Xbox One X

Soldato
So my second replacement Xbox one X is now apparently out of warranty and they want £189 to fix it. The Blu-ray has died, not the end of the world but I'd like to get it working. Anyone know of any places to get spares? A few Chinese vendors on the bay is all I can find.

Soldato
So my second replacement Xbox one X is now apparently out of warranty and they want £189 to fix it. The Blu-ray has died, not the end of the world but I'd like to get it working. Anyone know of any places to get spares? A few Chinese vendors on the bay is all I can find.
think the drive is paired with the motherboard so you have to replace both.

Associate
Has anyone noticed their console noise levels increase over time? My day one scorpio edition sounds so loud when gaming now, louder than my PS4 Pro used to be when under load, it used to be whisper quiet when first purchased, and it seems to be red hot, all the talk about the Hovis method I could probably toast bread on it now :D

Soldato
Both my previous PS4 did I opened up my slim not long ago and found lots of dust inside , blasted it with compressed air and gave it a clean seemed to work wonders.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it would seem my Scorpio is on its way out again for about the 5th time. When I boot it up the screen is completely blank.

See the other thread, they're all doing it, appears to be a server-side change MS have done as there hasn't been a software update that I could see when mine briefly let me access the settings.

Soldato
How annoying, I’ve just wiped mine thinking it was failing! I should have checked live service status first but the black screen and partial controller input made it look like a local problem.

Caporegime
I had this when my unit was breaking.

You can navigate your games if you just want to play by pressing the guide button which then brings up the side bar to show recent games, and you can then click those to play your games or press games and apps to choose something else

Caporegime
Anyone recommend any good Xbox one elite controller bumper replacement kits??

Mine has broken off completely, seems it’s an inherent issue and rather than forking out another £100 if I can fix, I’d rather do that.

I’ve seen a few on amazon but reviews aren’t great. Ebay same as well but wanted to know if anyone has done it and which kit they used??

Cheers

Soldato
Is there an ideal time to renew live gold membership.

Mine expires in about 2 weeks, thinking the longer I leave it, an offer might pop up on the dash. What's your experience of this?

Permabanned
Anyone noticed any deals around for Xbox One X, they seem quite expensive at the moment, sure they were a bit cheaper before christmas? :)

Son has saved his pocket/birthday/christmas money for a year and I said I would help towards one, going to need to buy one soon. :p

Soldato
just watching the #insidexbox stream.

Crackdown 3 intro now playing, can't believe its actually out in just over a week.

EDIT:

Gamepass 7/2/19
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Batman: Return to Arkham
Walking Dead S1

Last edited:
Associate
just watching the #insidexbox stream.

Crackdown 3 intro now playing, can't believe its actually out in just over a week.

EDIT:

Gamepass 7/2/19
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Batman: Return to Arkham
Walking Dead S1

Damn, got return to arkham on the PS4 as it was on offer around a week ago, now it is free on xbox game pass. Should have waited.......

Back
Top Bottom