Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
I pay my Barclaycard with my Starling card every month. Start date is the end date minus 3 years.

Also Pay-at-Pump can be quite hit and miss with Starling. It is about how they take the payment, a pre-auth of 1p or something. Was massive threads on the community page before it was taken down. They insisted they were handling it the way defined by Mastercard and the merchant was not hence the issue. I have had to go to kiosk a number of times because of this but I have not tried recently just because I got used to going into the kiosk

Soldato
I'm a revolut user and have been happy so far, but their outage recently ****** me right off. Now they have released their promised benefit for premium and metal card holders of airport lounge access... where you can BUY access to lounges? Base is 27 euros per person. WTF is that about? I'm so ****** off. I don't want the feature really, it's a meh, nice to have whatever, but don't dress something up as a benefit to paying customers that you then have to pay more for! That's some shocking behaviour.

Soldato
I pay my Barclaycard with my Starling card every month. Start date is the end date minus 3 years.

Also Pay-at-Pump can be quite hit and miss with Starling. It is about how they take the payment, a pre-auth of 1p or something. Was massive threads on the community page before it was taken down. They insisted they were handling it the way defined by Mastercard and the merchant was not hence the issue. I have had to go to kiosk a number of times because of this but I have not tried recently just because I got used to going into the kiosk

I often pay at the pump haven't noticed any issues at Asda or Morrissons, those are the only two places I generally fill up though, fingers crossed it is something they have ironed out.

Soldato

Thanks I'll give the start date a go.

Noticed with sainsbury pumps the payment alert shows £1 until about 24 hours later when it's updated.

Soldato
I often pay at the pump haven't noticed any issues at Asda or Morrissons, those are the only two places I generally fill up though, fingers crossed it is something they have ironed out.
I think it was Tesco and Sainsburys mostly, if memory serves. As you say though, hopefully it's just been fixed now, this was a good 6 months ago.

Soldato
I get two things with monzo at the same station, pay at pump -;

£1 taken with rest taken later(24hrs or so)
card declined - have to go and pay at the cashier.

Soldato
Your original note wasn't clear if €27 was more or less than the normal price, just that it wasn't free.

If your reward is that you do indeed get access to something that you can find cheaper directly elsewhere then yes, that's pretty poor. But nobody's forcing you to use the Lithuanian-based UK regulation bypassing Revolut. Vote with your feet.

Commissario
I seem to remember it was originally advertised as free access before it went live. I'm not using my Revolut Metal membership anywhere near enough as I should be, so will probably give up with it.

Associate
Anyone used N26, or is there not much point when you can go for a UK bank such as Starling?
I've just signed up for N26, mainly to have a backup for Starling and I did like the transparent card :p

Received my card yesterday and tried transferring some money across and annoyingly it seemed to take 24 hours.

Soldato
If your reward is that you do indeed get access to something that you can find cheaper directly elsewhere then yes, that's pretty poor. But nobody's forcing you to use the Lithuanian-based UK regulation bypassing Revolut. Vote with your feet.

This is a thread about these companies, I am talking about one of them. Why are you even in here other than to be a total smellfungus?

Caporegime
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Revolut are shady as **** and you'd be nuts to have anything more than pocket change in their system at any time.

Something is very fundamentally wrong with that outfit. I can't quite put my finger on it but mark my words, it'll be done for fraud or money laundering or abusing loopholes or something.

Caporegime
Are you purposely obtuse?

I'm annoyed at the fact that they outlined a future benefit of airport lounge access for premium and metal card holders. When that came, it wasn't access as they made out, it was the ability to buy access. And it's not at a discounted rate.

I guess it’s like they offer you base level priority pass which is worth £69 per year and each entry to a lounge you still have to pay £20. But Revolut you are getting that £69 saving for the membership.

It’s no free access like Amex Platnium though but that is £450 a year for that card to get the perk.

Depends how they worded it, if it’s Free membership to lounge access then it’s what it is but if they say free access to lounges then £27 isn’t free.

Caporegime
Ok

I've had ZER0 problems with revolut so far but i am 50/50 also on their shadiness and would happily seek a 100% decent, "free" alternative offering at the bare minimum what i am getting as a revolut customer now.

Must have app
must have GBP EUR SEK as standard
Seamless instant money conversion
Decent ATM allowance. >3000SEK
Be available to a Non UK address.

Soldato
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Revolut are shady as **** and you'd be nuts to have anything more than pocket change in their system at any time.

Something is very fundamentally wrong with that outfit. I can't quite put my finger on it but mark my words, it'll be done for fraud or money laundering or abusing loopholes or something.
Balances are covered by the FSCS Protection should the worst happen though, I think?

Back
Top Bottom