alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Soldato
Yeah, but wanted to buy it locally incase I lost the panel lottery on arrival, that way I could just send it back, rather than return to Amazon/Acer.

Amazon are outstanding when it comes to returns. If it's a bad panel, you request a return, print off a label and someone picks it up for you the next day. Some other retailers (cough OCUK cough) could learn a thing or two by copying the Amazon way.

Soldato
£799 list price in sale last summer, 20% NHS discount, and then I got £25 back from TopCashBack... lucky timing and discount skillz!

how do u activate the 20% NHS discount? Is it for anything from dell?

I'm wondering if I can get them to knock 100-150£ off the price, then activate NHS discount, then pay it on my company to take a further 20% off...

Soldato
Yeah, but wanted to buy it locally incase I lost the panel lottery on arrival, that way I could just send it back, rather than return to Amazon/Acer.

Amazon are the best when it comes to returns IMO.

I've recently bought an XBOX one controller from them (3 months ago), forgot to return it, sent them an email, and they're picking it up Monday.

My Oculus rift from them had a weird light in the right eye, they sent me a replacement BEFORE I sent mine back. When I sent mine back, they said I can keep the sensors from the old one, they just need the defective headset. Due to christmas and a family emergency, I was a couple of days out of the return window, they extended it by TWO months.

I also bought a video game from them which had a dent on the box. Mentioned it to them, they apologised, offered a REFUND for the game and told me to just keep it and not post it back. I said there was no need as I didn't want to take advantage.

Smaller companies, I've found if there is an issue; it becomes my issue with endless chasing if somethings wrong. I had an episode with my RTX 2080 from OCUK, delivery man delivered it to the wrong person. 1 week later, no news, I was forced to track down the parcel personally with some very dodgy questionable people whom they decided to leave the parcel with. With bigger companies, they sort out that rubbish and leave the customer to a more stress free experience. Personally would rather deal with bigger companies from now on as the smaller businesses just don't seem to offer anything the other isn't (apart from in my case having RTX 2080 cards in stock).

Soldato
I've not found Amazon to be the best for huge/bulky/heavy things though historically. For smaller products then yes I agree.

Some pages back people were talking about the Blue Light card NHS thing to get the discount codes for Dell.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
how do u activate the 20% NHS discount? Is it for anything from dell?

I'm wondering if I can get them to knock 100-150£ off the price, then activate NHS discount, then pay it on my company to take a further 20% off...

Blue Light Card used to give 20% because this monitor was seen as an accessory, but now I think it is 10%. Also, I don't think people have managed to haggle over the phone and then get NHS discount on top, but worth a try.

Soldato
Going completely off-topic for a moment;

It's pretty old school now, but the same people who made the League of Gentlemen are responsible for a more current, fantastic show, called Inside No. 9.

If you like Black Mirror, imagine that but not really tech focused, more just odd scenarios with twists. Just like with Black Mirror I like some episodes more than others.

S01E01 - Sardines - is one that I would initially recommend skipping, it's an Anthology so you can watch them in any order.

S01E02 - A Quiet Night In - really set the tone for me, and I think after that I just binged my way through everything in a week or two!

Associate
I can confirm the BLC 20% discount for accessories no longer works, only the 10% for monitors one.

So I now have a 10% code from BLC & NUS, none of the 20% ones work, and they don't stack. Can't catch a break here

Soldato
So I now have a 10% code from BLC & NUS, none of the 20% ones work, and they don't stack. Can't catch a break here

They had a 12% off code on yesterday which is no longer showing today. The monitor is £998 at the moment, so your 10% code should take it to £900. Also TCB do 6% for Dell*, which is another £60-ish off.

If you can get it to £840, it's probably worth it over the Acer at £800 on the basis of better after sales care and warranty.

* Admittedly mine didn't track at first and I had to raise a case, now it's showing as confirmed. It might not pay in the end.

Soldato
Any updates on price for this?

I'm just wondering if there will be a price discount any time soon or if people know when DELL normally drop the price for it?

I work for the NHS but would need to apply for that discount card (never heard about it before).
I can claim 20% back through VAT as it will be a business purchase.
Does anyone know if they'll negotiate a lower price via the website/chat and STILL apply for the NHS discount?

Also anyone know where I can find these DELL discount codes?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Any updates on price for this?

I'm just wondering if there will be a price discount any time soon or if people know when DELL normally drop the price for it?

I work for the NHS but would need to apply for that discount card (never heard about it before).
I can claim 20% back through VAT as it will be a business purchase.
Does anyone know if they'll negotiate a lower price via the website/chat and STILL apply for the NHS discount?

Also anyone know where I can find these DELL discount codes?

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

Sign up (it's free) and then search for Dell in the company list... full instructions there.

Not many (or any) had luck negotiating the price and then getting NHS discount on top.

Also, TCP didn't track for me originally, but paid out after raising a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom