Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
Those trippy moments in this game seriously have me paranoid. I really hate them and when I start seeing sparklies, I start panicking :o Wait..wats that sound?
#Only youuuuuu can make all this world seem right. Only you can make the darkness bright....#

Associate
Every Ubi open world game is the same.
The Division, Wildlands, Farcry, Assassins Creed are all just full of repetitive busy work.

Not true.
The Division is totally different setup,while its open world,its totally different from FC or AC.All FC more or less samey,just like AC,but then again,its a series,so cant expect some drastic changes from formula.
Wildlands and AC:O - now those 2 are quite similar,but then again,you can say same about all games.
Division is absolutely not same,its one of a kind with atmosphere,music,etc.I spent 2+ K hours in Div,and im person who quite quick gets bored if games to much samey (FC4 as example)

Associate
I think this game is really easy to sum up: If you like the Far Cry franchise and you want more of the same in a different environment, then this game is for you.

Weapons unlock without real life payment, and at a reasonable rate- as per FC3 and 4 you get guns as you complete objectives which for me is a decent motivation in itself. You can buy premium currency and skip that progression if you want, but what's the point in that?

I really like it. The world seems a little more busy, and there's always random events kicking off. In FC3/4 I always wanted to get involved with everything simply because events were fairly scarce. Here there's so much going on that you can choose to get stuck in, or creep through and avoid events without feeling like you're missing important stuff.

On the other hand I'd have liked this game it if it was just a re-skinned FC4.

Caporegime
I was hoping this game would hook me in but it hasn't. Played 4 hours and really can't be bothered to play anymore. It feels like a cross of Far Cry 4 and Wildlands, with a bit of Assassin's Creed origins thrown in and whilst none of those are bad games, more of the same isn't hooking me. The story is good and I can see the potential to finish it but it just isn't happening for me.

Soldato
I was hoping this game would hook me in but it hasn't. Played 4 hours and really can't be bothered to play anymore. It feels like a cross of Far Cry 4 and Wildlands, with a bit of Assassin's Creed origins thrown in and whilst none of those are bad games, more of the same isn't hooking me. The story is good and I can see the potential to finish it but it just isn't happening for me.
I skipped fc4 and probably will skip this one too. I played the last two AC games which I actually managed to enjoy and complete (I think it was syndicate and unity with the anvil2 engine?). I did say that I'm finished with Ubisoft years ago but then black flag was amazing.
I trust your judgement and I think I'll avoid this unless it pops up on Steam or very cheap.
Have you played kingdom come ?

Caporegime
I skipped fc4 and probably will skip this one too. I played the last two AC games which I actually managed to enjoy and complete (I think it was syndicate and unity with the anvil2 engine?). I did say that I'm finished with Ubisoft years ago but then black flag was amazing.
I trust your judgement and I think I'll avoid this unless it pops up on Steam or very cheap.
Have you played kingdom come ?
It could well be worth a buy when cheaper but I paid £40 from cdkeys and half that would have been better. It is far from a bad game but like you, I completed Syndicate and Black flag and also completed FC1, 2, 3 but 4 fell flat, I didn't get primal, so can't comment on that. It is the "go here and go there and do this and do that I am not keen on. Liberate a camp and get side missions from the resistance.... Rinse repeat.

Not tried Kingdom come, any good?

Soldato
I think what is grinding my gears, even though I've said it once already is that once that resistance meter is filled, you're thrown into a forced final (to my knowledge) encounter with one of the family.

Unlike FC4, which I could play at my own pace and tackle key story quests at my leisure it isn't fully possible here - going by my last encounter with Jacob anyway. I just want to muck about but in doing so the meter can still fill as a result.

14 hrs in I've half filled Faith's (hurr) resistance meter and have moved to John's area for a while as I wanted Doggo! You gain resistance points too rapidly imo and at this rate I'll be done in 25hrs I reckon and that's with sidequests cleared

Man of Honour
£37 on Kinguin, bargain.

Really enjoying it and I thought my vanilla 4GB GTX980 would struggle on Ultra, but at 2560x1080 it is minimum 60fps at all times. At 3440x1440 the average dips to 45fps, not bad but not 60fps smooth, and at 2560 it still looks amazing scaled on a 34" UWA anyway, so I just use that. With the FOV set to 105, it's truly beautiful.

I spend a lot of time just marvelling at the landscape!

:D

Soldato
Im pretty sure that my 4790k @4,7ghz is bottlenecking my 1080ti hard in this game. GPU util is sitting at between 60 and 90% most of the time.. :(. Running the latest nvidia drivers at the time of this post.

Last edited:
Soldato
It could well be worth a buy when cheaper but I paid £40 from cdkeys and half that would have been better. It is far from a bad game but like you, I completed Syndicate and Black flag and also completed FC1, 2, 3 but 4 fell flat, I didn't get primal, so can't comment on that. It is the "go here and go there and do this and do that I am not keen on. Liberate a camp and get side missions from the resistance.... Rinse repeat.

Not tried Kingdom come, any good?

It is the "go here and go there and do this ....''
I share the same opinion on that, it's exactly why I get a bit funny with Ubisoft style of gaming.

Kingdom Come is great it's very open world, much like skyrim and oblivion kind of feel.
I'm only 6 hours in, there's alternate ways to achieving the quest logs which will affect your character status and future relations.
I'd suggest looking at a few youtube walkthroughs to see if you'd be interested.
It does have a few bugs and is slower paced than other titles, but there's a lot to learn and discover and for me it's a nice break away from the usual.

Soldato
Im pretty sure that my 4790k @4,7ghz is bottlenecking my 1080ti hard in this game. GPU util is sitting at between 60 and 90% most of the time.. :(. Running the latest nvidia drivers at the time of this post.

same setup as you. same here. seen my gpu usage go as low as 50%. frametimes all over the place. cant maintain a minimum of 60fps.

Soldato
Not true.
The Division is totally different setup,while its open world,its totally different from FC or AC.All FC more or less samey,just like AC,but then again,its a series,so cant expect some drastic changes from formula.
Wildlands and AC:O - now those 2 are quite similar,but then again,you can say same about all games.
Division is absolutely not same,its one of a kind with atmosphere,music,etc.I spent 2+ K hours in Div,and im person who quite quick gets bored if games to much samey (FC4 as example)

The Division is the one of the most repetetive and boring games Ive ever played. Other than differing locations its rinse, repeat bullet sponge grinding for a new pair of gloves.

Some love that, some dont. I'm the latter but its great to have games that cater for all tastes.

Associate
same setup as you. same here. seen my gpu usage go as low as 50%. frametimes all over the place. cant maintain a minimum of 60fps.
Same! Well almost, I have a [email protected] and a 1080Ti, and the frame rates are all over the place! Dips below 60fps at 1440p all the time, what gives here?

The game word looks ok graphically, but outdated, and I can’t see why the game is running such low frame rates, especially since BF1 multiplayer on ultra settings runs waayyy smoother for me than this outdated looking single player title.

Back
Top Bottom