• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
holy cow! not seen one boost this high consistent are you on water? you could now try upping the hbm slowly to 1100 or 1095 if your concerned about degradation, and see which gives your better performance.
edit: what are you using to monitor the core? are you using the radeon overlay or something else

GPU-Z and wattman at the same time.

My HBM hates anything over 1070. no way jose.

I wonder how the vega chips would fair with gddr6 moving the ram package away from the core.

Yes this is amd's own LC version, added another fan to the rad

Associate
Where is this chill setting? I've heard it mentioned around but can't seem to find it in my Radeon software?

Also tried these Wattman settings (his 1595/1100 result):
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...king-undervolting-information-guide.18793012/
And it crashed about a third of the way through Heaven...despite being lower voltage :confused:

lower the HBM speed and try again,maybe 1050 unfortunetly there are no golden 1 for all settings, you just gotta keep trying. in regards to chill, check in teh game profile itself, if its not in there add it in the top right and navigate to the games exe file.

GPU-Z and wattman at the same time.

My HBM hates anything over 1070. no way jose.

I wonder how the vega chips would fair with gddr6
that was a missread on my part, up to 1070 sorry. could be worse im stuck at 850 :) i suspect they may be bandwidth starved, could be wrong though.

Associate
Yeah cut another 50mv if is stable :)

Cut it to P6 1552 / 1000mv and P7 1632 / 1030mv HBM is at 1000 / 950mv looking better now with max wattage of about 250w.

I have noticed that my card has a terrible buzzing noise when playing games/benching only due to testing without headphones (been gaming with headphones) any idea how to get rid of this? It’s really bloody annoying.

Soldato
Cut it to P6 1552 / 1000mv and P7 1632 / 1030mv HBM is at 1000 / 950mv looking better now with max wattage of about 250w.

I have noticed that my card has a terrible buzzing noise when playing games/benching only due to testing without headphones (been gaming with headphones) any idea how to get rid of this? It’s really bloody annoying.
Guessing coil whine. Some suggest to run it for as long as possible on a stress loop (overnight if poss) to allow components to burn in.
My card had a little bit first couple of hours of use but a couple of bench tests seems to have cured if.

Associate
Ah ok thanks will give it a run through tomorrow don’t think I could bare the sound of my PC whilst whilst trying to sleep haha

Soldato
I noticed your sig shows you have a Vega 64 along with a 56 flashed to 64. Is it possible to run that in crossfire?
I am doing so every day, true there are a few games that don't support crossfire, but of the games i have i'd say 80% can use both cards, and in farcry 5 at 4k ultra with hd textures i get around 75fps.
With Elite i get 70fps on 5k with ultra everything ....

I read all the time people hating on crossfire "theres no support" "it doesnt work" "microstutter" I assume all these people have never ever seen or used it as I am having an awesome blast of a time running my games at 2080 ti speed and more for £700 total spend.

Once again, crossfire is awesome and does work.

Associate
Firestrike is a better one for Vega stability testing. Valley doesn't really go as hard.

If you can loop Superposition that would be good too. But that requires the full version...

Bought 3D mark in the steam sale so got Firestrike running windowed on loop will leave it and keep checking temps throughout the day :)

Associate
Side note, what’s an average Firestrike score for Vega? On one run I managed 19,800 ish but haven’t come close to that since and now only getting around 15k scores.

Soldato
Side note, what’s an average Firestrike score for Vega? On one run I managed 19,800 ish but haven’t come close to that since and now only getting around 15k scores.

24000-25000 graphic score is normal with even reference card if undervolted by around 100mv. (no further changes)
Some of us have posted 27000+ graphic score with watercooled cards.

Associate
24000-25000 graphic score is normal with even reference card if undervolted by around 100mv. (no further changes)
Some of us have posted 27000+ graphic score with watercooled cards.

Wow so I’m miles off! Think I’ll reset my card to stock and then try taking just 100mv off as you say.

CPU comes into the score as well doesn’t it? I’ve got a 5960X at 4ghz.

Back
Top Bottom