• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
It's possible that AMD will mix and match. Some 8 core CPU's could be one chiplet, others could be 4+4, others could be 6+2. It just depends on numbers. After 6 months when their yields improve, they'll probably have more working chiplets than they do now so it depends on their numbers. I doubt it will be a standard amount across the board throughout the cycle.

Permabanned
I would expect them to be awful salvaged parts, 50% cores crippled means the silicon is very low quality.

thats what they do right, i mean an i3 started life as an i7? thats had damaged cores?
its the same with GPU's too and AMD have done this for years i have an phenom 2 x3 that unlocked to a 6 core CPU so that will 50% cropped but OC like a good en

Soldato
I hope so. She doesn't have to. I hope that, at least, she knows about the presence of the other 7,709,335,087 people on the same planet.

I see what you did there. Highly relevant to whether the 3800X is the "gamer's choice" out of the Ryzen 3000 range of CPUs. If English is not your native language, that phrase indicates that the best (fastest) chip for gaming is the 3800X. Not that that statement is tailored to your individual requirements or to any other inhabitant of this planet or any others!

Soldato
Ah now lads! Not long until the E3 event. We'll hopefully get some more information then. No need for all this :p

Plus we all know neither Intel, nor AMD, can compete with the juggernaut that ia VIA.

Permabanned
I see what you did there. Highly relevant to whether the 3800X is the "gamer's choice" out of the Ryzen 3000 range of CPUs. If English is not your native language, that phrase indicates that the best (fastest) chip for gaming is the 3800X. Not that that statement is tailored to your individual requirements or to any other inhabitant of this planet or any others!

Huh, I would play my games at 4K without caring which CPU out there powers my GPU. You know it's the resolution that cares about your videocard, not CPU :D

Associate
Is IF not meant to be disconnected or at least partially from memory clocks this time?

It's still memory clock dependent but has a different multiplier that can apply to it. So low memory clocks no longer mean crippled performance, theoretically, as IF frequency won't be in the dumpster. Low memory clocks on Zen and Zen+ absolutely wrecked performance.

For 99% of people 99% of the time, they'll be using the higher multiplier.

The lower multiplier is likely almost exclusively for people running ultra high memory clocks on LN2, so that the IF bus doesn't frazzle.

Caporegime
So you know that the 3800x will be faster in games over the 3900x do you?

Know you don't

We can apply logic?
If facts transpire that the 3800X has higher performing per core performance, it's inevitable it's going to perform better in games. You can't force a game to use more threads/cores........

Sure if a game can max out a 3900X then it's going to perform better than a 3800X. But this is all basic logic.

Unless you're just having a poor attempt at trolling.

Permabanned
We can apply logic?
If facts transpire that the 3800X has higher performing per core performance, it's inevitable it's going to perform better in games. You can't force a game to use more threads/cores........

Sure if a game can max out a 3900X then it's going to perform better than a 3800X. But this is all basic logic.

Unless you're just having a poor attempt at trolling.
Hard to say tbh 3900x will be using 2 chiplets thats 100% sure and cause of that design its possible it will have less/core problem with heat when pumping volts than 1 chiplet cpu. I think it can handle more volts cause of this. Need to see what both can do at 1.425 volts hehe

Back
Top Bottom