******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
The trailer is not entirely inaccurate, i would say it far more accurate than it its not, it says "Footage Captured in Engine", that is entirely believable, i was running the Evocati build at 4K Very High settings and it looked like that, gorgeous, stunning, visually its accurate. is suspect it was recoded in 4K, as for those camera angles, again yes the game has a cinematic camera system built in and you could replicate all of it, again i suspect this is actually how it was done.

The locations and ships, 90% of what you see is already in, the obvious ones are not, yet.

The sound, that's where it falls down, the audio fidelity in the game is awesome but in that video yes a lot of is enhanced for 'cinematic effect'

Flying on formation properly as shown, fps combat in different locations as shown, multi crew, capitol ships, arrays, ArcCorp are all not in. The graphical fidelity is. I assume the shield and explosions are updated with 3.2 then as they not close to that at moment and as you say sound is meh compared to that video although I don't mind that. That can come later.

Of course there could be more in 3.2 but from roadmap I am just not buying what that trailers selling and its a little naughty with 3.2 soon at end.

Soldato
Yet another all showy, cinematic trailer with little substance. Why some of you still defend this 'game' is beyond me. Still no release date, still no indication of beta, more cash grabs. Honestly to those outside it seems like the longest and biggest scam ever. 90% of people are going to be very disappointed with what they get when (if?) it's released. Whenever that may be.
wait till they add bind culling and networking binding. They are also adding a planet too by the end of the year

Soldato
annoyingly my workplace block vids so i'll have to wait till i get home to watch, but i might not bother if some of the stuff just isn't actual game footage.
the thing i find sad, it that the original WC games i played had atmosphere and playability in bucketfuls and now the emphasis just seems to be slanted to the graphical. the WC games were good, obviously limited by the hardware of the time and things like Elite have jumped on the ability to she a ship and a Coriolis the way and size they always should have been seen. i'm all for great graphics but awesome graphics w/ no playability or a rubbish plot etc, is a rubbish game. a game w/ average graphics [or at least ones that don't been a £3000 set-up to run at High settings etc] but great atmosphere and gameplay, is a great game.
maybe all this stuff is going to be there and is just harder to show in a trailer but i keep thinking of that vid of the guy lying over a massive continent-sized city. he was creaming his pants, and i could only think, well yeah, it looks good...but so what? unless you can land at a huge amount of those buildings, or blow them up or something, so what? it'll be a "wow!" moment for a couple minutes, and then just something you regularly fly over to dock.

Caporegime
Flying on formation properly as shown, fps combat in different locations as shown, multi crew, capitol ships, arrays, ArcCorp are all not in. The graphical fidelity is. I assume the shield and explosions are updated with 3.2 then as they not close to that at moment and as you say sound is meh compared to that video although I don't mind that. That can come later.

Of course there could be more in 3.2 but from roadmap I am just not buying what that trailers selling and its a little naughty with 3.2 soon at end.

Its a 2018 PU trailer, not 3.2.

Soldato
Its a 2018 PU trailer, not 3.2.

Yeah but that isn't how it is being written by press or by half the people whom watched it because of CIG use of the end tag line ;)

And tbh most of that is likely to be out later than 2018 anyways. Not to mention that some of it is still SQ42 stuff.

Edit: And you said 90% is in but 50% is certainly not in till hopefully 3.4 if they get ArcCorp in. Still wont have capitol ships, will never get people flying in formation like that tbh either.

The FPS may be in, that may finally come 3.3 since being delayed from 3.0. So only 9 months late but that is likely to push a lot of the other AI subsumption listed on the schedule too.

Caporegime
Yeah but that isn't how it is being written by press or by half the people whom watched it because of CIG use of the end tag line ;)

And tbh most of that is likely to be out later than 2018 anyways. Not to mention that some of it is still SQ42 stuff.

Edit: And you said 90% is in but 50% is certainly not in till hopefully 3.4 if they get ArcCorp in. Still wont have capitol ships, will never get people flying in formation like that tbh either.

The FPS may be in, that may finally come 3.3 since being delayed from 3.0. So only 9 months late but that is likely to push a lot of the other AI subsumption listed on the schedule too.

The press should know better, the title of the video is a plain English description, the end line is just an announcement that 3.2 is about to be released, which is true, and maybe the feel they can get SQ42 out by Christmas.

Associate
Are you guys now not just drinking the Kool aid? I was in for £450.. got 350 back, but you all really feel Chris is going to deliver? Good luck with that. However if it works...

Soldato
Taking pride in a finished ambitious project is a good thing but an open ended timeline with all these huge sums of money for yet another variation on a theme of pixels which don't even exist yet seems to be a bit of a cunning plan. There's just no reason for them to ever focus on getting a finished game out the door whilst the cash continues to roll in. It almost feels like people are being lured into buy the subsequent DLC before the actual game is even published!

I backed it on day of release on kickstarter for £45 or so but jeez, talk about scope creep.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will agree there needs to be more control over it, too much time is being wasted on features that are cool but actually make the game kinda cumbersome and annoying to use, the holographic star map for example, it used to be that you just had points in the world that you pointed your ship at and hold down a key to Quantum Jump there, simple and easy to use, nothing at all wrong with it.
Now you have to open up a 3D holographic map and look for your destination on it and then you can jump to your location, so they have added a really rather cumbersome and frankly annoying layer to travelling from A to B because it looks cool or is somehow more immersive.
And as you will see soon they have added yet another layer to that malarkey, for no apparent reason...

Things like that someone needs to kerb because it does take up development time and money and the truth is people think its cool for about 5 minutes and then its just annoying.

Soldato
You want to add anything original or actually factually true :D
But he's sort of right, until it's released it's not really available and ready. And why would it be released if they are still getting money into their bank account. On release that might dry up and everyone involved lose their livelihood. It's just taking too long. It will way too big to even play when it's done, too complicated and too much to learn.
Andi.

Soldato
Nah I just wanted to trigger people so humbug can argue with them for my entertainment.

I am easy to trigger at moment with lack of sleep and Humbug shouts at me all the time :p

But he's sort of right, until it's released it's not really available and ready. And why would it be released if they are still getting money into their bank account. On release that might dry up and everyone involved lose their livelihood. It's just taking too long. It will way too big to even play when it's done, too complicated and too much to learn.
Andi.

Vaporware would mean it isn't playable and basically on paper ;) It isn't. I can log in now if I wanted to have a game. Cyberpunk 2077 started same time and their release window is looking to be end 2019 at moment for it.

No one is suggesting that is vaporware. Also you would be suggesting that all games in Alpha testing, Beta testing, early access are also vaporware which really misses what the term vaporware is for in honesty.

Back
Top Bottom