• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Welp i have officially given up trying to play BF5 on my Vega 64 Nitro+, regardless of what drivers i use or what settings i put into the card, it crashes, maybe its the game is just badly buggy and doesnt like Vega, or maybe my Vega has an issue? i dunno, but it plays Grim Dawn, FF14 and EQ1 via WinEQ perfectly fine without any complaints, its just BF5 it has issues with :(

Hopefully these rumored new Dec AMD drivers with this rumored auto OC / Undervolt feature will make my card actually capable of playing BF5 lol, or maybe Dice will fix BF5 so it doesnt CTD every 10mins on my card, or maybe its just my PC, who knows.

I had similar issues with DX12, Changed back to DX 11 and it's been fine for me.

Soldato
I'm looking to upgrade me gtx 1070 to a vega 64, initially the gigagyte versh, then I read about the sapphire one and I fancy trying one of those, BUT, it seems it has a 3 x 8pin config and I've only got 2 x 8pins on my psu. Can these run with just two connectors fitted? Also, how do other owners have their card connected?

Associate
I'm looking to upgrade me gtx 1070 to a vega 64, initially the gigagyte versh, then I read about the sapphire one and I fancy trying one of those, BUT, it seems it has a 3 x 8pin config and I've only got 2 x 8pins on my psu. Can these run with just two connectors fitted? Also, how do other owners have their card connected?
Only the limited edition has 3x8 pins, the normal Nitro+ has 2x8

Associate
Running a Msi Wave LC Vega 64, had it since launch day, flashed to the 8774 bios,
Got the power limit up to 50%
HBM at 1045

Running fan at 2300

Clocks all standard apart from HBM.
Sits at 63c after about an hour or so on BF5,
Very happy with performance but want to squeeze some more. Anybody running same setup care to post there settings.
Every ones I see is either water cooled or reference, or nitro.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
hey ..how much power can you push thru your hbm ? I can get to 1125@1150mv
and my fire strike score still sucks ?1972 ?
the gpu is set 1722@1050mv temps are gpu 32c hbm 38c hotspot 51 c
anyone want to lend a hand .. highest I've got is 20k but that was on air

Are you referring to the graphics score? Mine is 25521 with core clock stock at 1600ish but my hbm is clocked at 1150mhz. Both are set to 1040mv. This is my first and only time I've tested FS on this setup so literally just installed it and ran and there we go lol. I don't care about synthetic bench's anymore but your post intrigued me hahaha

After going through the top 30 I'm actually pretty happy with my gpu score lol. Mine is similar / better than a lot of the much higher clocked liquid editions. HBM clocks do work! haha

iQFZFnk.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
my best so far
rmqt61.jpg

Associate
Decided to have a play about with overclocking my 64 liquid for the first time since I got it on launch day.

Whats the deal with HBM overlcocking? I think I may have lost the silicone lottery with mine. I can run some quick benchmarks with my memory at 1050MHz but any prolonged gaming with the memory clock at even 1000MHz causes instability, especially with anything based on the unreal engine. I read somewhere that the memory voltage was infact the voltage floor of the card and not actually for the memory, is this correct? also is it a good idea to increase this from 950mV?

ON the core I'm running at -100mV on my P6 and P7 states which results in a solid 1700MHz clock speed pretty much 24/7 with a 0% power limit increase which seems pretty reasonable to me.

best firestrike graphics score I've managed so far is 25440 at ~1700Mhz/1050MHz

Associate
Going to have to look at a new motherboard if I want to use Crossfire Vega 64.

The motherboard I am using at the moment is the Biostar x370gt5. The PCI specs on it don't look up to the task. (I got that motherboard specifically as I wanted to use an old Auzentech sound card of mine from years ago which needs old PCI slot - I actually don't use it anymore)

1 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slot(x16 for Ryzen CPU only, NPU/APU run at x8 speed)
1 x PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot(x4)(share bandwidth w/ PCI-E x1 slot, when PCI-E x1 is occupied, PCI-E x16(x4) will run at x1 speed)
2 x PCI-E 2.0 x1 Slot
2 x PCI Slot

Associate
Can't get my HBM past 1020mhz.. did I just get a crappy card?

Decided to have a play about with overclocking my 64 liquid for the first time since I got it on launch day.

Whats the deal with HBM overlcocking? I think I may have lost the silicone lottery with mine. I can run some quick benchmarks with my memory at 1050MHz but any prolonged gaming with the memory clock at even 1000MHz causes instability, especially with anything based on the unreal engine. I read somewhere that the memory voltage was infact the voltage floor of the card and not actually for the memory, is this correct? also is it a good idea to increase this from 950mV?

ON the core I'm running at -100mV on my P6 and P7 states which results in a solid 1700MHz clock speed pretty much 24/7 with a 0% power limit increase which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Try bumping mv on p3 hbm as well. I match mine with my core mv. Doesn't hurt to give er hell :) Most likely though, might just be the silicon lottery :(

Associate
Right i had a play with my Nitro+ this morning trying to get a stable undervolt and OC on it and well quite frankly im having issues lol...

I think my HBM might not be that great silicon, if i run it at 1100 and 1000mv it wont complete firestrike at all, even putting it at 1050mv and its still not having it, whats the safe mv for HBM? ive seen most can run 1100 @1000mv so im a bit disappointed mine seems to not be capable of this :(

Figured i would leave the Core stuff at stock while i dial the HBM in and then work on that after, but after reading most people say OC'ing the core is pointless on these, i may just set P6 to 1542 @1000mv and P7 to 1652 @1100mv, does that sound about right?

My plan is to just set the thing to stock tonight, then work on dialling in the HBM and getting it firestrike stable, then once that is done, probably just put settings above into the Core, make sure its stable and leave it at that. Thoughts?

Caporegime
Right i had a play with my Nitro+ this morning trying to get a stable undervolt and OC on it and well quite frankly im having issues lol...

I think my HBM might not be that great silicon, if i run it at 1100 and 1000mv it wont complete firestrike at all, even putting it at 1050mv and its still not having it, whats the safe mv for HBM? ive seen most can run 1100 @1000mv so im a bit disappointed mine seems to not be capable of this :(

Figured i would leave the Core stuff at stock while i dial the HBM in and then work on that after, but after reading most people say OC'ing the core is pointless on these, i may just set P6 to 1542 @1000mv and P7 to 1652 @1100mv, does that sound about right?

My plan is to just set the thing to stock tonight, then work on dialling in the HBM and getting it firestrike stable, then once that is done, probably just put settings above into the Core, make sure its stable and leave it at that. Thoughts?

You might need to increase the P7 core voltage to make it stable. Try 1250mv on the core, and if it passes, you can start dialing it down.

Associate
You might need to increase the P7 core voltage to make it stable. Try 1250mv on the core, and if it passes, you can start dialing it down.

So set HBM to 1100 @1000mv but set P7 to 1250mv, bench firestrike and if stable start reducing P7 from 1250mv downwards etc? i have absolutely zero experience overclocking Vega or with Wattman lol

Soldato

Yes. You need to raise the floor voltage (the power indicator under the HBM) to 1000mv to overclock HBM.

Back
Top Bottom