Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I wouldn’t have basically ended an epic 8 season show by having an hour of pointless filler that stirred no emotion whatsoever.

I’d have had Jon die for a start though. They made a point in the Battle of Winterfell when Beric died, that he was revived all those times for a purpose and when he served that purpose, he died. Jon killed Dany, he should have died after that some how so that it meant something and really give weight to the decision he just made to kill her

True and Tyrion should have been killed too.

Soldato
I'd have been happy if Drogon blasted through him, killing Jon and melting the throne.

Instead we got a terrible conclusion for Jon.

I’d have much preferred that. Blasted through Jon, melted the throne, picked up dany and left. Then just continued straight onto the bran becomes king scene.

That way it makes you feel like he had sacrificed himself for the good of the realm and his decision would have had much more weight to it in that scene.

Putting him miraculously in prison and then banishing him to the knights watch removed all of that.

Caporegime
So the person who becomes King is the one they gave no character development on for years and “why did you think I turn up?”

If he can see the future...and he knew he would be King...did he tell Jon about his birth just so he tells Dany? He set all this in motion so that he can be king? “Why did you think I turn up?” Malarkey.

It’s like the most boring character becomes King, it’s not like he isn’t deserved but it feels lazy as he has had no character development for so long.

its a game of thrones. its the whole premise of the show lol. one up manship for the title.

Caporegime
So are we to take it that Jon has gone to live with the Wildlings North of the Wall? If that's the case it's not really much of a punishment, just a banishment of sorts.

Yeah, I think Tyrion and Sansa knew the Nights Watch didn't really exist anymore and knew Jon would join up with the free folk. They tricked Grey Worm into thinking it was an actual punishment.

Jon might be happy at the outcome, but I still wish his name popped up in the throne nomination. At least have Jon himself say that he would like Bran on the throne. I feel like they really screwed him over.

Permabanned
You would have thought that the thing that that person would do would be different based on what I think that person would do in relation to that thing?

People need to stop QQing about S8... Why does an ending need to be satisfying? I waited 25 years for a third season of twin peaks and I still don't know if I liked it or hated it... And I never will.

Caporegime
jon is happy or content with his position based on killing his loved one which he didnt want to do but as a nights watchman at heart and ethos he did right for the masses. thats why he did what he did. his reward is to live and return as a protector for the people but not be king which he accepts as part of the price to pay for killing his love. sorta of a loyal trade off. his queen was the ruler.

Soldato
Only reason I can think of why D&D didn't have Jon killed by the Unsullied is that basically that would take episode towards a siege by the North, led by Sansa as revenge. Which would make for an interesting story as we could then see another big battle with Unsullied defeated and everyone then figuring out who's getting to rule.

Absolutely no time for that of course so just another gloss over the plot and have him imprisoned and unharmed.

Back
Top Bottom