1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Reverb

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by fastboy, Mar 21, 2019.

1. fastboy

Wise Guy

and the price is on the HP ukwebsite shop too.. £485 but it doesn't say if that includes VAT or not.

2. Zeeflyboy

Gangster

for what it's worth some through the lens video... I must say it looks pretty awesome.

If that is what 2k x 2k per eye with a 110deg for looks like I can't wait for Abrash's 4k x 4k per eye, foveated rendering and 140 degree FoV prediction to come true!

3. fastboy

Wise Guy

just ordered mine thru the manufacturers own store,says expected delivery between the 6th and 13th

4. eagle2508

Gangster

Please could you post a link as when I go to the UK HP website it doesn't give any option to order and theres no price listed... there is just a button to be notified.

5. fastboy

Wise Guy

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  6. picnic

Wise Guy

Thanks for the links fastboy. Like you I had to refresh the 1st one to see the page, and it said 551 (I think) but once added to the basket it's increased to the 598.80 from the second link :(

7. fastboy

Wise Guy

I got mine for £537 from the first link with a 2.5% hp discount code.

[​IMG]

8. SpiritOfTheAge

Gangster

Is there a way to get this headset to work with the HTC/Valve base stations and controllers? If so is it fool proof or a major faff resulting in hit and miss results? There is no way I'd consider it if WMR controllers have to be used.

Also what kind of GPU power is needed to drive this thing at decent (playable, 90fps?) frame rates given it's higher pixel count? I currently have a CV1 and an Index on reserve but I'm open to anything as long as the controllers are decent and I don't need to spend a fortune on a GPU (currently have a GTX 1080 and I7 8700k)

9. ArmitageShanks

Gangster

You might be able to do it, but I suspect you'd need to buy Lighthouses and a couple of Steam controller dongles that will need to be flashed or Vive tracker dongles to support the Vive (or perhaps even the Index) controllers. The headset would still use its inside-out tracking. There are a few reddits and YT videos I think on using WMR with Vive controllers in SteamVR.

10. fastboy

Wise Guy

no one really knows tbh until its out

11. SpiritOfTheAge

Gangster

I'll just bide my time then, see what gives and pic the best I can when I can.

12. Mr_Sukebe

Man of Honour

Interesting vid, particularly as that appeared to be pretty damn smooth. I've tried Xplane myself and it ran like a dog, well at least once you upped the detail, and that was with a CV1.

13. Ravenger

Wise Guy

Wow, that looks almost real! Amazing detail.

14. picnic

Wise Guy

Well done, I tried again using a different computer/browser but it looks to me as if HP have fixed that glitch. I would have jumped at ~10% off to start with but I think I'll wait now and see some more reviews. Please report back when you get yours.

15. fastboy

Wise Guy

yea there was some glitch on the website as they cancelled my first order,then sent me a link to buy it again for the same £537 price as an apology so just re ordered

16. eagle2508

Gangster

Thanks for the link, ordered :)

17. melmac

Soldato

Good luck to the guys ordering the Reverb. :)

18. fastboy

Wise Guy

im praying that I can wear glasses ok with it and sweet spot isn't the size of a fingerprint

19. Borsch

Mobster

Also tempted, but after reading feedback on HP warranty/customer service decided to wait for other retailers.

20. danoliver1

Mobster