• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
i mean with full speed on. 2700x does 4.35 so its not that much extra is it ? so to expect 4.5 stock no i think that is more than expected from this revision of cpus.

Of course it is, you forget its not just about if its stable, but also if it can run at those clocks all core whilst within TDP limits.

4.5 is a massive jump.

Do you expect zen2 to be able to do 4.5 at below 1.2 vcore?

Soldato
i mean with full speed on. 2700x does 4.35 so its not that much extra is it ? so to expect 4.5 stock no i think that is more than expected from this revision of cpus.
4.35 GHz is single core only and with non-stock cooling. If 4.5 GHz was the all-core boost with stock cooling that'd be a significant jump.

Permabanned
4.35 GHz is single core only and with non-stock cooling. If 4.5 GHz was the all-core boost with stock cooling that'd be a significant jump.

Base clock for the Ryzen 7 2700X is 3.7 GHz. 21% is extremely significant and meaningful jump and on its own will provide dramatic performance improvement, without mentioning the mean 15% IPC jump, too.

intel are deadman walking.

Soldato
So your 6700 is designed to pull roughly 80 Amps through when under full load, not overclocked.

Amps * Volts = Power

80 Amps * 1.25 Volts = 100 Watts

So under a full all core torture test your CPU is going to draw way more than it's listed 65W Power. That is why looking at the VRM's on a board is important as it is those that supply all the Amps.

The 80 Amps is purely a guess by the way, I have no way of knowing the power draw of your board... but it is going to be around that number.

It is one of the things that may see me upgrade my board for Zen 2. I am on a Gigabyte B350 board with a 4+3 VRM... I don't really know what power output I can safely draw from it, I do know that it was tested with a Ryzen 7 at 4ghz drawing 236w of power, but I don't think that is a really sustainable load. As long as the Bios can be updated to support it I should be good to run at a minimum an 8 Core Zen2 with it's more power efficient design.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because Gaming IPC * boost clock = Actual performance.

This new design could bring in a whole new latency issue for gaming, or it could significantly boost performance. It looks like I am buying a house on the 7th of June so the whole argument is moot for me now anyway - there is going to be no cash in my kitty for the next 9 months.

Soldato
..as there needs to be an m.2 in my future as well and the location of it smack under the GPU is a bit off putting on my current board.

Not sure what all the fuss is about with M.2's under the GPU, The GN video on the MSI M.2 heat shield must have been an extreme test that made the heat shield look poor.

Heres my HWInfo64 temps etc with the MSI heat shield on my MSI X470 Carbon board with a Vega 56 over the M.2 slot while streaming GTA V for an hour. The M.2 NVMe is a Samsung EVO 250GB, 2700X @4.2Ghz All Core and also was using Medium preset with High profile 720p60 6000kbps in OBS Studio.. so a good workout on the system as a whole..

NtV9nDE.png

Oh and if anything looks out of the ordinary on here, please let me know.. thanks :)

I think the GPU Mem volts are off btw, should be less than 1000mv like it says in Wattman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom