Borderlands 3

Soldato
"No microtransactions"

Has cosmetic microtransactions!

"No gameplay affecting microtransactions!"

Has gameplay affecting pre order bonuses.

Love AAA video games in 2019. If it's not one garbage monetisation strat, it's another.

Man of Honour
"No microtransactions"

Love AAA video games in 2019. If it's not one garbage monetisation strat, it's another.

Doesnt bother me really in this case, I wont be buying any cosmetics and I only play with my friends so I dont need to worry about any gameplay being affected by them getting the game on day one of release either. Literally doesnt affect me or the people I will play it with in the slightest. I can see how it would annoy some folk though.

Soldato
"No microtransactions"

Cosmetic MTX is incredibly tame considering what it could have been. It can also be completely ignored.

If the XP and loot bonuses are anything like they were in BL2 then they'll be pretty useless too. Literally any other relic is more useful than those were.

Man of Honour
So after gameplay was shown are people who are anti epic still gonna wait till it hit steam or has your mind changed?

I dont really fit into this one, as (1) I'm not anti-epic and (2) I was always going to buy it on day one anyway. Borderlands 2 was some of the most hilarious co-op fun my friends and I have had, so the moment this was confirmed we all bought it immediately, just way too much lols and evenings of co-opey goodness for us all to not get it as soon as.

I wouldnt think the video has changed anyones minds though who were against Epic and were going to wait for steam, the thing that might make some of them waiver will be when its released on steam and the forums/youtube are plastered in people enjoying themselves with it (assuming it turns out good), thats when the "missing out on the fun" feelings might sway one or two.

Associate
So after gameplay was shown are people who are anti epic still gonna wait till it hit steam or has your mind changed?

I'll wait for a few patches to fix some issues that are bound to happen with any release before getting it. Maybe grabbing a DLC or two along the way. The game seems to be what all of the Borderlands fans were hoping for.

Associate
Well:

"In this case, Gearbox Software fans are angry over the developer's decision to sign a limited-time exclusivity deal with the Epic Games Store for the PC version of its upcoming shooter “Borderlands 3.” The title won't hit other storefronts, like Steam, until April 2020. Gearbox announced the exclusivity deal on Apr. 3.8 Apr 2019"

Don't have to wait for the release on Steam.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well:

"In this case, Gearbox Software fans are angry over the developer's decision to sign a limited-time exclusivity deal with the Epic Games Store for the PC version of its upcoming shooter “Borderlands 3.” The title won't hit other storefronts, like Steam, until April 2020. Gearbox announced the exclusivity deal on Apr. 3.8 Apr 2019"

Don't have to wait for the release on Steam.
You do if you're avoiding Epic store though.

Soldato
Anyone else replaying BL2 getting loads of Legendaries? I got 2 oranges form the 3 loot midgets in Wildlife last night. Could be coincidence except for the 8 or 9 oranges I've picked up the last couple of weeks. Drop rates seem to have been exploded by Mr Torgue...

Soldato
Anyone else replaying BL2 getting loads of Legendaries? I got 2 oranges form the 3 loot midgets in Wildlife last night. Could be coincidence except for the 8 or 9 oranges I've picked up the last couple of weeks. Drop rates seem to have been exploded by Mr Torgue...

Loot midgets are extremely generous wth their drops so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom