Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Soldato
I don't think it is true either, the lights are not flat plane like laser they are quite obviously adjusted towards the left like traditional halogens etc

Soldato
So I had my headlights checked today to see of they are legal here and they said they are stepped but he can adjust them somehow to pass the lights test. Even without auto highbeam on I still get flashed on dip some times.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So I had my headlights checked today to see of they are legal here and they said they are stepped but he can adjust them somehow to pass the lights test. Even without auto highbeam on I still get flashed on dip some times.
How much time do you spend in the UK? I'm curious as to why you didn't purchase a LHD (on UK plates).

Soldato
The lights are definitely higher on the left hand side and stop down to the right in the middle.

I have the same experience daily. Regularly driving home from my gf's place at night with the high beam assist I probably get flashed about 10 times in the space of 15 minutes. I know the lights are very bright and i see them adjusting around other cars on the road but its obviously not nice for oncoming traffic.

Pics of mine from other thread.

qq1iix.jpg

2rr1gl1.jpg

1zvpb8j.jpg

6p9hki.jpg
Nice, I have the matrix lamps as well but never once have I been flashed even when on auto high beam...

Soldato
How much time do you spend in the UK? I'm curious as to why you didn't purchase a LHD (on UK plates).

I probably spend around 3 weeks a year in the UK. I dont know when I could move back to the UK so there is a risk of been stuck in the UK trying to sell a LHD car.

Nice, I have the matrix lamps as well but never once have I been flashed even when on auto high beam...

I had no problems in the UK. Its driving on the opposite side in Germany thats the problem. My Ford Edge had a setting in the menu in the dials that you could change when driving abroad and I never got flashed in that even with it being a fair bit higher and lights still being very good.

Man of Honour
Every time I see an S3 it has the outside exhaust on each side absolutely gleaming but the inside one so filthy you can barely tell it's there until you get quite close. Today's example was a 67 plate so it seems to happen very quickly.

Why is this and surely Audi must realise it makes an item there for asthetics look crap?

Soldato
Every time I see an S3 it has the outside exhaust on each side absolutely gleaming but the inside one so filthy you can barely tell it's there until you get quite close. Today's example was a 67 plate so it seems to happen very quickly.

Why is this and surely Audi must realise it makes an item there for asthetics look crap?
Must be a similar set up to the Golf R as I see it there too. The extra pipe must be a bit of an after thought as far as the exhaust system goes I expect so it's not balanced as it should be.

Soldato
Tried to order an A5 Sportback S-Line with the 2.0 TFSI engine (190PS), S-tronic and the tech pack yesterday, but alas, lead times are currently in the region of 16 weeks! :eek:

The dealer’s currently trying to source an A4 Avant for me in the same spec within the timescale I have, keeping my finger’s crossed that he can pull it off.

Caporegime
Tried to order an A5 Sportback S-Line with the 2.0 TFSI engine (190PS), S-tronic and the tech pack yesterday, but alas, lead times are currently in the region of 16 weeks! :eek:

The dealer’s currently trying to source an A4 Avant for me in the same spec within the timescale I have, keeping my finger’s crossed that he can pull it off.

It's worth trying more dealers, of different franchises. For example if you've tried a Swansway dealer, try an Inchcape one as their pool of available stock will be different.

Soldato
Well, that was a Jardine’s dealership I visited yesterday, and from what the salesman was telling me, that’d be the same situation UK wide, but I’ll take a punt, a few phone calls to the likes of Inchcape dealerships round here wouldn’t hurt I suppose.

Thanks.

Soldato
I'm not so sure this is true. I've not used the Audi system but the BMW system specifically says in the owners manual that when driving on the other side of the road, the high beam assistance function is disabled and cannot be used. It mentions this for both the Xenon and the LED Matrix systems. I don't see why this would happen if it was perfectly safe and fine to use the function on the continent. Have a look through the Audi owners manual as it'll say something similar if its the case.

This, although I seem to be one of only a handful of BMW F10s that has the option to alter the drive beam via iDrive and leave them in Auto but not enable HBA

In other news, looks like I'll shortly be joining the **** club as our S6 Avant order was accepted and should be here in June.

Soldato
Some good news, had a call from an Inchcape dealership, and they have the following, which is almost exactly what I was looking for, due to start building in the next 3 weeks or so.

A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI (190 Bhp) with S-tronic
Daytona Grey
Tech pack
Extended LED interior lighting pack
Flat-bottom steering wheel

The only thing I’d change from that spec would have been the colour, I’d have preferred Scuba blue, but must say I do really like the grey as well. :)

Headed up there tomorrow, if they can get within a reasonable distance of the Jardine dealership’s offer, I’ll happily signed on the dotted line for it.

Back
Top Bottom