*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
So that's what Panic Button were working on.
Warframe
Hope it's cross platform

https://youtu.be/mCXYD9iN3Rw

I was thinking about this just the other day seeing as we have been getting games like paladins and fortnite recently. Wonder how this will be on the small screen. From my limited experiance, there's a lot of onscreen information etc. It's a really popular game, I've just never been able to 'get it' unfortunatly.

Would love to try it again though, I need an addictive shooter in my life. I wonder how they will handle content updates as it's handled by a port studio? They would need to get it to line up with the other systems surely

Last edited:
Soldato
Watcher Knights.

If you have the Flukenest charm it makes that fight a bit easier, stack it with some magic boosting-charms and it becomes reasonably manageable. It's probably one of the most annoying fights as it doesn't feel fair although I've watched people do it with zero hits so it obviously is!

I called it quits at the post-game fights as I just wasn't good enough, same for the crazy hard secret platforming section.

Moved on to Nioh so whatever I play next needs to take it easy on me :)

Soldato
I can take a few out but I lose it under pressure! I may go back after a rest not sure. I'm playing Ori now and I'm enjoying that.

I handled them like ..

..the four kings on dark souls, just rushed each one before another would spawn. Used a charm that increased spell damage and how much mana (or whatever) is produced with each hit. Took me a fair while but that's how I managed it eventually ;) a break always works wonders for frustrating sections

fez

fez

Caporegime
Watcher Knights.

They are easily one of the hardest bosses if not the hardest as you have almost 0 time to react a lot of the time and quite often its almost impossible to dodge them.

You can perma kill one of them by smashing the roof just before the watcher knights and there is a passage that allows you to chop a chandelier down on one of them. That leaves 5. I found the best way was to go damage heavy and try to kill them quickly. A lot of the time I would have full soul but die without using it so I ended up using quite a lot of spells to whittle them down. Learning how to use the downward attack to "bounce" on them also helped a lot. If you perma kill one of them there are only 5 and you only realistically need to worry about killing 4 as the 5th one will be on his own and a piece of ****. You can use your charge attack on the first one as he is spawning then wail on him and dodge if needs be. Then you just need to get a little lucky and kill the other 3 to leave the easy last one. Good luck, it took me more goes than I would like to admit.

Soldato
Still really enjoying playing through LA Noire again on Switch. Solid port.

Still getting the loose right Joy-Con. It clicks in place but I can still pull it out without pressing the wee button. If I connect it to the holder or wrist strap things then it's solid.

So must be the rail on the Switch? Will need to get hold of another Joy-Con to see if it does the same.

Soldato
Not finding Donkey Kong particularly hard yet. I think part of that is that I seem to never have less that 90 lives. Do think games should commit fully to the challenge if they are going for it at all.

That aside I have had a nice challenge in terms of obtaining all the items in a level etc. Not used the shop yet? Don't really see the benefit, I gather it's mainly to start a level with a companion of your choosing? Have about 600gold at the moment :D

Associate
I can take a few out but I lose it under pressure! I may go back after a rest not sure. I'm playing Ori now and I'm enjoying that.

Excellent game - Wait till you get to the Ginso Tree, took me a while to do that and took my girlfriend an entire day on the xbox frantically smashing xbox buttons, swearing away, having huffs - I had to leave the room as laughing at her was making her angry :D

10/10 game though!

Man of Honour
Not finding Donkey Kong particularly hard yet. I think part of that is that I seem to never have less that 90 lives. Do think games should commit fully to the challenge if they are going for it at all.

That aside I have had a nice challenge in terms of obtaining all the items in a level etc. Not used the shop yet? Don't really see the benefit, I gather it's mainly to start a level with a companion of your choosing? Have about 600gold at the moment :D

I'm not used to ever dying in games these days but in DKC:TF I must die a good ten times per level. As you say there are more than enough lives but even dying once makes this tougher than most platformers.

I haven't ever used the shop and quickly reached the 999 coin limit cap.

Soldato
I'm not used to ever dying in games these days but in DKC:TF I must die a good ten times per level. As you say there are more than enough lives but even dying once makes this tougher than most platformers.

I haven't ever used the shop and quickly reached the 999 coin limit cap.

It's certainly fair, I have died a fair amount too. I guess its the generous distribution of extra lives that softens the blow.

I tried it docked and wish I sorted my joycon issue at launch when I wasn't using the system much! Don't want to send them off now :D I tend to play a majority handheld anyway

Soldato
Who else has Octopath Traveler coming at the end of the week? :D

Also off on Holiday on Sunday, I know what I will be taking with me :D

I haven't for now! I did try the 3 hour demo in the end but not for long enough to form an opinion on it just yet. I wasn't too sure about that combat personally, but again I've only brushed the surface so too early to write it off completely :)

Associate
Thought i'll post in here aswell, I've owned mine since christmas.
Currently owned:
Sonic Forces - finished story
Mario kart 8
Bayonetta 1&2 - Finished 1 twice now(1st time on Ps3), never played 2 when it was released on the wii u but will play it closer to 3rd game release
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - Currently playing through the story

Just pre-ordered shining resonance refrain as the gameplay is similar to Tales of franchise
I have finished Zelda Breath of the wild but I wasn't as excited as everyone else was over the game.

Soldato
Thought i'll post in here aswell, I've owned mine since christmas.
Currently owned:
Sonic Forces - finished story
Mario kart 8
Bayonetta 1&2 - Finished 1 twice now(1st time on Ps3), never played 2 when it was released on the wii u but will play it closer to 3rd game release
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - Currently playing through the story

Just pre-ordered shining resonance refrain as the gameplay is similar to Tales of franchise
I have finished Zelda Breath of the wild but I wasn't as excited as everyone else was over the game.

Thoughts on Hyrule Warriors? I think that's my next stop.

Soldato
Excellent game - Wait till you get to the Ginso Tree, took me a while to do that and took my girlfriend an entire day on the xbox frantically smashing xbox buttons, swearing away, having huffs - I had to leave the room as laughing at her was making her angry :D

10/10 game though!

Do you mean the first tree part with the water rising and you have to arrow sling your way up? If so I did that part on Saturday. Quite frantic but fun! I remember the first time I tried to play it I gave up there. I am tons better now since I've played a lot of platformers on the Switch over the past year or so. It's been a long time since I really played the genre apart from Rayman Origins on the PS3. Anyway it is too hot at the moment to be playing games like these!

Last edited:
Associate
Thoughts on Hyrule Warriors? I think that's my next stop.
Pretty fun if you're into the Dynasty Warriors mechanics and didn't get chance to play it on Wii U or 3DS, the combos and animations are pretty cool, from the looks of the main story/Legend mode it seems pretty short if you was to go by IGN walkthrough but there are a lot of optionals in adventure&challenge mode which adds extra game time.
There are additional 2 characters added on from breath of the wild aswell in the definitive edition i believe.

Back
Top Bottom