Apex Legends BR

Man of Honour
Only thing that is really spoiling the game for me is people constantly landing us right on top of a bunch of other squads. Drives me nuts. Idea is to last as long as possible, yet I repeatedly get matches which last about 60 secs because of dropping right on everyone else. I vastly prefer landing away from others and building up and moving in but seems the huge majority plump straight for the busy areas. I like a match to last a little while not go through as many matches as I can in a 5min timeframe. I understand people head to the better item locations but seems to me that playstyle isnt conducive to my playstyle of trying to last as long as possible !

Soldato
It's tough because unlike other BRs this is much more geared towards engaging against people. I had a game yesterday with the discord fellas where we landed on some guys but no-one could find weapons so we all circled round punching each other. it was so stupid. We lost.

Most games I want to get straight in to the thick of it, but it's pointless landing AFTER someone because they'll just pop you straight off.

Soldato
Lol had a game a few days ago and a Russian guy was on the team, he was mumbling calmly some russian stuff throughout the match and he got jumped and downed and I kid you not he screamed at the top of his lungs 'CYKA BLYAT!!!!'.

I always thought that was a tongue in cheek pseudo racist meme but apparently not, russians actually say that. :D :D :D

We were laughing until about mid way through the next match (we were literally dying of laughter as it happened so we naturally followed him to the afterlife). :D :D :D

Soldato
Anyone else getting an intermittent bug whereby the game won't go back to desktop when you close the game down? I mean you hit escape and then the back to desktop button and the game just blurs. It doesn't freeze as you can go back into the game by hitting escape again, but you have to minimise and close the game by right-clicking on the taskbar icon.

Man of Honour
Anyone else getting an intermittent bug whereby the game won't go back to desktop when you close the game down? I mean you hit escape and then the back to desktop button and the game just blurs. It doesn't freeze as you can go back into the game by hitting escape again, but you have to minimise and close the game by right-clicking on the taskbar icon.

Yeah Ive been getting that this weekend, havent had it prior to this weekend though

Soldato
Have you maxed out the graphical settings? If so, try dropping some down. I was crashing a lot the last couple of days and dropped some settings down a notch and seems to have helped.

Tried everything.... Seems a lot of others are having the same issue. I'm getting amazing FPS, even when i drop it i still CTD every round.... although some nights its ok, i've managed 4 wins! Only half of all other games were CTD the rest were wipe at start or CTD an end of round!

Gutted as i really like the game!

Associate
Had an amazing game tonight. Recovered both my squadmates 3 times. Neither would pick up any shields even though I pinged them and told them in chat. Killed 3 full squads on my own and downed 2 of the last squad before getting wrecked myself. 1542 damage..... Sometimes the luck just isn't with you.

Soldato
Only thing that is really spoiling the game for me is people constantly landing us right on top of a bunch of other squads. Drives me nuts. Idea is to last as long as possible, yet I repeatedly get matches which last about 60 secs because of dropping right on everyone else. I vastly prefer landing away from others and building up and moving in but seems the huge majority plump straight for the busy areas. I like a match to last a little while not go through as many matches as I can in a 5min timeframe. I understand people head to the better item locations but seems to me that playstyle isnt conducive to my playstyle of trying to last as long as possible !

I think the problem is, the map isn't really big enough. Soooo many times I've chosen a long drop, near the end of the flight path... but there's still another team! For me the key is getting down first. I was getting a little sarky in Discord yesterday morning, mainly aimed at my mate, as he's a little indecisive and he often jumps late or changes plans on the way down as someone else is going where we were and then of course we're the last ones down and at a disadvantage. For me, pick your target destination early and just try and be first down.

I do like a supply ship drop. Not always successful, but it usually a laugh!

Yup, been getting it the past day or two. I tend to just close it in Task Manager.

Soldato
I've discovered that you can reliably get good loot safely by simply not dropping until the other side of the map. Everyone jumps early so if you just wait (eg drop at artillery if the ship is going south to North) then everyone is gone and you can pick a high tier area to loot. It just buys a little time so you don't have to try to down a whole squad with only an arc star and some light ammo.

Back
Top Bottom