Caffeine Detox Time

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Haha! Cafe Nero has the best coffee out of the three big ones anyway...

Fresh ground hipster coffee crew checking in

Nero is good.

That wasn't just caffeine in that stuff though was it haha

Yes it had an amphetamine like substance in it called DMAA. It was later banned, but @Syla5 had an old expired tub that @Steedie decided to have a serving from... RIP

Not responding. Have detoxed for short amount of times before and felt no more effect from coffee afterwards. Energy drinks/pre-workouts do give me some kind of a boost but maybe that's the combo of other chemicals with the caffeine?

Sorry sounds like your a broken. I would try a reinstall.

Christ, I was in a dark place that day we had the gone off Jack3d at the meet. Who’s was it? @Syla5?

Yes, I bet he still has the tub.

Soldato
Nero is good.
Out of all the dire chains Nero is the worst. Totally over-strong burnt taste, reminds me of desperate times whenever being at someone's house where instant is the only option; and trying to make up for it with 3 teaspoons. Yuck. Avoid at all cost.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Out of all the dire chains Nero is the worst. Totally over-strong burnt taste, reminds me of desperate times whenever being at someone's house where instant is the only option; and trying to make up for it with 3 teaspoons. Yuck. Avoid at all cost.

Of course it depends on the barista.

Man of Honour
Best coffee I've had in a chain was from some place in Aylesbury I went to with @BennyC, began with H but can't remember the name. Was pricier than your normal coffee if I recall. Aside from that place, coffee from a chain cafe will always taste burnt to me

Soldato
Of course it depends on the barista.
And it depends on the quality of the beans they buy, and the way they roast them as well. They pride themselves on the italian roast, which to me just means over-roasted, dark & oily, and bitter. I'm sure a lot of the coffee snobs on here will agree.

Soldato
And it depends on the quality of the beans they buy, and the way they roast them as well. They pride themselves on the italian roast, which to me just means over-roasted, dark & oily, and bitter. I'm sure a lot of the coffee snobs on here will agree.
If only personal taste was a thing, it would make the world a far more interesting place!

Soldato
I am in no way a coffee snob but I had a coffee in a Nero this week and it was absolutely rank.

Soldato
quite partial to Tim Hortons out and about, but frightening the amount of coffee i put away a day when in the office.

normally in the office before 5am and about 5/6 cups in before 9.
some might suggest that its the only reason that several of y drivers are still alive at this point :)

Man of Honour
It does make me laugh when I'm in the office and there's guys basically mainlining freshly ground coffees all day long at a rate of a cup every half hour or so and then they look at me like I'll die for drinking a single can of Monster(other energy drinks are available) once in a blue moon.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I used to drink a lot of coffee, used to get freshly roasted beans and did it properly, after about 2 years of doing this i started sufferring with bowel issues, anytime i'd drink coffee Id have an explosive even in the bathroom. Initially I thought it i'd developed a food allergy such as dairy or wheat etc. It was only when i went away on holiday and didnt have any coffee and the penny dropped. Even if I have decaff it goes straight through. So not sure what in coffee causes it. Im yorkshire tea man nowadays.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
This morning the struggle is real. I’m very tired again even after sleeping 11-8.30. I suspect my body isn’t used to pumping cortisol naturally first thing without caffiene. Off to London today so the coffee temptation will be strong.

I’ve been reading this morning that the optimal time for caffiene is after 10am. That way it doesn’t interfere with your body’s natural ability to wake up with cortisol.

Soldato
I went coke turkey for 4 months at the beginning of 2018 and it was amazing how tired I was all of the time.

I'm not a massive coffee drinker but usually have about 5 cups of tea per day so I may not have been as reliant on caffeine as some. I have to say, I didn't feel any better for cutting it out, even 4 months on. I feel much better for a morning cuppa.

Back
Top Bottom