Robot Wars - gone for good?

Associate
Cassius 2, did'nt that have a bar that shot out of the back powerful enough to get out of the pit?

Rex Garrod pushed the designs further every year what with the first flipper and the first anti-pit device. Shame he quit. :(

Soldato
iamgud said:
No one has mentioned the pink furry one that used to set on fire. :p

I was going to but forgot its name, and googling pink hairy thing is something im not willing to do! The one ran by the old baldy man IIRC?

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Robot wars in the early days was class. I have a chassis pretty much ready to roll in my loft somewhere. I have built tens of smaller fighting prototypes though, working :D

The best thing about building them to compete with your mates is that paraffin flamethrowers etc are all legal :D Self-heating throwers made out of painstakingly coiled brass prop tube for the win!

There is still to this day a HUGE circular gauge from a mates wooden floor where I managed to dislodge the circular saw from the front of his bot, which didnt power down and scooted around the floor :D

Soldato
Mr.Orb said:
I only watch BBC2 for Top Gear now.... I remember looking forward to friday nights (6pm), The Simpsons, Robot Wars, Malcolm in the Middle...

Shame it all died.

exactly what i used to look forward to, sometimes the fresh prince of belair would be on aswell good times! :p :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Darth Vader said:
NOOOOOOoooooooooo

prince332yq.jpg

Soldato
thanks to you guys mentioning robot wars,im looking on the old ebay for robot wars toys to keep as collectables :o :(

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
can anyone tell me the name of the one, that was made/driven by some slick looking oriental guy i think, looked kinda geeky and clever, robot was silver, looked very cool and slick as well, and just had a pick axe i think at the top

it might be one thats already been mentioned - but i just cant remember its name :confused:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
A2Z said:
can anyone tell me the name of the one, that was made/driven by some slick looking oriental guy i think, looked kinda geeky and clever, robot was silver, looked very cool and slick as well, and just had a pick axe i think at the top

it might be one thats already been mentioned - but i just cant remember its name :confused:

Fairly sure that was Mortis.

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
and i just looked on ebay for robot wars tapes!, but i found out my online dvd rental has them in! w1n! :D :D
lol..ive got the 3rd series on tape so i watch that after my last exam on the 9th and i shall buy the Robot Wars toys during the weekends :cool: (thats if i will remember)

Back
Top Bottom