£3,000 fine for barking dog owners

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I have no objections to people keeping their pets under control, or the requirement thereof.

I do think that deliberately killing someone's pet is even more antisocial than the examples thus far of "out-of-control" pet owners.

Esp when we know there are some sickos here who would enjoy killing the animal and would do it as a first resort rather than a last resort.
I categorically oppose the idea of killing ANY pet.

However, I equally oppose people's "pets" killing wild birds; ALL cats should be fitted with collars containing a bell. If they are in the habit of bringing in injured or dead birds as gifts for their doting owners, they should be kept indoors - permanently.

Caporegime
I categorically oppose the idea of killing ANY pet.

However, I equally oppose people's "pets" killing wild birds; ALL cats should be fitted with collars containing a bell. If they are in the habit of bringing in injured or dead birds as gifts for their doting owners, they should be kept indoors - permanently.
My little puss-cat is an indoor girl. She does get to go out multiple times a day on a lovely pink sequined harness, whereby she can gaze longingly at all the pigeons and blackbirds, but strictly on a "look don't touch" basis. Some of the songbirds like to play chicken by landing next to her; if they end up dead it's utterly their own fault!

Soldato
My little puss-cat is an indoor girl. She does get to go out multiple times a day on a lovely pink sequined harness, whereby she can gaze longingly at all the pigeons and blackbirds, but strictly on a "look don't touch" basis. Some of the songbirds like to play chicken by landing next to her; if they end up dead it's utterly their own fault!

Birds didn't evolve around millions of domesticated cats funnily enough, it would be like if suddenly you walked into the street and were eaten by a Dinosaur you didn't know you had to look out for.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Yes, I suspect that some people would feel much the same if your defalcating little puss-cat found its way into their garden.

Caporegime
Ah so let's be clear - you are equating a bird landing next to a cat being killed (by said cat) with a human being actively deciding to murder someone's pet.

Ignoring completely the fundamental differences in character and nature between a cat and a human.

These arguments are staggeringly poor. Impressive even for GD.

Associate
Might print out that BBC story and put it through the letter box of our neighbour, for them it seems acceptable to let the dog out at 0730 for it to bark non stop.

Caporegime
Fixed for you!

:p
Hahah. You've done it now.

I've lost count of the number of threads were parents have said, "You just cannot control children. If you were a parent you'd know! Its impossible. When my kids visit you shouldn't have anything they can break or destroy because they will do just that."

But same people (no doubt) are demanding that pet owners keep their pets 100% controlled at all times.

:D :D

Associate
Name another pet that owners buy and once theyve finished posting pictures of it on social media let it out the door to get on with its own day with 0 regard lf where it goes/does/eats/craps?

I love a challenge:
  • Carrier pigeon
  • Hedgehog
  • Fish & all other aquatic life in your duckpond if you're an MP
  • Fox - people feed them after all
  • Face mites
  • Any 'adopted' animal (e.g. endangered Rhinos)
  • Tamagotchi
  • Ash's Pikachu, but literally no other Pokemon
  • Any inanimate object (e.g. pet rock)

Back
Top Bottom