PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
You are mixing up replies to different issues tbh kwango....

The sound is fine *if you put the time in to make the sound fine* how many times does that need repeating?
People complain about loot *but they go to the wrong places for loot* ^^
People complain about De-sync *but they are playing on a mobile connection* ^^ (desync issues for other reasons were mainly solved back in november)
People complain about maps but they don't want to play to the maps strengths, just complain about their weaknesses, without fully exploring what strength the map might have, often because they dont actually play a lot.
People complain about performance but have not looked into what might be wrong with their set up.

Basically people complain without putting much energy into solving their own problems.

I'm hardily getting any of the issues that people talk about...and I play a lot... and make sure to solve a problem if there is one, and I'm on what is turning into ancient hardware so it just boggles me as to why folk with better hardware are having a worse experience... and I can only put 90% of it down to folk being lazy and not putting much effort into solving their own problems, instead of complaining.

Soldato
The sound is fine *if you put the time in to make the sound fine* how many times does that need repeating?
the sound isn't fine. if the sound was fine you wouldn't need to put time into making it fine. a bit of tweaking is normal but having to work to make the sound fine? behave, that's not acceptable. what about the people who have played without issue for 99% of the time then randomly someone is able to walk up behind them or into the building they are in. this still happens even on people who have taken their time to set the sound up
People complain about loot *but they go to the wrong places for loot* ^^
the wrong places for randomised loot - do you hear yourself, honestly? my personal complaint re loot is the time it can take to randomly spawn in at the start of the game - or are there magic fixes for that too that i have missed (asked as a joke, not meant in an aholey type way)
People complain about De-sync *but they are playing on a mobile connection* ^^ (desync issues for other reasons were mainly solved back in november)
you just can't say that mate, seriously. there are plenty of people playing on decent connections still getting desync. that's old and lazy just blaming the user

People complain about maps but they don't want to play to the maps strengths, just complain about their weaknesses, without fully exploring what strength the map might have, often because they dont actually play a lot.
fair point.

People complain about performance but have not looked into what might be wrong with their set up.
again you can't just blame the users for this. the optimisation still needs worked on. there are far too many people reporting issues for it just to be down to a few moaners on crap internet with crap pc's who aren't prepared to make an effort to make the game work properly.
you're blind mate if you think that is the case and that pubg's issues have been fixed.

I'm hardily getting any of the issues that people talk about...and I play a lot... and make sure to solve a problem if there is one, and I'm on what is turning into ancient hardware so it just boggles me as to why folk with better hardware are having a worse experience... and I can only put 90% of it down to folk being lazy and not putting much effort into solving their own problems, instead of complaining.
i don't get very many issues - most games run perfectly fine for me. but i play with a mixed bunch, some with top end systems on top whack internet, others on normal systems others on slightly older systems - most over time have experienced the same bugs with varying levels of regularity.

what's lazy is this hiding behind the 'user's at fault' pish - the game has flaws and bugs and some relatively serious ones (albeit a tad random with them). maybe if we as a player base stopped playing who's got the biggest rod on for the game and actually pointed the finger of blame at those responsible then something would get done - but i know that is never going to happen.

i really can't believe some people are happy to point the finger at the users for not 'setting the game up properly'. even the diehards in the COD and Battlefield threads aren't so rabidly fanatic!!

Associate
To be fair, it's not necessarily the games fault for having sound issues, hardware plays a big part too, as well as user settings on top of that.

To put this into perspective, I put a new installation of windows on an ssd just a couple of weeks ago.
Installed the bare minimum to test pubg and some streaming(obs) issues I was getting.
PUBG installed in Steam
Windows 10 installed, everything default.
Plugged the same headset into my PC via audio jack.

Zero sound issues, I could hear the same as every other game I play regularly on my other Windows install.
The ONLY sound issue I've seen is on the test server, with the new gun and that's a totally different story.

I go to my mates house, I put his headphones on, with all default Windows settings - can barely hear a thing. The volume doesn't go anywhere near as loud as what my headphones go and with his being such an average volume overall, makes me think the sound is bad in the game. In this case, it's the hardware, not the game. Also, don't forget... not many games have sounds that are as vital to your life, as pubg does. Hearing the footsteps of someone 10 meters away has a different sound to someone 30 meters away, perhaps some audio hardware doesn't have the quality to produce the right level of sound to emulate the distance as well.

