• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Associate
I want that Inno3d Ichill x3 back at £749 because I missed out on it :( Either that or the MSI gaming trio discounted! Dying to get my 1080ti, just waiting for the right one at the right price. Looking forward to it Gibbo.

Soldato
Sounds that way doesn't it. My mate has one and for him with a mini case it is great.... But it hits it's thermal limit v quickly and so throttles back much easier than I would hope.
I reckon I will see what the £7xx reduced card is otherwise try and show patience. The zotac IS a good card tho. 5 year warranty too iirc

Fans on those Zotac minis are crap though, I've had two separate ones fail and loads of miners have had problems with them, granted miners run them 24/7 but if you do a lot of gaming and intend to keep the card a while I'd make sure you get their 5 year warranty.

Caporegime
So we're basically back at launch prices, two years later... I guess it's some small progress.

Still not nearly cheap enough to ignore the arrival of the next gen later this year tho.

Esp given nV are on a 2+ year release cycle these days. Buy a 10 series card now, then skip the 11 series, and by the time the 12 series rolls around your card could be 4-5 years old.

Interesting times.

Soldato
Esp given nV are on a 2+ year release cycle these days. Buy a 10 series card now, then skip the 11 series, and by the time the 12 series rolls around your card could be 4-5 years old.

Interesting times.
That's probably not as important as it used to be considering the bulk of games are now console ports. The 980ti will be 3 years old this June and still fares pretty well unless you are chasing 4k 100+fps.

Associate
So we're basically back at launch prices, two years later... I guess it's some small progress.

Still not nearly cheap enough to ignore the arrival of the next gen later this year tho.

Interesting times.

Just watching Etherium prices start to rise and the difficulty curve starting to fall quite a lot so I think the miners might potentially be back at it soon.

I'm still running a 2011 ATi card, talk about skipping generations.

Soldato
Fans on those Zotac minis are crap though, I've had two separate ones fail and loads of miners have had problems with them, granted miners run them 24/7 but if you do a lot of gaming and intend to keep the card a while I'd make sure you get their 5 year warranty.

i am not buying the mini.... it does not make sense (for me) as i have a case capable of a full GPU, so i will either pick up another discounted card or stand firm a little longer.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nothing confirmed, the Vega die shrink is reportedly on the way though, rumoured to be 7mm and Q4. Still not confirmed though.

The 7nm Vega refresh is for compute, not gaming. AMD are adding back in the better FP64 support. 7nm wont be ready for consumer volume this year

Associate
That's probably not as important as it used to be considering the bulk of games are now console ports.

Might be a new console out at the end of next year. If there is then there will be a rapid rise to a new plateau in requirements. And more and more will end up owning a 4K monitor. They are getting to be cheaper than 1440 2K monitors.

If as also said on the thread, you try to skip a gen and keep it 4 years, then the exact performance level of these new cards could become really important. I hope they are 7nm.

OcUK Staff
OP
Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti Mini 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (ZT-P10810G-10P) @ £689.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Zota...s-Graphics-Card-ZT-P10810G-10P-GX-10P-ZT.html

ZT-P10810G-10P, Core Clock: 1506MHz, Boost Clock: 1620MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 5 Years Warranty

Only £689.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Yes its a Mini so not to everyones taste but its under £700 and stock is due to land any day now, only 100 units mind you and we've sold 6pc in the last 30 minutes or so as such we expect to sell out pretty quick.

Associate
I've just got a partial refund of £390 on a Jetstream 1080 from another retailer (lesson learned!).

Now I don't know what to do. Don't want to spend an extra £180 to be back in same position..

Associate
Why only partial?
Their response as below. They stated previously that card was EOL so could not be directly replaced if unable to repair. Not sure they even followed up with manufacturer regarding possible repair. Seems like their common response. Was going to investigate further when I get home from work tonight...

"
Thank you for returning your item.

We can confirm that the above return has been processed and a refund will be issued once the RMA has been closed.

As per our terms and conditions and in line with the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as this item is over 6 months old you will only qualify for a proportionate refund of the original purchase price. Therefore we are unable to issue a replacement as initially requested."

Back
Top Bottom