Former Russian double agent seriously ill in Salisbury.

Caporegime
The President of Czechia (or as wrongly called by British media Czech Republic), said on state media last night that after security services investigation, his country did produce members of the A230 family (aka Novichok) over the years, for research and testing purposes. Ofc the British media are completely silent today about this.

So what? Why is that a big story?

Any evidence that they produced this specific variant? Or just some of the same family?

And also are completely silent on complains from Skirpal family and the Russian embassy, on why the Skirpals are locked and prohibited to talk to anyone, now they are out of the hospital. Also the Russian ambassador says that UK has no right to keep Yulia without access to anyone because she is Russian citizen who was visiting the country on holidays.

firstly they're not prohibited from talking to anyone - are you suffering from some cognitive dissonance or something, this has already been covered

they're not keeping her from anyone, she's chosen to not meet with Russian diplomats... which is hardly a surprise to most people (aside from conspiraloons) since the Russians just tried to kill her.... why on earth would she want to meet them

As for the telegraph you quote, spare me. Thats the right wind newspaper that always starts their lies with "understands". Dont forget all the lies they spout over the Brexit period, and during the last GE...

they were reporting facts, unlike you

and your opinion of the newspaper is irrelevant, the facts re: the investigation are still true

Permabanned
Salisbury is in the news again this afternoon:

"POLICE have evacuated a Salisbury city centre street after a suspicious package was found today.

Cordons have been set up around the area of Milford Street, with the public told to avoid the scene."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6194655/salisbury-city-street-evacuated-suspicious-package/

The Daily Express cover this more dramatically, as is their won't, and then backtrack somewhat:

"Salisbury city has been evacuated with police now at the scene

Salisbury has been placed in lockdown after a suspect package was delivered to a property in the city.

Cordons are in place."

Which morphed later in the article to:

"A spokesman for Wiltshire Police said: "We're currently dealing with an on-going incident in Salisbury city centre.

"We were called around 10.15am today regarding a suspicious package inside an address.

"As a precaution, there is a cordon on Milford Street.

"Colleagues from the Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service are currently at the scene assisting us.

"We are advising motorists to avoid the city centre area and to consider using alternative routes .

"We will issue an update as soon as we are able."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...ce-evacuation-lockdown-package-milford-street

Soldato
We had a "suspect package" outside work a few years ago. Army were there, bomb squad, police, fire brigade, etc...

Then while they were all discussing what they were going to do, someone walked out of the building, picked it up and walked off. It was his tool kit :D

RDM

RDM

Soldato
The President of Czechia (or as wrongly called by British media Czech Republic),

The Czech Republic is the long form name, Czechia is the short form name. There is nothing wrong with using Czech Republic much like there is nothing wrong with using the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland instead of the United Kingdom.

Caporegime
"But but why won't they let Russia have access to him"

(as if he wants to meet diplomats from the country that tried to kill him)

Oh and let's not forget the "petro yuan" and whatever drivel was posted re: how that was somehow relevant here.

Soldato
At his own request. He wanted to show the word what had been done to him.

We don't know what Sergei Skripal wanted as, as far as I've looked, he's never made a statement - and now he's in an MI5/6 safe house for 'his protection'.

I know it's been done to death but there is no way at all that he would have survived what they told us.

VX, and agent that's supposedly 5-8 times LESS deadly that Novichok, takes about 2 minutes from contact with that agent to a state where you are in a complete convulsion and therefor cannot breath under any control - so you die not long after. So it takes an agent that is 5-8 times less potent than Novichok roughly two and a half minutes to kill you with a lethal does being 15mg(0.2mg per kg - based on a 70kg person). Novichok works in a very similar way to VX, but it takes less to kill you and I think onset of symptoms will be faster with the same absorption rates, and we know it was very pure, so faster effect, because the OPCW analyzed the samples given by the UK.

Yes, absorption will be slower on skin than mucus membranes(mouth/lungs etc) so would take longer to kill - 5 minutes or so. But you would take a tiny dose of 2mg to kill someone, so you can kill 500 people with 1 gram of the stuff - I would say it's fairly toxic!

I do think a nerve agent was used, but something less toxic with similar symptoms.

Man of Honour
and we know it was very pure, so faster effect, because the OPCW analyzed the samples given by the UK.

I'm not sure if the purity in this case is an indication of the effectiveness of the final product but rather an indication that the precursors, etc. were created in a highly equipped lab operating to high standards - which would tend to indicate state involvement rather than someone brewing it up in their garage, etc.

EDIT: I have to say though the initial comments and statements, etc. from the earliest people involved sounded far more like typical observations of victims of something like Curare than previous descriptions of typical effects of Novichok.

Back
Top Bottom