******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Yet another all showy, cinematic trailer with little substance. Why some of you still defend this 'game' is beyond me. Still no release date, still no indication of beta, more cash grabs. Honestly to those outside it seems like the longest and biggest scam ever. 90% of people are going to be very disappointed with what they get when (if?) it's released. Whenever that may be.

Soldato
:(

I keep saying to myself, at least it will be something unique and great to play once it is done, so worth the wait. Just hope they finish it before they run out of money is all.

It will a good thing if they run sort. As it will be the only time they will be forced to bring out one of the games.

Soldato
OP
It will a good thing if they run sort. As it will be the only time they will be forced to bring out one of the games.

SQ42 is more or less done from what I can tell. Thing is most people didn't back for it, I know I didn't.

I'm in Evocati (as is Humbug) so it's not as if we aren't still participating but I'm fed up of their marketing ploys, would much rather pay for content EVERYONE is getting then have another ship, another ship, another ship. Back in the day the stretch goals were communal, now it's increasingly just for the few injecting fresh cash.

Soldato
I've massivey detached myself from this project over the last year or 2. Following it closely was maddening and frustrating. I still think we will get somehing cool out of it in the end, but I'm much happier just forgetting about it for the time being.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don’t follow closely. I just remember it when I see a headline or when now and then I pop in here. Even 12 months goes by I ask here and it’s like it is no closer to release. Goes from Alpha 3.x to Alpha 4.x :p

They should hurry up and just release SQ42 next year at the latest. Then they can take another 2-3 years for the online part. I mainly care about SQ42 anyway. Not sure I would have time for Star Citizen which is the online MMO part.

Soldato
I'm kinda hoping another developer takes up the mantle of a decent space MMO now that CiG have proved there's a market for it....one without all the baggage that comes with the ludicrous funding model SC has spawned.

Soldato
SQ42 is more or less done from what I can tell. Thing is most people didn't back for it, I know I didn't.

I'm in Evocati (as is Humbug) so it's not as if we aren't still participating but I'm fed up of their marketing ploys, would much rather pay for content EVERYONE is getting then have another ship, another ship, another ship. Back in the day the stretch goals were communal, now it's increasingly just for the few injecting fresh cash.

If they bring SQ$" out this year. The money they make can go towards the other game.
Which should mean you will get it faster.

Soldato
SQ42 wont be out till earliest end of next year. They haven't got any of the AI in yet and wont all be in before end of the year. That alone means it isn't close to being ready. The story and whitebox for all locations for Chapter 1 is done.

There are many things left though from what they are showing tbh. I am fine with this myself. Others will not be. But yeah I suspect a Xmas 2019 launch myself.

In regards to the trailer above. Looks amazing but has maybe 50% content of what the PU has planned to be in this year with 30% unknown if or when in and 20% seems lifted from SQ42 so wont be in the PU at all anyways. Miss-leading is an understatement with that video in honesty.

Caporegime
The trailer is not entirely inaccurate, i would say it far more accurate than it its not, it says "Footage Captured in Engine", that is entirely believable, i was running the Evocati build at 4K Very High settings and it looked like that, gorgeous, stunning, visually its accurate. is suspect it was recoded in 4K, as for those camera angles, again yes the game has a cinematic camera system built in and you could replicate all of it, again i suspect this is actually how it was done.

The locations and ships, 90% of what you see is already in, the obvious ones are not, yet.

The sound, that's where it falls down, the audio fidelity in the game is awesome but in that video yes a lot of is enhanced for 'cinematic effect'

Back
Top Bottom