One other thing to add, the noises players make are specific. I tend to bunny hop when I get close to a target, it makes barely any sound and the amount of time i'm in the air, I listen out for where the opponent is.
Footstep sounds, crouch walking, slow-crouch-walking all make sounds, even proned people make sounds - WackyJacky made a video about it too.

I'm pretty sure the bugs left in the game, probably don't affect 90% of the games you play and probably don't play a large factor into how you died.

Just my 2p

Soldato

You can tap move without making a single sound if you are patient enough, dont get that confused with sound being borked, when someone is suddenly behind/near you.

Yes, there are places (and loot runs) that will net you loot faster than other places, regardless of loot being randomised... how many times does this need saying, arrrrrrrg!

Okay sometimes loot takes a second to load in, but some folk dont just wait a second then grab the loot...they run off to another building or room or what ever and then complain that someone got a gun faster than them...all they had to do was wait a second. One of my teammates still does this and gets killed instead of waiting for a blooming second.

Desync is going to be in every blooming internet game, its inherent to the system! It can only be minimised somewhat... a lot of which you can do yourself... is anyone else using the internet at home, are you on a wired connection, do you have any programs open using it? Have you killed windows 10 unathorised use of your bandwith... etc.

I don't think that all issues have been fixed, but I've seen tonnes of improvements since the game has been out... so much so I give them a thumbs up! Carry on the good work please.

Sigh, idk, I'm a fixer... someone says to me there is a problem with this that or the other and 9 times out of 10 it is fixable by putting time in to fix it and then, no more problems. Maybe it's because I used to play a lot of point and click adventure games as a young un eh?

I get what you are saying about blue hole having some responsibility for fixing everything for everyone without any user having to do anything for themselves... but again... I think a lot of those problems also lie elsewhere too.

Last edited:
Associate
In a decade of playing Battlefield games, a decade of playing counterstrike et al, I've never had "de-sync". At least nowhere near the extent of PUBG.

The same exact 4G LTE connection I use for PUBG with zero packet loss and 105 ping to European servers is the SAME connection I use for BFV and it works FINE in BFV.

And not to toot my own horn, but I literally have a record breaking PC gaming system (as I've had for 15 years) and the game still has stutter issues (especially when playing at resolutions over 1080p), even after the game/drivers/PC has been tweaked to hell and back.

PUBG is very far from being a highly polished game and has core flaws. Yes, some of them may be related to the UE4 engine but it doesn't remove the fact that the issues are there.

I can play BFV graphics maxed out on Ultra (besides RTX) at 120+ FPS at 4K resolution with my RTX Titan and not a single... stutter... ever. With graphics that blow PUBG's out of the freaking water.

Last edited:
Associate
I have an average PC [email protected] GTX 1070Ti playing at 1440p. A lot of the de-sync is nothing to do with your own connection, but rather the other players' connection. My ping on European servers varies from 6 to 25 with rare packet loss. I get a healthy 120fps+ from my system which is overkill for my lowly 60fps Dell monitor. But I get by. I even win at solo squads from time to time. Which for a 56-year-old isn't too bad.

Associate
ROFL just got banned for "unusual game-play patterns". These incompetent fools. Hilarious that it happened the very first game I decided to start playing with Shadowplay recording, so I have all my "leet haxors" recorded.

Man of Honour
Nothing to worry about, should be a one day ban whilst someone at PUBG looks at your account. Just means some salty guys reported you, take it as a compliment :D

I had it a while ago.

Caporegime
the best win 10 build for pubg no sound issues 1803 . as said and as above you can see people actually notice this some dont and just blame the game when its a windows issue and people not setting their pc up right .

sound is fine the only issue is the more than 4 sounds issue. the rest if you cant hear people is either windows related or your pc set up. or what you listening through.

Soldato
i appreciate that hardware can also play a part and i also appreciate that the game has improved - but that's not really my issue. what i'm arguing against is the almost circle jerk of responses that appear as soon as someone posts a negative about the game......the usual ....'it's your **** pc, it's your **** internet, you haven't played enough hours' - i don't doubt many issues faced by players are partly their own fault but not all of them and not all of them can be magically fixed or mitigated.

