• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
@GoogalyMoogaly I hope you have not updated because your flat out gaming and too busy to repost? :)
I have now fitted both the PSU (which I ran with old GPU for a week just to make sure it didn't cause any issues) and now the Vega 56 Pulse.
I'm still getting exactly the same error, can't even get through 1 run of Heaven without the driver crashing. It even did it on the Windows 10 Start Menu.
:(

Associate
I have now fitted both the PSU (which I ran with old GPU for a week just to make sure it didn't cause any issues) and now the Vega 56 Pulse.
I'm still getting exactly the same error, can't even get through 1 run of Heaven without the driver crashing. It even did it on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

Same ap to me! :( i will format my computer and install all fresh and see!

Associate
Sounds like a dud card mate, RMA it If it's not stable after a PSU swap

Soldato
Hi all, finally got the dispatch notification for my Sapphire Vega 56 so I'm thinking fresh O/S install right off the bat!

I've read various suggestions stating that you should "undervolt" the GPU - rather than me having to read through the last 35 pages, can anyone point me towards an "idiots guide" to doing this??

Thanks muchly!

Associate
Associate
Quite a few people seem to have had problems with their vega 56 pulse cards - or is it just that there are a lot of new owners and mainly the people with problems are posting?
What's the general opinion of the Sapphire Pulse 56's?

Soldato
Quite a few people seem to have had problems with their vega 56 pulse cards - or is it just that there are a lot of new owners and mainly the people with problems are posting?
What's the general opinion of the Sapphire Pulse 56's?

Plugged mine in with two separate power cables to the PSU, Used DDU to remove old drivers and installed latest driver (Not the optional one). It has worked fine with no problems at all apart from when I got over keen on overclocking the memory on it but that is to be expected. BF V and other games are completely fine with no crashes, artefacts or any problems I have noticed.

Soldato
Waiting to see how @GoogalyMoogaly got on as Im not sure what his issue could be.
I think it's looking like an RMA.
System working "fine" with Fury X in, with and without new PSU. But the Vega 56 just isn't playing ball with either PSU.
I'm hoping it's a faulty card as I've no idea what else it could be.

Note: I say "fine" because it's a PC running Windows 10, weird **** could start happening at any moment!

Associate
Plugged mine in with two separate power cables to the PSU, Used DDU to remove old drivers and installed latest driver (Not the optional one). It has worked fine with no problems at all apart from when I got over keen on overclocking the memory on it but that is to be expected. BF V and other games are completely fine with no crashes, artefacts or any problems I have noticed.
Can I ask what memory overclock do you have running on it - 925, 945?
What are the fans like on it with the card undervolted and the memory overclocked - do you hear them spin up?
Thanks for your reply :)

Soldato
Can I ask what memory overclock do you have running on it - 925, 945?
What are the fans like on it with the card undervolted and the memory overclocked - do you hear them spin up?
Thanks for your reply :)

It was over 900 I think about 925. The max temp I was getting was 70c but the average below this and the fans did not seem too loud to me but I have quite a few case fans anyway so my machine is not quiet in the first place. Also I game with a headset on so when it really spins up I wouldn’t notice.

Associate
I think it's looking like an RMA.
System working "fine" with Fury X in, with and without new PSU. But the Vega 56 just isn't playing ball with either PSU.
I'm hoping it's a faulty card as I've no idea what else it could be.

Note: I say "fine" because it's a PC running Windows 10, weird **** could start happening at any moment!

@GoogalyMoogaly Are you using two separate cables for your two 8 pins? I would say this is necessary (for vega 56) as I was having stability problems before I used a second separate 8pin cable for my gpu using a 650watt G2 EVGA (As opposed to daisy chaining off the same cable)

Soldato
Well my new Vega 56 has landed today and I decided to do a full reinstall of Windows, which for the most part has gone just fine.....except that when I switch to 144hz I get an occasional screen flicker!?!?

I've been running with my old GTX970 for a couple of weeks on 144hz without issue so I can only assume it's an issue with the GPU (??) - if I switch back to 60hz the flickering goes away!

I'm running the latest AMD drivers (18.12.2)

Anyone got any ideas??

*edit* if I turn off "Adaptive Sync" in the monitor settings the problem doesn't go away! (presumably this is "FreeSync"? - if it's not turned on then the Radeon settings control panel tells me that FreeSync is not supported!)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks! I eventually sussed this out but I'm having issues with flickering when running at anything other than 60hz per my thread here :(
Sorry to ask, and you probably have done this already, have you set windows Display monitor settings to the correct resolution and Hertz?

Right click Destop
Display settings
Select the monitor
Advanced display settings
Display Adaptor properties for display
List All Modes
Scroll and select correct resolution and hz

Try that
Also, try the same resolution but with 120hz?
the flickering might be caused because of the 144hz - sounds silly but I have seen a few post with that issue.

Back
Top Bottom