Fuji X Series

Soldato
Or they go up in price.

Doubt it. The f2 will be cheapest, followed by the f1.4 and no doubt the f1.0 will be between that and the 50mm 1.2. It will basically render the other 2 as pointless outside of cost as it will probably have the optical quality of the 1.4 with even better Af than the 2 with wr as well. 33mm is also perfect. I actually quite like the focussing sound on the 1.4 unlike some.

Soldato
Fuji Rumours reporting new battery grip and 20fps for the XT3 and that it will be cheaper than the XT2 was on release. It will be interesting to see the changes when it arrives.

Last edited:
Associate
Doubt it. The f2 will be cheapest, followed by the f1.4 and no doubt the f1.0 will be between that and the 50mm 1.2. It will basically render the other 2 as pointless outside of cost as it will probably have the optical quality of the 1.4 with even better Af than the 2 with wr as well. 33mm is also perfect. I actually quite like the focussing sound on the 1.4 unlike some.
f1.0 is a very specific need with no guarantees about image quality.

Associate
The 56 1.2 you mean? That lens is so limited in its use though, it's virtually portrait only or still life/product shots (providing you have the space) due to focal length on apsc. 35mm comparisons are more relevant. I'm also hoping it's sub £600 unlike the 56.
Meant the 35mm f1.4. 50mm equivalent. It won’t be cheap that is certain.

Soldato
Would the latest XT3 rumours (from Fujirumours.com) meet everybody's requirements for a potential upgrade?

Soldato
Nothing much to get too excited about to be honest, having used IBIS with my other half's X-H1 I think that's a real missed opportunity as it is very effective and incredibly useful for the lenses without OIS.

Everything else looks to be incremental upgrades for the most part so I'll stick with my X-Pro2 for now. If the new sensor is a real step up or the AF is a big jump then I'd probably be tempted to upgrade when the X-Pro3 comes out.

Soldato
Nothing much to get too excited about to be honest, having used IBIS with my other half's X-H1 I think that's a real missed opportunity as it is very effective and incredibly useful for the lenses without OIS.

Everything else looks to be incremental upgrades for the most part so I'll stick with my X-Pro2 for now. If the new sensor is a real step up or the AF is a big jump then I'd probably be tempted to upgrade when the X-Pro3 comes out.

What kind of shutter speeds do you find you can get away with on lenses without OIS? As in how slow before camera shake becomes apparent.

Soldato
Depends on the lens of course but ~4 stops on average, it makes the 56 and 90 very usable handheld with shutter speeds down to around 1/5s even with pretty average technique. I've not used it for video myself but my other half has used it for records the little one and likes it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom