it ever becomes really serious.

Caporegime
agree with Panos, he got what was coming to him. Putin warned those double agents years ago that they would choke on their 30 silver coins, and so they are. Good for Putin and the KGB.

Oh I guess that makes it ok then, Putin warned them. MI6 agent and his daughter critically ill in hospital but it is all fine because they were warned.

Soldato
Oh I guess that makes it ok then, Putin warned them. MI6 agent and his daughter critically ill in hospital but it is all fine because they were warned.

Play with fire you get burned. Don't want to run the risk of getting poisoned up by the KGB or taken out by spetsnats then don't be a traitor to your country. Pretty simples. I hope Putin gets all those that were traitors and betrayed their country. It's the least they deserve.

Caporegime
Play with fire you get burned. Don't want to run the risk of getting poisoned up by the KGB or taken out by spetsnats then don't be a traitor to your country. Pretty simples. I hope Putin gets all those that were traitors and betrayed their country. It's the least they deserve.

Are you Russian or something? It is a very bizarre POV to wish harm on those who have helped the UK (and of course their relatives).

Pretty much most intelligence agents are traitors, it is basically part of the job/reason they were recruited.

Commissario
And who cares how many others they kill in the process.

It's nice to have people showing their colours about how little they care for innocent people caught up in things.

Permabanned
What is it with young people who now expect wars and espionage to be clinical and without collateral damage, both are dirty old games. Whilst it would be tragic if innocent members of the general public become involved, it can hardly be surprising that the Kremlin had little compunction about his daughter sharing whatever this agent's fate may be. The Russians have long been imaginative about bumping enemies of the State off, with methods that instil fear and demand media attention. It's a loud and probably effective warning to others tempted to commit treason.

Soldato
It could be Polonium again as with Alexander Litvinenko.. Did you know that the cost of the polonium to kill Alexander Litvinenko cost approximately £20m? A sure signal to others not to cross Russia.

People think 'we', as in the west, are above reproach - but I can assure you 'we' are not. We are responsible for millions of deaths in the last 20-30 years alone, with the invasions of Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, Syria - we shouldn't have been in ANY of these countries. Not taking into account the sanctions before that, for Iraq alone, killed over one million children before the invasion.

When you understand this you'll then start to understand why some peoples views on the world don't ideologically match with yours.

Soldato
BBC story is weird, it makes noises about no untoward evidence etc yet but then goes on to say guys in full hazmat suits have been washing several areas down - not just the mall - so they must have had some reason for doing that, and the areas they picked.
meanwhile, keeping w/ the restraint, they also have a link to today's front pages, and The Sun is like "RED SPY IN POISON TERROR!!" X-D

Suspended
Read what I wrote again, slowly this time, then you may just get it.

I'm quite glad that we're ideologically opposed to Russia, which is basically run by gangsters, and the type of people who used to run Iraq, a genocidal dictator. Western soldiers aren't responsible for the vast majority of deaths in Iraq. We invaded Afghanistan as it was literally being used to train terrorists who killed thousands in 9/11. You'd probably also be complaining that we sat by and let people be murdered by their own government if we didn't intervene in Syria and Libya, which is what was happening and is happening.

Soldato
They could have taken heroin laced with Fentanyl, or they could have been poisoned with polonium - it's too early to say yet they have to take precautions.

I don't think it's Polonium though as it takes a while to start having an effect and these two were found unresponsive on a park bench so it doesn't match. they could have been poisoned some other way.

Soldato
What is it with young people who now expect wars and espionage to be clinical and without collateral damage, both are dirty old games. Whilst it would be tragic if innocent members of the general public become involved, it can hardly be surprising that the Kremlin had little compunction about his daughter sharing whatever this agent's fate may be. The Russians have long been imaginative about bumping enemies of the State off, with methods that instil fear and demand media attention. It's a loud and probably effective warning to others tempted to commit treason.

I'm more shocked that you seem so pleased about it.

Back
Top Bottom