Caporegime
thats understandable but as highlighted with people saying the sound is screwed. it mainly isnt. the game is mainly fine plays less bug free than many AAA games yet because its so popular it gets so much hate. just like cod does.

not all of the issues obviously are not made up but its worth trying the fixes or looking at fixing the issue first rather than saying " its broken " every two seconds.

to understand how i know the sound is okay i probably tried pubg on over a 100 different win 10 installs in the last 6 months. on various machines. the sound differences from each update can be massive. i honestly think thats many peoples issue when having sound issues. or one of the main ones. that and surround settings.

Soldato
You can tap move without making a single sound if you are patient enough, dont get that confused with sound being borked, when someone is suddenly behind/near you.
i'm well aware of how to move in the game. but that doesn't explain how people can move into your building totally silently....that doesn't explain how when i was tap moving and making no sound a guy is waiting round the corner with his gun pointed at my face - when i watch the death cam he hears every sound i'm making as if i was running like a rhino and yet the last 10 times i did the exact same things no one was able to hear me.

you can spin it all you want, the sound is broken in the game - or at least has the potential be to broken.

Yes, there are places (and loot runs) that will net you loot faster than other places, regardless of loot being randomised... how many times does this need saying, arrrrrrrg!
why arrrrrrrg, what are you getting frustrated about - i never said anything to counter you're argument. i'll point out though that your missing the word 'usually' from your statement. my comment in relation to loot was regarding your silly statement that people were going to the 'wrong locations' for loot.

Okay sometimes loot takes a second to load in, but some folk dont just wait a second then grab the loot...they run off to another building or room or what ever and then complain that someone got a gun faster than them...all they had to do was wait a second. One of my teammates still does this and gets killed instead of waiting for a blooming second.
a second, no sorry not a second. what an utterly stupid thing to say....wait a second to see what spawns. what if **** all spawns? what if a lvl1 bag spawns? what if 5 bandages spawn? i've landed on roof of apartments to see nowt but a bag and an attachment on it so i've ran down to the next floor in search of a gun only to discover the other guy that landed behind me has magically found a gun that wasn't there 10 seconds ago (not 1 second) - that alone has the potential to be a game breaking bug. and if the game wasn't so addictive would probably have killed it off by now.

Desync is going to be in every blooming internet game, its inherent to the system! It can only be minimised somewhat... a lot of which you can do yourself... is anyone else using the internet at home, are you on a wired connection, do you have any programs open using it? Have you killed windows 10 unathorised use of your bandwith... etc.
there we go again - blame everything but the game. 'a lot of which you can do yourself' seriously man - you got shares in bluehole or something?

Sigh, idk, I'm a fixer... someone says to me there is a problem with this that or the other and 9 times out of 10 it is fixable by putting time in to fix it and then, no more problems. Maybe it's because I used to play a lot of point and click adventure games as a young un eh?
it's not 1988, you're not trying to get a floppy disc game working. you're romanticising the situation to justify the issues with pubg. that's bonkers you're prepared to go to that length to defend the game.
I get what you are saying about blue hole having some responsibility for fixing everything for everyone without any user having to do anything for themselves... but again... I think a lot of those problems also lie elsewhere too.
no they don't - the desync, the sound, the myriad of other problems (albeit some are relatively insignificant) primarily are issues bluehole should be addressing. not you or me. but they never will while they have a player base masturbating furiously in little groups while howling out that the games issues are caused my nub users!!

Associate
i appreciate that hardware can also play a part and i also appreciate that the game has improved - but that's not really my issue. what i'm arguing against is the almost circle jerk of responses that appear as soon as someone posts a negative about the game......the usual ....'it's your **** pc, it's your **** internet, you haven't played enough hours' - i don't doubt many issues faced by players are partly their own fault but not all of them and not all of them can be magically fixed or mitigated.

I think you'll find most people who play the game religiously, are emotionally invested to it, so they'll defend it under the majority of circumstances. I myself, try to defend it when there's reasonable doubt that the conversation is around something that I know isn't specifically the games fault. The other reason I defend it, is because I want the game to last... and the more unwarranted hate people give it, will help its demise.

I think we all know the game has troubles, some major ones that if fixed, would help the game... but if they were easy things to fix, bluehole would have done it by now, I know this from my IT/coding background. For me though, as long as 9/10 games I play don't have bugs, I'm good - which is where it's at for me...

Back
Top Bottom