Motors YouTube Videos

Soldato
I don't know if any of you follow Tavarish on youtube but he's just bought a shed of a Lambo that just happens to have a twin turbo conversion. It's been on fire and stripped down and rebuilt by an insurance company. It's completely ****** but he's stripping it down and rebuilding it. It's been fairly interesting thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_KFt0Uk2V0&list=PLrvMJaD0-Pucbcer_w_wLYYE3o2X3GecT&index=8

There's a good channel called VinWiki Car Stories which is pretty good too. It's all short (~10min) stories across all different car subject. They have all kinds of people on from people who buy McLaren F1s for the school run to tuners, etc.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
So when it comes to modifying electric cars for better performance, how will you go about doing it? Now there're obviously mods in stages 1, 2, 3 and so on, but what will happen once there're only electric cars on the roads?

Last edited:
Don
It depends, companies could just standardise on parts and then it would really be a simple "remap" to get the full power. If they don't though, you would likely need to put in bigger motors, fatter cables and beefier power electronics and hope your £20k battery doesn't melt or explode.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That 2nd option sucks, if they do hold back with the potential to make it more reliable, its not going to be too bad. But, wouldn't it be a ticking time bomb that could explode? I'm guessing for best weight distribution you're potentially sitting on some of the batteries? :p I've seen with my own eyes small Li-ion batteries explode and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the size of the batteries used in cars if it was to explode.

Last edited:
Don
That 2nd option sucks, if they do hold back with the potential to make it more reliable, its not going to be too bad. But, wouldn't it be a ticking time bomb that could explode? I'm guessing for best weight distribution you're potentially sitting on some of the batteries? :p I've seen with my own eyes small Li-ion batteries explode and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the size of the batteries used in cars if it was to explode.
My opinion is they will go down the road of maybe 3 different power/range options, as it will tend be the case that more powerful motors need more powerful batteries, which mean more range for normal driving style. I can see car performance modding being largely killed off as a result as it's just not feasible to change the battery out for a better one to give you the increased power output that is required for additional performance.

Associate
I don't know if any of you follow Tavarish on youtube but he's just bought a shed of a Lambo that just happens to have a twin turbo conversion. It's been on fire and stripped down and rebuilt by an insurance company. It's completely ****** but he's stripping it down and rebuilding it. It's been fairly interesting thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_KFt0Uk2V0&list=PLrvMJaD0-Pucbcer_w_wLYYE3o2X3GecT&index=8
Thanks for flagging this one up. Not come across him before but this project, just been catching up, looks interesting. A real mess of wiring and piping in and around the engine bay. Surprised he doesn't want to return it to stock, would be much cleaner IMO.

Associate

There's a good channel called VinWiki Car Stories which is pretty good too. It's all short (~10min) stories across all different car subject. They have all kinds of people on from people who buy McLaren F1s for the school run to tuners, etc.

Been following this chap for some time. I wait all excited for the daily video to be uploaded, loving it. A really nice dude too

Soldato
Whilst I could afford it, the thought of paying £769/month over 48 months for a car with a £22k balloon payment would give me sleepless nights.

Once you factor in fuel, insurance, tyres etc. that's a £1000+/month commitment :eek:

OcUK Staff
Both mentally fast cars!

Yep having switchable drivetrain modes is really superb, I am shocked though why it has taken so long to implement this on cars, considering the technology has being in use for years on trucks, pickups etc.

Even on my F-Type Jaguar do not market anywhere on the AWD F-Type that the mode button effects the power split. Half the reason I was devastating everything off the line at Vmax200 even 911 Turbo S was because in wet mode it locks the diffs as close to 50/50 as possible giving much better traction off the line and more sure footed handling experience in the wet.

I tried a couple of launches in dynamic which resulted in some sideways action of the line, great fun but certainly not as quick, though the AWD F-Type does not go to full RWD, it is 90% in dynamic and transfers more power forward as it needs too. Jaguar don't market this feature though I just found it out by noticing how different the car drove and wondered if I was imagining it, but Dale Lomas who drives the SVR ring taxi confirmed my feelings and said in wet mode on the ring the car is a devastating package as it works very well and he laps faster in wet than dynamic in wet/slippery conditions.

I know an AWD system adds weight, but I think its a great feature and would be great to see more 500+ horsepower cars implementing such features because as great fun as it is sliding around, sometimes you just want to make progress or not have the worry of a big power car trying to kill you all the time. BMW got it spot on by have 4WD, 4WD sport and then 2WD modes. In some ways it gives you two cars in one! :)

Back
Top Bottom