• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
haha i still got my 9900k in a drawer lol as i might be sending it back im thinking a 8700K @5.2ghz is fast enough for gaming :)
+ the fact the motherboards i want are not even out and no one knows anything about them ! Asus Xtreme z390 or Gigabyte Xtreme Z390 both boards are no where to be seen.

Going to phone OCUK tomorrow and get a 30 Day RMA that way if the boards are not out within that time the CPU goes back. lol

Soldato
haha i still got my 9900k in a drawer lol as i might be sending it back im thinking a 8700K @5.2ghz is fast enough for gaming :)
+ the fact the motherboards i want are not even out and no one knows anything about them ! Asus Xtreme z390 or Gigabyte Xtreme Z390 both boards are no where to be seen.

Going to phone OCUK tomorrow and get a 30 Day RMA that way if the boards are not out within that time the CPU goes back. lol

Extreme will be landing shortly.

Associate
I currently have an 8700k it's been a great processor and sits at 4.8ghz easily. Not tried to push it further. The 9900k is on order I think I'll just slap it in my Z370 board for the moment to avoid a rebuild.

I got the impression the 9900k was hotter, but is this not the case?

Associate
I currently have an 8700k it's been a great processor and sits at 4.8ghz easily. Not tried to push it further. The 9900k is on order I think I'll just slap it in my Z370 board for the moment to avoid a rebuild.

Not for me, stock vs stock it is cooler than my 8700k. Thats with 2 extra cores and a higher base clock.

It does get hotter when overclocking, but still cooler than my 8700k when that was overclocked.

And stress tests like Prime push the temps sky high but that is to be expected with any cpu running an intensive avx load.

Soldato

Mine runs slightly cooler than the 1800x at 3.9 it replaced

My voltage is 1.24 Max on the Aorus (Auto volts)

Associate
Fair enough. Didn't even occur to me to leave it on balanced, I always go and mess with it on a fresh install.

His temps are really great but his core temps don't hold as they are shown there, they increase and then drop down. XTU has a spike in core temps that then drops, then the package temp remains higher before dropping itself, then the cycle repeats. It is a very consistant stress test, at least from my experience.

Silent_Scone, would you mind seeing what hwinfo says about your Vcore under load? Mine is reporting a fair bit lower than XTU does and I'm just wondering if it does the same for you.

Soldato
Nice looking system you got there! mate ;) and a cool i9, erm whats PP?

thanks, dude :) Sorry, Windows power plan

Fair enough. Didn't even occur to me to leave it on balanced, I always go and mess with it on a fresh install.

His temps are really great but his core temps don't hold as they are shown there, they increase and then drop down. XTU has a spike in core temps that then drops, then the package temp remains higher before dropping itself, then the cycle repeats. It is a very consistant stress test, at least from my experience.

Silent_Scone, would you mind seeing what hwinfo says about your Vcore under load? Mine is reporting a fair bit lower than XTU does and I'm just wondering if it does the same for you.

Hi, depends how you're setting it up. LLC, manual or adaptive, etc. Under adaptive you're going to see some variation due to how Intel is handling things on the VID side. With LLC 4 I see anywhere from 1.24 to 1.32v depending on load conditions

Associate
I'm using adaptive though I have an offset to lower that. I have 8 levels of LLC on my board, with 8 being the highest. 7 doesn't give me quite enough but 8 gives me waaaay to much voltage. Maybe Asus will improve it with a bios update.

Soldato
If money isn't a problem just get one and enjoy the upgrade.

I agree, plus more of you might be able todo this now by paying monthly installments with paypal, I upgraded my pc using this method
Let the games begin :)

ASUS Formula XI / 9900K 5GHz @ 1.25v

Ky3itYT.jpg

Im loving the small case,, I have gone off the large cases, I like just enough room for the hardware without loads of room left over. I have the Cooltek W2 Case, its nice and small, minimalistic and it can take a extra large motherboard and a long gfx card. Plus it stays nice and cool with just 2 140mm front fans and a rear 120mm fan.

Soldato
I'm using adaptive though I have an offset to lower that. I have 8 levels of LLC on my board, with 8 being the highest. 7 doesn't give me quite enough but 8 gives me waaaay to much voltage. Maybe Asus will improve it with a bios update.

That doesn't make sense? You could lower your offset value or use a positive value so it's giving more volts then you don't need to use as higher llc setting? You alter the offset taking into account the llc setting to get the exact adaptive voltage under load, not changing the llc setting to try and get the exact voltage as you will find that no setting probably is just right.

Associate
That doesn't make sense? You could lower your offset value or use a positive value so it's giving more volts then you don't need to use as higher llc setting? You alter the offset taking into account the llc setting to get the exact adaptive voltage under load, not changing the llc setting to try and get the exact voltage as you will find that no setting probably is just right.

I have vdroop or over voltage regardless. It doesn't matter what I set the offset to, it still isn't right and it behaves strangely. I have managed to get it better however though I'm going to set up a manual voltage tonight with all the c-states enabled just to see how that goes.

Quite enjoying messing with it.

Back
Top Bottom