******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
3.2 plays very very well for me and a lot of others from what has been said in the chat.
I was on my tv @4k last night with a constant 50fps, i played for 2 hours and had no crashes, all missions showed up correctly and were completed.
It was a good experience, some of the views of descending down onto a planet/moons surface was impressive.

I tried out the first pass of mining while it was on the ptu which i like as well, now live build is out i dont have a prospector and wish i did, but that price is not for me lol. Hopefully in September we will be able to buy ships in game and then i can use one more often :)

Caporegime
@humbug @pete910 ^^^ what’s performance been like for you lads, anything like that? Sounds like a really good bump!

Not bad, on a full server around Olisar 30+ is normal, away from Olisar that Network Culling ^^^ works, it doesn't seem to wast CPU cycles updating absolutely everything on the server and the frame rates go up to about 40.
There are still big dips in frame rates when someone spawns a big ship, you still feel that anywhere on the server.

It is now much more playable than it has been, 30 to 40'ish FPS doesn't seem like a lot but it is actually very smooth.
Mining is fun, and challenging if you seek out high yielding rocks.
Contrary to what i said about over complicating Quantum Travel they have actually added an option to simplify it, you don't have to use the star map any more, as it was in 2.0 you can press B > point your ship at the waypoint marker, wait for the drive to spool up and hold B to jump, nice...
Planet traversing and waypoint approach is now done via QT, so its much faster, they tweaked lighting and fidelity so it looks a little better again.

Its a good patch, not much added in the way of big features, but lots of little things that make the overall experience that much nicer, they even fixed the bad visibility on the Cutlass.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well thought id give it a go for first time in about a year and the experience hasn't breen great.

Joined 6 different servers, all of which were running at around 15-25fps regardless of graphical setting. The stutters due to frame drops are also still present.

Instantly encountered a bug with the door panel on spawn where you can't exit the room due to inner thought not recognising the panel... my friends also encountered this issue.

With regard to mining, im guessing you have to buy a specific ship with real money to do it ? or can you buy mining upgrades to your current ship ?

Can we buy ships in game yet with the in game currency ? what about ship upgrades ?

What elements are persistent ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not bad, on a full server around Olisar 30+ is normal, away from Olisar that Network Culling ^^^ works, it doesn't seem to wast CPU cycles updating absolutely everything on the server and the frame rates go up to about 40.
There are still big dips in frame rates when someone spawns a big ship, you still feel that anywhere on the server.

It is now much more playable than it has been, 30 to 40'ish FPS doesn't seem like a lot but it is actually very smooth.
Mining is fun, and challenging if you seek out high yielding rocks.
Contrary to what i said about over complicating Quantum Travel they have actually added an option to simplify it, you don't have to use the star map any more, as it was in 2.0 you can press B > point your ship at the waypoint marker, wait for the drive to spool up and hold B to jump, nice...
Planet traversing and waypoint approach is now done via QT, so its much faster, they tweaked lighting and fidelity so it looks a little better again.

Its a good patch, not much added in the way of big features, but lots of little things that make the overall experience that much nicer, they even fixed the bad visibility on the Cutlass.
network culling is not on this build, it was mentioned to be on the next one in september!?!?!?

Soldato
Well thought id give it a go for first time in about a year and the experience hasn't breen great.

Joined 6 different servers, all of which were running at around 15-25fps regardless of graphical setting. The stutters due to frame drops are also still present.

Instantly encountered a bug with the door panel on spawn where you can't exit the room due to inner thought not recognising the panel... my friends also encountered this issue.

With regard to mining, im guessing you have to buy a specific ship with real money to do it ? or can you buy mining upgrades to your current ship ?

Can we buy ships in game yet with the in game currency ? what about ship upgrades ?

yea u see i told u. There is no network culling or any other optimisation on this build. it starts appearing on september onwards

Soldato
I overheated a rock and the warning sound wouldn't stop playing until I left the ship and ran away out of hearing range at port olisar, even with the prospectors power off and engine shutdown the warning sound continued lol

Caporegime
Sometimes when servers have been up for a long time they can get pretty horrible performance.

Change regions to be sure the system doesn't put you back in the crappy server when trying to escape it.

From earlier today.... if you want to know what we are talking about with drug runs ecte... there is a hidden drugs lab on Yela where you can buy to sell drugs.

Associate
Looking forward to giving 3.2 a whirl either later today or tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure they've approached mining correctly, but I haven't tried it yet obviously so that's just an initial sense form watching a couple of vids & or course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Soldato

I will play again tonight but i havent had the door panel bug. Not sure why your fps was so low? As i said i was on my panasonic tv @4k and got more fps than you, strange. As for frame drops they dont occur for me at least, no where near how they were, once every half hour 20 minutes at most.
As for mining thats done in the prospector and on ptu anyone could use it for testing, but now on live servers only those who have bought one with real monies can do it. The buying of ships in game is meant to be coming with 3.3 in september along with the network bind culling which missed this 3.2 release.

Soldato
OP
Servers have additional logging turned on at the moment so thee longer the server is up the larger the logs get, if it's a particularly busy server it'll end up rebooting after a couple of hours max and meantime FPS will tank.

That's my understanding from the devs at the moment, don't expect it to get better but if you get onto a fresh-ish server and the region you are in means few players joining each hour you can be on with reasonable FPS for a while.

Soldato
How is it a scam? You pay something like £40 and thats that. no worse then half the triple A titled filled with bugs and little content

How is it a scam? Maybe because loads of people paid for it years ago and there's still barely anything to show for it? Development began in 2011 after the Kickstarter campaign which raised millions, and the game was meant to be out in 2014. We're now four years on and it's still an Alpha, with no clear idea in sight of when it'll come out. I've been watching the development for years, waiting to see if anything concrete actually happens and it's just too fluid and choppy. Things get changed whenever and the developer stance of "we're not happy with this so we're overhauling it completely" is just ridiculous. People have paid for the game and it's taking years to complete. I'm not sure whether the blind allegiance from some on here is just because they're hoping that they haven't wasted money, or that they absolutely, truly believe that the developers are going to deliver on their promises, but up until now, what have you got to show for it aside from a barely playable buggy alpha?

Back
Top Bottom