Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Soldato
It's an odd spec actually....

It's got upgraded tech and stereo and 1.1 3bhp lard burnin lump with 4WD.

I think it was 12K list price with 47K of options.
Yeah my dad got a white 1.0 Q2 with 2bhp when his A8 was in for warranty. Worst thing is they take the ******* SD card out so you can't use nav in any of the courtesy cars

Soldato
Yeah my dad got a white 1.0 Q2 with 2bhp when his A8 was in for warranty. Worst thing is they take the ******* SD card out so you can't use nav in any of the courtesy cars
Sat nav SD card, yea that seems to be a thing these days, my last courtesy car was the same. I should have asked for one I would like to think they would have given you one. I was told too many people steal them - there's a surprise ;)
Andi.

Soldato
Sat nav SD card, yea that seems to be a thing these days, my last courtesy car was the same. I should have asked for one I would like to think they would have given you one. I was told too many people steal them - there's a surprise ;)
Andi.
As I understand another audi sd card cannot be used again once activated within the mmi as it is locked to that vehicle. That is why 'cheap' ones on fleabay are not a good purchase...

Associate
First stone chip on the S5, not a happy bunny :(

Ive ordered a genuine Misano red touch up kit as a stop gap. Can see this bugging the hell out of me and getting it sorted properly.

Feel your pain. I have a July 17 Misano A6 which has picked up a couple of chips. Only noticed recently and the worst is on the bonnet like yours. I ordered a repair kit and have touched up which hides it from a distance but it's still obvious up close. I need to take some time to give it a proper go soon.

I asked at a bodyshop and he said all they can do is respray the bonnet.

Soldato
I never thought you'd consider an Audi. :p

There are a few owners (inc past owners) of the A5 3.0TDI on here, everything I've read before has been mainly positive really.

A family member has recommended one. I went to view a 330d/335d and just didn't like the E90 interior. Sad to say I prefer the interior of my E46.

So I decided to look at Audi A5s, sportback version. They seem like a good buy. I also like the interior of the Audi, having been in an S5.

The current A5 or the previous?

2010/2011 sportback.

Soldato
Soldato
My brother has a 2012 coupe and the engine is very nice. It is a little diesel-y at cold startup but is very refined once warm and torquey. Works well with s tronic but it is at the gearbox torque limit so if you wanted a remap or anything you'd have to get a custom map for below the max torque rating of the gearbox

Soldato
As I understand another audi sd card cannot be used again once activated within the mmi as it is locked to that vehicle. That is why 'cheap' ones on fleabay are not a good purchase...
don't get me started on satnav maps. i have [i think, there's so much confusion and arguing] the 2nd gen MMI, that has the DVD-based maps. it's 6 year old now, and i've been quoted silly money from Audi for a new one, including an hour's labour. i mailed them back saying WTF, it's a disc, how's that warrant an hour's labour? they mailed back saying sorry,should only be half an hour, and no further info. after a lot of other searching, the only thing i can find is that apparently as you say teh maps are locked to the car/unit and it takes about 30 mins or whatever to register them.
given i can get a tomtom for half the price w/ free lifetime maps, i'm loathed to spend the money, but i'm also loathed to have another satnav unit above my satnav unit and have cables dangling down to the fag lighter.

Caporegime
don't get me started on satnav maps. i have [i think, there's so much confusion and arguing] the 2nd gen MMI, that has the DVD-based maps. it's 6 year old now, and i've been quoted silly money from Audi for a new one, including an hour's labour. i mailed them back saying WTF, it's a disc, how's that warrant an hour's labour? they mailed back saying sorry,should only be half an hour, and no further info. after a lot of other searching, the only thing i can find is that apparently as you say teh maps are locked to the car/unit and it takes about 30 mins or whatever to register them.
given i can get a tomtom for half the price w/ free lifetime maps, i'm loathed to spend the money, but i'm also loathed to have another satnav unit above my satnav unit and have cables dangling down to the fag lighter.

What car?

Back
Top Bottom