• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate

No hard feelings mate, but where's the source for this info? This chart is also missing the 2nd Ryzen 9 3850X that was on the alleged 'leak' from AdoredTV.

I will be sceptical on all these leaks until we get something official from AMD themselves. I'm especially having a hard time believing that high-core count Zen 2's can turbo up to 5.0Ghz when the lower core count models can't. Just look at the 2000 series, even the 2300x manages to turbo to 4.2Ghz, just 100Mhz away from the 4.3Ghz of the 2700x.

However, in the event that the table is the real deal, those are some nice specs. The clockspeeds are still throwing me off though, as to which ones are best for gaming (since obviously the Ryzen 9 will be best for productivity).

Associate
10%+ is rumoured, plus the ~20% clock bump and the 100% core bump = :cool:

Christ that is tempting. Ill wait a few months after release this time round. I bought a 1700 on release day but could not get a hold of a x370 board. Ended up with a b350 and felt inferior ever since. . .

Soldato
No hard feelings mate, but where's the source for this info? This chart is also missing the 2nd Ryzen 9 3850X that was on the alleged 'leak' from AdoredTV.

I will be sceptical on all these leaks until we get something official from AMD themselves. I'm especially having a hard time believing that high-core count Zen 2's can turbo up to 5.0Ghz when the lower core count models can't. Just look at the 2000 series, even the 2300x manages to turbo to 4.2Ghz, just 100Mhz away from the 4.3Ghz of the 2700x.

However, in the event that the table is the real deal, those are some nice specs. The clockspeeds are still throwing me off though, as to which ones are best for gaming (since obviously the Ryzen 9 will be best for productivity).

This is Adoredtv's origional leak, as you can see it covers the 3850X.

Ryzen-3000-Specs-Leak.png

Man of Honour
all i know is the 3700x looks tasty...and if it lives up to its rumours, that'll be the replacement for my 3770k :D
#fingerscrossed

Soldato
I'm especially having a hard time believing that high-core count Zen 2's can turbo up to 5.0Ghz when the lower core count models can't. Just look at the 2000 series, even the 2300x manages to turbo to 4.2Ghz, just 100Mhz away from the 4.3Ghz of the 2700x.

Why are you having a hard time believing it? It's all down to binning. The lower core counts are going to be from defective dies. Also, the monster chips that boost to 5GHz will be from the better-binned dies. This is how it's always worked.

Also bear in mind it's not all about "can't boost" it'll also be "won't boost". Even AMD have to do market segmentation and gimp some things accordingly, they are a business after all.

But also consider that your point about boost clocks is also not the case. Look at the boost clocks for the entire table above again, there's really only 300Mhz from the lowest to highest, if you exclude the extremes (the 3300 is likely to be really bad silicon and the 3850X will be super golden halo silicon) and the APUs; there's only 100Mhz difference between the 3700 and 3800X, there's only 100Mhz between the 3300X and 3600, the 3600X boosts higher than both the 3700 and 3800X.

Soldato
3600X for me, 8 cores @ 4.8ghz at, I don't know, £250? doesn't seem right to Me though.

When the original Ryzen came out similar things were being said about the 6 core and 8 core parts and their leaked costs. They actually turned out to be pretty accurate.

We are just used to being drip fed the most basic of upgrades from Intel for the last 8 years or so and while I am not 100% sure myself that these prices and specs are accurate, I see no reason they couldn't be.

Permabanned
When the original Ryzen came out similar things were being said about the 6 core and 8 core parts and their leaked costs. They actually turned out to be pretty accurate.

We are just used to being drip fed the most basic of upgrades from Intel for the last 8 years or so and while I am not 100% sure myself that these prices and specs are accurate, I see no reason they couldn't be.

intel will have extremely bad times ahead trying to compete at that $99 price level.

Back
Top Bottom