• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Soldato
So let me interject with a positive question to all and @overclockers
When is the projected or "usual" pre order date when things like this get announced ?
On sale on the 7th February right?

And another question, what do you guys think is the chances of this VII having a similar enough PCB that my current vega reference water block will just fit it?

Water block fitting? Probably no chance. Afaik AMD will sell these directly, which makes sense - the margins are too low on the product. At best maybe AIBs get some to re-sell too & then you depend on them for CS/RMA (what happened with Fury X).

Soldato
The only 1 picture i found of the instincts PCB looks identical to a vega reference, I guess there is now way of knowing unless someone that gets a review one cares about looking into that.

@Gibbo I want to pre order one , do you have a date?

No the v7 pcb is quite different to vega, there are a line of inductors nearest the i/o plate, extra mosfets for the memory.
And the die has 4 stacks of hbm around it.

Associate
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp...cls6jliLIOIa4-qDpYv4veiJ25W1A6EMYueM9MIap3PhA

AMD's CTO, Mark Papermaster, also confirmed to The Street that there would be new GPU launches throughout 2019, saying that "you'll see the announcements over the course of the year as we round out our Radeon roadmap", suggesting that Radeon will release more 7nm graphics cards this year. At this time it is unknown whether or not these graphics cards will be based on AMD's Navi architecture.

Soldato
I just see this card as them having to get something out to show they can be competitive. It is an Instinct MI50 by any other name, just not headless. I am still surprised by the price tag tbh.

bru

bru

Soldato
Well if the rumour that it cost $750 to produce is anywhere near right then the $699 price kinda makes some sense.

Associate
Radeon VII is 28% on average faster than the Vega 64.

I just want to know which edition they compare Vega 64 with VII, air or Liquid Edition?

If the 29% is compared with Vega 64 LC, it is very good result.

Permabanned
Radeon VII is 28% on average faster than the Vega 64.

I just want to know which edition they compare Vega 64 with VII, air or Liquid Edition?

If the 29% is compared with Vega 64 LC, it is very good result.

This result would put it equal to GTX 1080Ti and still some 10ish% behind RTX 2080.

Soldato
Got me a Switch, to many exclusives to miss on. Though there have not been that many must play games for me thus far as I expected. Nintendo take ages to release games these days.

For me it is games like Resident Evil 2 or Deus Ex which cannot wait. The rest usually I can wait.

My switch will earn its money with:

BOW
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Super Smash Bros

Those are kind of enough for me in itself as all those games are kind of best-in-class games which other companies just can't offer a comparable experience for.

Soldato

BOW
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Super Smash Bros

Those are kind of enough for me in itself as all those games are kind of best-in-class games which other companies just can't offer a comparable experience for.

We had an absolute blast with 4 player Mario Party over the festive period, not since the Gamecube have I had as much fun with a Nintendo.

Associate
Yessssss I really want lots of these they will be so utterly amazingly fantstic for deep learning :O

I am building a threadripper with 4 x VII's soon as I can o.o

Man of Honour
The only 1 picture i found of the instincts PCB looks identical to a vega reference, I guess there is now way of knowing unless someone that gets a review one cares about looking into that.

@Gibbo I want to pre order one , do you have a date?

You in as well? Don't even know why I want one but I am going to buy one. Dunno if I will bite at launch yet but I am fairly sure ill pick one up in the next few months.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

BOW
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Super Smash Bros

Loved BOW and Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade did no do anything for me. Super Smash Bros I have yet to get.

Want to see a new Mario Kart and another Zelda which are built directly for the switch!

At the rate games are coming I would day I will get my moneys worth by the end of the Switch product life cycle. Back in the GameCube and Wii days there just seemed like a lot more 1st party nintendo games coming out.

Soldato
Loved BOW and Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade did no do anything for me. Super Smash Bros I have yet to get.

Want to see a new Mario Kart and another Zelda which are built directly for the switch!

At the rate games are coming I would day I will get my moneys worth by the end of the Switch product life cycle. Back in the GameCube and Wii days there just seemed like a lot more 1st party nintendo games coming out.

I loved XC2!

Wasn't too fond of it to begin with but the story and the soundtrack really really grabbed me. I just loved the villains. Sadly it was very very.. flawed. Like it was rough. I feel it could have done with another year in development to optimise its graphics in portable mode and just fix a lot of general QOL issues.

Yeah a new Zelda would be AMAZING. Similarly another MK could be exciting although in all honesty I'm very happy with MK8 and double items. I'd pay just for a DLC with 14 new tracks + 8 new drivers or something + maybe the option for a third item and item switching if its less effort for them so they can concentrate on other games. I'm surprised they're not pushing MK8 DLC tbh so they probably are developing something.

Yes, you're so right. I like the portability of the switch although I'm struggling to convince myself to buy the third party ones.

Back
Top Bottom