Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Finally went back in yesterday to yet again demonstrate the noise, wen out with two master techs in the car and the damn thing wouldn't make any noise at all after 30 mins driving and me trying to get it to do it. they basically forced me to take the car away and book it back in 'when it gets worse' and we can hear it more apparently.

Car was fine all the way home from the dealership, even had me thinking it was somehow resolved, then 20 minute drive in the evening and it's making the same noise as usual.

I did get a bit more info on the rattle under the car however, it's a TPI for this exact model and they fitted a plastic shielding around the gearbox casing to reduce the noise but not eradicate it, the resulting noise is deemed acceptable - this is what was fitted back in September 2017.

I give up.

Something to bear in mind, is that the 7 speed dry box will rattle at low speeds (I never hear it in the cabin but windows down its audible). My Ibiza Cupra did it in 1st/2nd when pottering around as the gearbox lets one of the clutches lose. My other halfs Leon 1.2tsi DSG does it, but my Leon Cupra DSG doesn't as this uses the 6 speed wet clutches.

Just something I thought of.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Something to bear in mind, is that the 7 speed dry box will rattle at low speeds (I never hear it in the cabin but windows down its audible). My Ibiza Cupra did it in 1st/2nd when pottering around as the gearbox lets one of the clutches lose. My other halfs Leon 1.2tsi DSG does it, but my Leon Cupra DSG doesn't as this uses the 6 speed wet clutches.

Just something I thought of.
Basically this I believe. I've got a TT also with the 6 spd dsg and that doesn't make a sound. The loose rattle we've got to basically get over and park it, it's the vibration sound on acceleration which is now the problem.

Nottingham Audi have made the mistake this morning to ring and ask if everything is still ok after we couldn't hear it on Monday, shes back speaking to her manager now as where we go next. I'm going to try and get a sound clip tonight if at all possible.

Soldato
So major service on the TT due soon. It is the pre-40k miles one, so a DSG gearbox oil change service also needs to be done.

I got quoted initially by the dealer over £700. They then gave me 10% 'discount' which made it £650. The breakdown of this is near £400 for the major service and £250 for the DSG oil change/service. Does this price seem rather high?

I know I paid between £300 - 400 for a normal oil change however many miles ago, which also seemed high for what was a normal inspection/oil change service.

I will request another quote from different Audi garage but have booked it in anyway just in case the price is a norm as the earliest they could fit me in with a courtesy car is early-mid July. :o

Soldato
So major service on the TT due soon. It is the pre-40k miles one, so a DSG gearbox oil change service also needs to be done.

I got quoted initially by the dealer over £700. They then gave me 10% 'discount' which made it £650. The breakdown of this is near £400 for the major service and £250 for the DSG oil change/service. Does this price seem rather high?

I know I paid between £300 - 400 for a normal oil change however many miles ago, which also seemed high for what was a normal inspection/oil change service.

I will request another quote from different Audi garage but have booked it in anyway just in case the price is a norm as the earliest they could fit me in with a courtesy car is early-mid July. :o
If you can find a Audi approved garage for cheaper the dealership should price match.

Soldato
S1 version will have 250bhp, in a car that small? that will be nippy, I have no interest they are way to small for me but one of my wifes friends who works for VAG gets a new one of these or something similar every 3 months or so.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Watched the Autogefühl video last night, seems like a nice car. Certainly the extra tech Audi cram in there make it a massive step up from the Polo and Ibiza. I dread to think how much the 2.0TFSI will cost though fully loaded :eek:

S1 only 250bhp? Seems a bit crappy considering the outgoing S1 has 230... Perhaps they don't want to be too close to the 300bhp S3?

Soldato
Watched the Autogefühl video last night, seems like a nice car. Certainly the extra tech Audi cram in there make it a massive step up from the Polo and Ibiza. I dread to think how much the 2.0TFSI will cost though fully loaded :eek:

S1 only 250bhp? Seems a bit crappy considering the outgoing S1 has 230... Perhaps they don't want to be too close to the 300bhp S3?

It’s plenty of power in a car that size.

Back
Top Bottom