Robot Wars - gone for good?

Soldato
I don't really understand. I mean - it's a Tv show where the competitors spend a fortune making robots for a paying audience to come and watch smash each other up. I mean - aside from Dara O'Brien's wages - how much does it really cost to produce. Especially when you have cack like Big Brother still managing to be televised.

Shame another channel doesn't pick it up. Imagine how the budgets of the teams would improve if open sponsorship was allowed.

Soldato
indeed, whilst the first series of the new show was a little ropey, the last series nailed it with an improved format for the fights and chemistry between the presenters / teams.

Hopefully another channel can pick up the rights etc and continue it.

i think initially because there were so many new teams, it took a while to bond with them, get to know the characters, who's good, who's hard to beat etc.

its a shame, i grew up with the original robot wars/scrapheap challenge and its sad to see it go again.

Associate
King of Bots is worth checking out too, basically a Chinese version of Battlebots, lots of British teams too and Ian Lewis of Team Razer is one of the judges.
The first series has just finished but its all still available on Zhejiang TV's YouTube channel,
there was talk of an English dub or subtitles coming at some point, but its all in Chinese for now.

Associate
A few of the teams have tweeted it, you would imagine they would be the first to be told.

Sadly Robochallenge have tweeted it also, they make the house robots for the show.

Supposedly toys being released soon so guess that the BBC may hold off announcing anything on that basis.

Other than this a good time for Robot combat globally however, KoB going well, Clashbots (China again) and Battlebots both coming soon too

King of Bots is worth a look, and their KoB Season 1.5 setup looks absolutely insane... pic below is just the pits & tables for the teams

28783675_1726321510747475_3103125672642514769_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom