• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Caporegime
Just fired up The Division 2, Max preset 3440x1440, REALLY impressed with the performance over my Vega 64 which was struggling at the max preset, Loving this card :D

Follow this guide Dom, some settings you can't really tell the difference even though it has an fps hit - Quality are the settings you want.

ecebb648-ae6b-4466-a00d-d0ad3c898baa.jpg

I'm off to OcUK to pickup a Nitro Vega64 til I can find a deal on a Radeon 7! The 56 is great but 20% more fps would be welcome :cool:

Associate
So then chaps what's this card like

Currently rocking the Vega 64 and Dell S2719DGF monitor.

Do I upgrade, looking for lower temps and more FPS using 1440P and Ultra settings

im in the same boat, i never thought id spend that kind of money on a GPU, but it would look awesome in my new small form factor :p

Associate
Was looking at getting this monitor, Hows the performance ? I have a certain weakness for good TN panels :p

Very good

I sold a Dell IPS 4K 60hz monitor for it because i didn't have a GPU to power 4K and wanted faster than 60hz I don't regret it

I also have a iMac 4K 21.5" for video editing and non gaming and whilst its not as sharp again I don't feel YUK when using the TN panel. Its very very good but comes into its own playing games around 120 FPS. In fact I don't think your find a better balanced all rounder

Associate
Just ordered an Alphacool Eisblock for my Radeon 7 :D

Apparently shipping in 10-11 days which gives me some time to plan out the rest of the setup for my first watercooled system :)
Sounding good!
My day went from bad to worse yesterday! My replacement arrive with DPD. The driver sat it against my wall, I signed and off he went. Looked at the back that had been against the wall the find what looked like a hole that had happened after been punched!? Open it and power it up quickly in my sons rig again! The silicon was of poorer quality then my first 1103mv vs 1073mv. On top of that the same screw wasn't mounted correctly again! Didn't need to remove the backplate this time to check as I knew what I was looking for.
Quick call to OCUK customer services and the return and refund was arranged!
I do have another card ordered else where as this batch just doesn't seem right.

Associate
Ordered a sapphire myself ......

No doubt mine will be bad ......I've had two GPU fail in three months (2080ti) really don't want anymore issues lol totally fed up of having a gaming PC that can never game lol

Soldato
Sounding good!
My day went from bad to worse yesterday! My replacement arrive with DPD. The driver sat it against my wall, I signed and off he went. Looked at the back that had been against the wall the find what looked like a hole that had happened after been punched!? Open it and power it up quickly in my sons rig again! The silicon was of poorer quality then my first 1103mv vs 1073mv. On top of that the same screw wasn't mounted correctly again! Didn't need to remove the backplate this time to check as I knew what I was looking for.
Quick call to OCUK customer services and the return and refund was arranged!
I do have another card ordered else where as this batch just doesn't seem right.
My card works fine great even but when I went to do the screw adjustment I noticed that one of the 4 is higher than the rest also preventing me from tightening it the same as the other 3, but like I said it works great anyway.
And just because the initial stock mv is high doesn't mean its a bad card, you should test first

Associate
My card works fine great even but when I went to do the screw adjustment I noticed that one of the 4 is higher than the rest also preventing me from tightening it the same as the other 3, but like I said it works great anyway.
And just because the initial stock mv is high doesn't mean its a bad card, you should test first

Even after fully dismantling mine the screw in the bottom right didn't screw down as fully like the others. Still runs fine at stock and with a bit of an OC, I do think water might be the only option for high clocks.

Associate
That's interesting, so the high screw. Would it move at all? I returned my first card as it wouldn't so totally pointless to me if it can't be removed for a waterblock to be fitted!

Soldato
That's interesting, so the high screw. Would it move at all? I returned my first card as it wouldn't so totally pointless to me if it can't be removed for a waterblock to be fitted!
It was stiff but I could undo it, but when screwing it back down it would always stop before it was flat and I didn't want to force it and crack my die
Also my first dud card that I sent back had lower stock mv than this one I have now by 14mv.but the first would only under volt 10mv where as my new one undervolted by 110mv

Associate
It was stiff but I could undo it, but when screwing it back down it would always stop before it was flat and I didn't want to force it and crack my die
Also my first dud card that I sent back had lower stock mv than this one I have now by 14mv.but the first would only under volt 10mv where as my new one undervolted by 110mv
I'm starting to think the thread depth may be an issue. If it stops dead it may of bottomed out, so the hole isn't deep enough!

Back
Top Bottom