Football Manager 2019

Caporegime
I might actually start a Sunderland save. They could be fun depending on how the games goes. In real life Sunderland are attracting some good crowds regardless of league 1, and their debts are cleared.

Associate
It is a massive step up. Reminds me of FM12 in terms of how much it is improved on the past 2. Feels so much more in depth with daily training routines etc.

LOL hardly

A lot of the people praising it are typical fanboys you add in some new stuff and they make out like it has been built from ground up and with a fantastic new match engine.

It is the same game as last year with a few extras added and awful skin.

Associate
LOL hardly

A lot of the people praising it are typical fanboys you add in some new stuff and they make out like it has been built from ground up and with a fantastic new match engine.

It is the same game as last year with a few extras added and awful skin.

Well then I'm a fanboy then and I have no issue with it. I'd recommend anyone buy it who enjoys the series. Skin is fine, some of the club colours need adjusting as text isn't readable on the neon backgrounds but other than that it's one of the better releases in recent times.

Every year there'll be people hating on it cos it's 'cool' or they can't buy a win but even the steam reviews are heavily in favour of it.

Associate
I so want to try it, but with studies going not as well as I was hoping it would be a bad idea. Studies and full time work is a very bad combination with FM =D
And I got a very good save going on FM16 where I've now managed to get myself a new stadium named after me as well :p

Associate
Well then I'm a fanboy then and I have no issue with it. I'd recommend anyone buy it who enjoys the series. Skin is fine, some of the club colours need adjusting as text isn't readable on the neon backgrounds but other than that it's one of the better releases in recent times.

Every year there'll be people hating on it cos it's 'cool' or they can't buy a win but even the steam reviews are heavily in favour of it.

Well you must be why wouldn't you just wait for demo this beta stuff is stupid it's marketing ploy.

The whole look and colours are awful I prefer the older ones more simple look no need for all this fancy colour stuff with bulky icons it's unnecessary.

I don't agree with the hating it because it's cool I don't see why people would do that it doesn't have a massive following the truth is people have had enough of the lazy ness from SI just look at the games history they really haven't advanced much at all yet they keep bumping price up as well. (steam reviews are meaningless)

I so want to try it, but with studies going not as well as I was hoping it would be a bad idea. Studies and full time work is a very bad combination with FM =D
And I got a very good save going on FM16 where I've now managed to get myself a new stadium named after me as well :p

I would wait for the demo to try it

If you have to study you wont really have the time to play this it's a game you can't just launch and play for small amount of time also with all the bugs and stuff this have has it's better to wait until after Jan update anyway

Associate
Has anybody come across any offers for the physical release? I know it will cost more but I always buy the physical release and have done since 01/02, that said if I can save a fiver or so that would obviously be a bonus.

Associate
Well you must be why wouldn't you just wait for demo this beta stuff is stupid it's marketing ploy.

The whole look and colours are awful I prefer the older ones more simple look no need for all this fancy colour stuff with bulky icons it's unnecessary.

I don't agree with the hating it because it's cool I don't see why people would do that it doesn't have a massive following the truth is people have had enough of the lazy ness from SI just look at the games history they really haven't advanced much at all yet they keep bumping price up as well. (steam reviews are meaningless)

I would wait for the demo to try it

If you have to study you wont really have the time to play this it's a game you can't just launch and play for small amount of time also with all the bugs and stuff this have has it's better to wait until after Jan update anyway

So, an honest question then, have you actually got the game and played it? You say its rubbish and has loads of bugs etc, which makes me think you have the game otherwise how would you know this. Yet you say anyone who has the beta basically must be an idiot and everyone should wait for the demo. Would be interested to know if you have the game or not.

Steam reviews are generally the best way to judge a game. The are not just done by the 'fanboys' as they maybe on the forums, but by those who actually buy the game.

I am enjoying it. I have come across a couple of bugs - I couldn't continue at one point due to the game just processing after I had selected my team. I had to shut it down and go back to the last save. There is a 'trick' for you, during the beta I always set an autosave up for every week on a 3 save rolling. If you get any game breaking bugs then you only lose a week. I am not a massive fan of any of the skins to be honest, but generally I am not a fan of any SI made skins, I always find one fan made skin I like and download it. Also sometimes the game seems a little slow to react for me. When I am in a press conference it seems to take a while to process my input before the next question.

Tactics are now excellent for me. Much more information about what things actually do. Taking the team shape out is brilliant. Training is also excellent, much more like how it would work IRL with multiple sessions over a day.

Man of Honour
I bought it. I have to say, it's better than I thought. Simple little things, like a universal naming convention for save games, and ball curl in the match engine. Excellent little additions. Have to spend time learning the training aspect, looks complex. Got my assistant manager to deal with everything like that. Only hope the regen graphics improve in the general release.

Soldato
I have found a couple of little bugs, players not assigning to the correct position on the pitch when right clicking them to add them to the next position in the tactics screen. Occasionally when using unavailable ticked in tactics, the players do not always show up correctly on the right, untick/retick solves.

I have also had a few occasions where the social streams page just comes up blank.

Other than that it has been very stable for me.

Soldato
I hate it because it's cool & certainly not because the game is far too slow no matter what PC you play it on, the Devs lack creativity, it's just a clone of itself every year with an update on player transfers or because they've killed off the competition which has caused them to go stale.

Caporegime
I hate it because it's cool & certainly not because the game is far too slow no matter what PC you play it on, the Devs lack creativity, it's just a clone of itself every year with an update on player transfers or because they've killed off the competition which has caused them to go stale.

The game runs absolutely fine on my PC?

I'm liking the game.

Although I did struggle a bit at first.
Seen a bug where having an injured player after using 3 subs prevented the game from letting me progress the match.
The colour change makes some things impossible to see.

Samir Nasri's ban date is wrong. But he will make an excellent player for the Championship from 1st Jan 2019 lol.

Back
Top Bottom