Football Manager 2019

Associate
I don’t understand it when people say this about the game when you could just play Football Manager Touch. It’s the same game without the repetitive media questions, team talks, morale issues and player handholding etc... It’s the same match engine and transfer system, and the new improved tactics. It’s not perfect but I certainly think it’s more fun and more like the game used to be.

Last time i played touch on 18, i had so many injuries it was almost like a bug, then i see there is an in app micro transaction for a "magic sponge" and i could not help but feel it was purposly coded like this to make extra money, there is also something in me than doesn't sit right about buying and playing a "watered" down version of the same game, it is almost like sigames know people do not like these features so strip it out.

Soldato
It caters for both, those that want micromanagement and those that don't. You get both versions (touch is free with full purchase). Injuries are part of the game, sometimes good, sometimes bad - you can either be a decent manager and find a solution around it or take the lazy route and pay - no conspiracy, just how it is.

Man of Honour
so is the verdict of FM19 - much improved?
The last FM i played is/was FM14...would FM19 be a step up? I've not bought any since 14 as I've not heard good things about previous versions
I still think CM01/02 is the best version though...lol

Soldato
OP
Real Madrid made an offer of £66.5m up-front with another £27.5 in 6 instalments to make a total of £94m for Lukaku. I rejected it even though Lukak said he wanted to go. I refused the offer. That set off a squad mutiny as they all feel I should let him go.

They have now made another offer of £73m up-front with £30.5m in 6 instalments to total £103m. I don't think I'll be able to reject the offer, keep Lukaku and the rest of the squad happy.

Lukaku is worth £55m and is on £180k a week. I have Rashford, Martial and Fiete Arp as my other strikers with Chong, Lingard, Cristian Pavon and Lucas Paqueta able to play there a bit but obviously wouldn't depend on them. Sanchez is out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle and is nearly 31 so I can't depend on him to be my long term striker.

Should I sell Lukaku? I am about to start the 2019/2020 season. I have £85m of my transfer budget left, having spent £54m on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and £53m on Daniele Rugani. Add on the £73m gives me at least £158m to spend. I'm trying to clear out Matic and Rojo which could add another £30m or so to the kitty. If I do sell Lukaku, who should I sign to replace him?

Soldato
Real Madrid made an offer of £66.5m up-front with another £27.5 in 6 instalments to make a total of £94m for Lukaku. I rejected it even though Lukak said he wanted to go. I refused the offer. That set off a squad mutiny as they all feel I should let him go.

They have now made another offer of £73m up-front with £30.5m in 6 instalments to total £103m. I don't think I'll be able to reject the offer, keep Lukaku and the rest of the squad happy.

Lukaku is worth £55m and is on £180k a week. I have Rashford, Martial and Fiete Arp as my other strikers with Chong, Lingard, Cristian Pavon and Lucas Paqueta able to play there a bit but obviously wouldn't depend on them. Sanchez is out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle and is nearly 31 so I can't depend on him to be my long term striker.

Should I sell Lukaku? I am about to start the 2019/2020 season. I have £85m of my transfer budget left, having spent £54m on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and £53m on Daniele Rugani. Add on the £73m gives me at least £158m to spend. I'm trying to clear out Matic and Rojo which could add another £30m or so to the kitty. If I do sell Lukaku, who should I sign to replace him?

Take it! I knows it not 19 but in 18 Madrid did this with me for countinho, was in Jan window I refused as wanted to wait till summer, he got injured and Madrid never came back, not only that when countinho came back he was poo

Soldato
Similar dilemma - my main striker I bought as an 18 year old for 750k is now worth £73m (24 years old and now a UK citizen and home grown) - I am in the year 2030 and have won the league 3 times in a row and am the 4th highest reputation team in the game. Man City and Arsenal both bid for him - he has 3 years left on his contract - but offered me £50m + about £20m over 3 years. Obviously I rejected, told him I would accept an offer of £100m when he complained. When they re-offered I negotiated to the £100m, and they both walked away - he then complained and so did half the team.

I could understand if he wanted to move aboard but not to a team in our league doing not as good.

Soldato
OP
Take it! I knows it not 19 but in 18 Madrid did this with me for countinho, was in Jan window I refused as wanted to wait till summer, he got injured and Madrid never came back, not only that when countinho came back he was poo
Cool. Don't mind selling Lukaku as he's hot and cold for me. Who should I go for to replace him?

Soldato
Is that using the touchscreen? If so, can you let me know how well it works? Tempted for travelling!

Yes it's touch screen. I made the text bigger in the preferences. I changed Size of Text & Images to Zoom in (175%) otherwise the text is too small too click. Sometimes its tricky to select the correct player when doing substitutes, and the battery drains quite quickly if the charger isn't plugged in. But on the whole I think it works decent, and I'm glad I bought it.
Try the demo if your unsure.

Soldato
OP
Don't know what stats are like in 19 but in 18 I got belotti sub 60m and he scored every game near on
He's got a £90m minimum release fee clause for foreign clubs that expires at the end of the 2020-2021 season. The Lukaku money pretty much pays for that. He's on £57k a week and Lukaku's on £180k a week so I think I'll go for Belotti. Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom