HP Reverb

Associate
OP
I recall on twitter some uk rep mentioning it would be acouple of weeks before it goes on sale in the UK

pretty frustrating the complete lack of knowledge the UK HP team have on this unit..

saw this someone posted on iracing forums just now:

tpoUPYn.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
already posted 2 posts above...clearly something wrong with your optics :D:D

Oops , didn't noticed the link! :D

I guess the Rift S also seems like a bit of a disappointment (given that other than the inside-out tracking they haven't really improved much over the previous model) but I think it would still be my choice of PCVR headset if I were to buy one now.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yea I have an odyssey and just looking for a little bit more clarity,the Rift S doesn't look like its going to cut it so it only leaves me the HP,Acer OJO or an imported pimax.

Soldato
yea I have an odyssey and just looking for a little bit more clarity,the Rift S doesn't look like its going to cut it so it only leaves me the HP,Acer OJO or an imported pimax.

Don't underestimate how much clearer the Rift-S is due to the RGB Stripe LCD layout.

Apparently the Reverb has pretty bad mura in dark scenes. I'd wait for the reviews before ordering. It seems like all these new headsets are compromised in some way or another - you just have to pick the mix of features which bests supports your use-case.

Soldato
Don't underestimate how much clearer the Rift-S is due to the RGB Stripe LCD layout.

Apparently the Reverb has pretty bad mura in dark scenes. I'd wait for the reviews before ordering. It seems like all these new headsets are compromised in some way or another - you just have to pick the mix of features which bests supports your use-case.
yes the rift s is clearer than the old rift..but how much clearer than the OG Odyssey

When did you get the try the Rift S are there demo stations?

Associate
OP
looking good its just a shame HP doesn't know its arse from its elbow regarding when this is available..had 3 different responses from HP as to when its available,from yesterday definitely to 2 months time..

Associate
Really nice review that. I'm still undecided between this and Index. Are WMR controllers really all that bad to use?

Back
Top Bottom