Football Manager 2019

Associate
Depends on how you want to play the game doesn't it? I could get to the first proper game of the season within 15 mins if I wanted. Set processing to instant, do the first board meeting, turn off the first transfer window and press continue. Job done, 15 mins.

I don't play it like that. I set my staff, sign whichever backroom staff I need to, set my scouting assignments etc. I would say it probably takes me an hour to hour and half to get to the first season game.

But, as I said depends on how you play it. I have the spiderman game on PS4. My eldest completed it in about 18 hours. I have taken about 30 and I am only half way through, but I am doing all the side mission, challenges etc, he only did the main story.

Associate
So, an honest question then, have you actually got the game and played it? You say its rubbish and has loads of bugs etc, which makes me think you have the game otherwise how would you know this. Yet you say anyone who has the beta basically must be an idiot and everyone should wait for the demo. Would be interested to know if you have the game or not.

Steam reviews are generally the best way to judge a game. The are not just done by the 'fanboys' as they maybe on the forums, but by those who actually buy the game.

I am enjoying it. I have come across a couple of bugs - I couldn't continue at one point due to the game just processing after I had selected my team. I had to shut it down and go back to the last save. There is a 'trick' for you, during the beta I always set an autosave up for every week on a 3 save rolling. If you get any game breaking bugs then you only lose a week. I am not a massive fan of any of the skins to be honest, but generally I am not a fan of any SI made skins, I always find one fan made skin I like and download it. Also sometimes the game seems a little slow to react for me. When I am in a press conference it seems to take a while to process my input before the next question.

Tactics are now excellent for me. Much more information about what things actually do. Taking the team shape out is brilliant. Training is also excellent, much more like how it would work IRL with multiple sessions over a day.

I do not have the game.

I have played the beta a friend I know always buys it has done since the first ever Champ Manager back on the Amiga (he doesn't pay Steam price always tends to find it for around £20 mark)

The game has a lot of bugs also fair amount of wrong data which some people are reporting in SI forums but looking at the replies and how they gather the data it's all very amateurish (used to be they used proper researchers and paid some scouts not anymore)

My friend has had a lot of performance issues on it and he has a very high end PC which the game still doesn't take advantage of.

Soldato
Still familier fm, which is of course good and bad depending on what bits you like.

New tactic creator is excellent, CPU teams seem more proactive in making changes, only bug ive come across is stuck on processing when entering match days but changing skins fixes that.

Moaning about skins/colour schemes is pointless seeing as plenty of options are easily available for download.

Soldato
Do they have a "dedicated server" option for Multiplayer games yet?

So you can run a server in the background without needing the main game running thus blocking your Steam account?

With the current system, if you have a 20 person league, are matches played "live" or can you just submit your team, make your changes and let the match "playout" by itself when everyone else is ready?

Soldato
Quite enjoying 19, completed 3 seasons so far and have a very good tactic and team now, so good in fact season 3 saw me win the prem with a record of 35W and 3D

Alisson had a cracking season - even if his average rating doesn't suggest so.

k4hHwT2l.jpg

Associate
What's peoples views of the game this year?

I didn't enjoy FM18 as it seemed like you had to proper micro manage every small detail to keep morale high, and just too much interactions with players all the time. Is this still the case this year? I know you can get assitant to take care of media etc but it still felt too much and repedative.

I normally wait a few months for at least the first patch to come out before buying or buy every other one, so probably will go for fm2020.

Soldato
I'm playing the demo for FM Touch and I think the tactical changes are really good and the match engine is noticably better, although it certainly isn't perfect. It feels like a better game than FM18 and I was going to give it a miss, but I may end up buying it.
Not sure about the additional bits you get in the full game, but give the demo a try.

Associate
What's peoples views of the game this year?

I didn't enjoy FM18 as it seemed like you had to proper micro manage every small detail to keep morale high, and just too much interactions with players all the time. Is this still the case this year? I know you can get assitant to take care of media etc but it still felt too much and repedative.

I normally wait a few months for at least the first patch to come out before buying or buy every other one, so probably will go for fm2020.

This ones even worse.

So many bugs on this one as well.

waiting every 3+ years is best thing to do that is the timeline they use for doing proper work on things like the match engine.

If you can't wait look in football club shops it appears a lot of them are selling the game for about £15

Associate
This ones even worse.

So many bugs on this one as well.

waiting every 3+ years is best thing to do that is the timeline they use for doing proper work on things like the match engine.

If you can't wait look in football club shops it appears a lot of them are selling the game for about £15

Can't feel the game is forever actually going backwards, they keep adding all these new "features" but they don't make the game more enjoyable if anything the complete opposite, i just feel i'm almost babysitting the squad too much now, i enjoyed the old school cms and fm from 2005-2012 but after that been enjoying it less and less, since fm2012 i only started buying it every 2 years, so only owned 14,16,18 since but i notice i play less and less hrs each new game i buy and it's simply because i find it too complex and boring rather than fun, all these team talks, agents, tunnels, morale, players moaning about xyz. Shame because i don't personally feel the series will recapture what made it so great to begin with, also don't think it doesn't help there is no competition.

Ree

Ree

Associate
just done a instant result and had this wth lol.

f80c1e22240532133078d43f1f679e7e.png

Soldato
Is there a simplified game within this version? I really like management games but I really can't be ***** to plan out what my reserve team goalie has for lunch the day before a game!

Man of Honour
You guys do realise you can set your ass manager to deal with the majority of the chores. So things like tunnel interviews are a thing of the past. When I begin a career I set my bloke to do all that stuff.

19 is pretty good to be honest. I was adamant I wasn’t going to invest this year until I saw the improvements they made. There are a lot of little QOL improvements this year which stream line it nicely. It’s undoubtedly quicker than 18 by a long stretch and there have been improvements made in virtually every area. You’ve also got the training module which is a very nice feature.

There will always be issues it’s the very nature of the game, but there have been enough improvements for me to recommend it this year.

Associate
I really wanted to pick this up as I never really got into 18 and my 17 save is boring but looking at the official forums shows some bad match engine bugs that I just couldn’t deal with. I know they will get fixed but I’ll wait till it does before buying.

Soldato
... simply because i find it too complex and boring rather than fun, all these team talks, agents, tunnels, morale, players moaning about xyz.
I don’t understand it when people say this about the game when you could just play Football Manager Touch. It’s the same game without the repetitive media questions, team talks, morale issues and player handholding etc... It’s the same match engine and transfer system, and the new improved tactics. It’s not perfect but I certainly think it’s more fun and more like the game used to be.

Soldato
I really wanted to pick this up as I never really got into 18 and my 17 save is boring but looking at the official forums shows some bad match engine bugs that I just couldn’t deal with. I know they will get fixed but I’ll wait till it does before buying.

A few but what it comes down to on a lot of the posts, is that no insta win plug and play tactic, so some adjusments need to be made.

Back
Top Bottom