What have you done to your car today?

Associate
MOT on Monday so fixed the slide mechanism on my corollas' drivers seat. Retarded design in regards to the size of the 'pins'. Drilled out where the pin snapped off, tapped it and red loctite in some 6mm high tensile bar, much stronger. Need to do the passenger side next when I can be bothered.

e75CJuz.jpg
EyaYmRR.jpg
LrzJjXR.jpg

Soldato
That for the E12s? Is there a proper guide out there? Slide mechanism on my partners Corolla is stuck. Oddly I never had the issue in my Corolla so no idea how to do it.

Associate
That for the E12s? Is there a proper guide out there? Slide mechanism on my partners Corolla is stuck. Oddly I never had the issue in my Corolla so no idea how to do it.
Can show you step by step buddy, be warned you will need a HSS drill set; a 4mm @ 6mm @ X 1.0 tap, a 5.2/5.5mm drill for the tap. Get some 6mm x 1.0 threaded bar (make sure it's high tensile). Some red loccitite and a centre punch. + the essential hammer.

Set out work area
Disconnect battery (wait 5 mins)
Take the seat out of the car (4 bolts) 2 rear plastic covers.

Flip seat and put rails at max height, take off plastic on the side of the seat (you will need TORX):
qdrJYBT.jpg

Go 4mm to 5mm to 5.5mm drill:
5J43tM4.jpg

Run 6mm x 1 tap through drill holes:
NQ8OEWE.jpg

RED loctite the end of threaded bar and put it all the way through the drilled / tapped hole until you meet resistance.
MYTPRpy.jpg

Cut off & grind off until it sits flush. (nut is optional but it helps to take out any flex)
8Q0t0zz.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime

From memory we took the seat out, drilled out a stuck pin, ground down a bolt to a tapered point, and screwed it in in place of the pin.

I'm sure there are more detailed guides though, as per above!

Soldato
Can show you step by step buddy, be warned you will need a HSS drill set; a 4mm @ 6mm @ X 1.0 tap, a 5.2/5.5mm drill for the tap. Get some 6mm x 1.0 threaded bar (make sure it's high tensile). Some red loccitite and a centre punch. + the essential hammer.

Thank you very much, that's superb!

From memory we took the seat out, drilled out a stuck pin, ground down a bolt to a tapered point, and screwed it in in place

Thanks!

Soldato
How much of a shed is this heap that you constantly have issues to fix, are always chasing faults, and now you have to have a special MOT to keep it on the road.
What are you on about?

Constantly having issues to fix? I've had very few. Also I've not done anything but service it for months.

It's a very fine example of an MPS, bodywork in good nick, engine running great, no turbo issues like most, doesn't loose oil, gearbox running well...

No heap here...

Soldato
What are you on about?

Constantly having issues to fix? I've had very few. Also I've not done anything but service it for months.

It's a very fine example of an MPS, bodywork in good nick, engine running great, no turbo issues like most, doesn't loose oil, gearbox running well...

No heap here...

Why wouldn't it pass an MOT?

Caporegime
What are you on about?

No heap here...

Ahahahah! Classic.

Soldato
I am the least mechanical person in the world so today has been a big day for me!

The old golf was coughing and the engine light came on. Plugged in an OB2 reader and got error code P0401 - EGR problems. A new one is £100+, ebay specials £25+. A few Youtube videos later my Dad and I take off the EGR and get it cleaned up using carburettor cleaner (I think) and put back off, clear the engine codes and yay it's been fine since.

9om5Jbzh.jpg

Mission 2 was getting started on doing something with my broken BMW. Many many things to do but something easy to start with - getting central locking fixed by sending off the GM5 module to get repaired. Fiddly to get out but not complicated.

hduHgsEh.jpg

GBcvnpBh.jpg

You will live again BMW!
CdbWoQah.jpg

Back
Top Bottom