£3,000 fine for barking dog owners

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Barking can be a problem being a kennel owner I'm very aware of the issue. I just dropped 2k on acoustic fencing with another 2k being spent in a few week. In addition to fencing I will be putting up hedgerows, I am also researching acoustic ceiling tiles to try and stop the echo that we have. The last thing I want is a complaint to the la which may stop any future planning permission.

Caporegime
Barking can be a problem being a kennel owner I'm very aware of the issue. I just dropped 2k on acoustic fencing with another 2k being spent in a few week. In addition to fencing I will be putting up hedgerows, I am also researching acoustic ceiling tiles to try and stop the echo that we have. The last thing I want is a complaint to the la which may stop any future planning permission.

Decent to see someone trying to solve the issue. Sadly you don't have the easier option of taking the animals and showing them the attention that they're craving, or raising them properly in the first instance.

Man of Honour
Took two years to resolve though. That's far too long.

Posted about it many times on here, next door but one neighbours dog did the 1 bark every 2 seconds for over 12 years and no matter how many times the neighbours rang the Council and NSPCA, nothing was ever done.
It was also left for days on end on it's own in this squalor but the RSPCA weren't interested because it look well fed.
Three kids also played in that.

davey4.jpg

davey3.jpg

Soldato
Posted about it many times on here, next door but one neighbours dog did the 1 bark every 2 seconds for over 12 years and no matter how many times the neighbours rang the Council and NSPCA, nothing was ever done.
It was also left for days on end on it's own in this squalor but the RSPCA weren't interested because it look well fed.

davey4.jpg

davey3.jpg

**** like that ****** me off. That poor dog. I can't stand cruelty to animals or those who are cruel.

Soldato
Your talking about killing someone’s pet for burying its poop. You can’t control where a cat goes when you let them out. They are still a wild animal at heart. The idea that killing someone’s pet is even an option is what I find disturbing.

I find it disturbing that your (lets just assume were talking about your cat) is in my garden burying its turds at all. You bought the animal, you should be responsible for where it is at all times.

Name another pet that owners buy and once theyve finished posting pictures of it on social media let it out the door to get on with its own day with 0 regard lf where it goes/does/eats/craps?

Soldato
I dont turd in other peoples garden spreading disease around so no idea what your on about?

AIUI, The legal position regarding Cats is somewhat ambiguous

Cats are considered to be un-trainable, therefore a Cat owner does not have a legal duty to keep them under control. Nor can they be held liable for any damage or injury that their cat might cause.

The legal status of domestic cats does allow them a "Right to roam" to an extent that is not considered acceptable for Dogs (Or many (Any indeed) other domestic animals)

Cats are not generally considered "Property" which is why, unlike with other domestic animals, you have no legal obligation to report running one over (Though you are an utter turd if you dont! :mad: )

Though, at the same time, it might still be legally possible to steal one (I am, not sure about this, will google later, I can certainly recall civil cases concerning cat ownership)

However, legally you can not just randomly shoot (or harm in any other way) cats. You can only legally do this to recognised "Vermin" and even then the rules can be a bit confusing (Consider the status of Grey Squirrels)

So, leave the cats alone. Best way of keeping Cats out of your garden is to get your own Cat!:D

Alternatively, and I am quite serious here, go down to the Garden center and buy a couple of pots of a herb called Rue. Cats absolutely loathe it! But be very careful. It is one of those plants that is phytotoxic. If you get it on your skin and are exposed to sunlight you can be severely burned! (Like Hospital skin-graft grade, really! :eek: )

Soldato
This is Dave. Dave is my boa constrictor. I can't train Dave.

Eat up Dave, eat up...

I might get a dave, my garden may be where he lives. Dave is ofc untrainable as you say and i cant be respnsible for his actions.

Failing that might designate my back garden as a shooting gallery

Caporegime
I might get a dave, my garden may be where he lives. Dave is ofc untrainable as you say and i cant be respnsible for his actions.

Failing that might designate my back garden as a shooting gallery

Daves for everyone!

I of course don't have a Dave but Dave is useful for highlighting the retarded situation we have where people can own something that is harmful to wildlife, harmful to people and craps wherever it feels like without any expectation of control over it.

Soldato
Our neighbours have a Bichon Frise which they leave in the yard all the time, the thing drives you to distraction with it's constant barking. The authorities, and the RSPCA, have been out after another neighbour's regular complaints about it, but strangely they appear to not speak English when dealing with the authorities. Strange that, as I can quite clearly hear them speaking perfect English, albeit with a Romanian accent, when they're chain smoking and sucking down cans of Stella at all hours of the day and night in their yard.

Soldato

davey4.jpg

davey3.jpg

Sometimes garden gates just mysteriously leave themselves open :p

AIUI, The legal position regarding Cats is somewhat ambiguous

Cats are considered to be un-trainable, therefore a Cat owner does not have a legal duty to keep them under control. Nor can they be held liable for any damage or injury that their cat might cause.

Actually the owners CAN be held liable for damage or injury they cause. They are ultimately responsible for what their pet does.

But since cats aren't regulated or given the same "status" as dogs (e.g. you don't have to report a dead cat) a lot of people kill nuisance cats on the quiet. Farmers don't hesitate, they will shoot cats they see near livestock etc. and chuck em on a bonfire.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it disturbing that your (lets just assume were talking about your cat) is in my garden burying its turds at all. You bought the animal, you should be responsible for where it is at all times.

Name another pet that owners buy and once theyve finished posting pictures of it on social media let it out the door to get on with its own day with 0 regard lf where it goes/does/eats/craps?
dogs, plenty of them wander around our town as the owners let them out or they run off.

still I wouldn't want to kill any of them..

Back
Top Bottom