• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Soldato
That suggests to me there is a under supply problem as I suggested, so if mining demand dies down, and prices go back to "historical" levels, stock will run out.

The question will then be why cant nvidia and its partners no longer supply at normal levels anymore. Is it out of manufacturing issues or a policy to keep prices high from them. Do nvidia even still produce pascal parts with the next set of cards looming?

Soldato
Yes I have another batch incoming, keep your eye on the Zotac Mini and Inno3D Twin X2 1080Ti's as fingers crossed I can do something on those next week, but I will only have like 100 of each so they will sell out very quick.

thanks bud. my mate has the mini and ....... yeah not for me as i have a nice sized case and would prefer a bigger cooler... but the twin X2 may tempt me for the right price....

i shall keep eye out.

Soldato
That suggests to me there is a under supply problem as I suggested, so if mining demand dies down, and prices go back to "historical" levels, stock will run out.

The question will then be why cant nvidia and its partners no longer supply at normal levels anymore. Is it out of manufacturing issues or a policy to keep prices high from them. Do nvidia even still produce pascal parts with the next set of cards looming?

Nvidia/AMD and thier AIBs are selling directly to bulk order mining firms that's why we have a shortage, now crypto is down them orders are drying up so more gpu for the retailers. AMD/NVIDIA don't give a **** about gamers just their bottom line, even if they give the public a load of **** saying they are for gamers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah roll on the next gen of G-sync monitors. My wallet's a** is more than happy to get rammed for maybe £1500+ this time

Who knows, in a few years time we'll all be happy to be paying £4000 just for the GPU and monitor to go with it.

The future's bright, the future's Green...

Associate
AMD has nothing new for consumers at all in 2018 (on the discrete GPU side).

I'm exactly the same position as you. The build quality of the card is fantastic and I do like the card... but I can't help but think the amount of memory is an issue sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom