Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
3200mhz is not obtainable for me either, i've tried voltage all the way to 1.45v with loose timings, it posts but instantly gives errors in memtest, dial it down to 3000mhz however and it will rock 13 13 13 13 34 42 all day long, it perplexes me greatly
Would this be the cpu's IMC causing this or the motherboard somehow (see sig)

This may not be your problem as you have 2 x 8GB but I found going from 2 x 8GB to 4 x 8GB needed slightly more CPU voltage to be stable at 3200c14. Nothing else made any difference and apart from that I kept the same settings as 2 x 8GB. At 2 x 8GB 3333c14 was fine. Went from 1.2v to 1.26 on a Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7Ghz, your CPU differs being second generation for the actual voltages.

Associate
Hi @H3RBSKI, same mobo here with an R5 2600, check post #811. The kit can do 3600MHz with those same timings but needed 1.445V and I am not comfortable running this 24/7 without RAM cooling.

Let me know if you need more details. I can provide an RTC screenshot and BIOS saved profile if you'd like. :)
thanks will take a look and see how it goes. tbh i dont see anything wrong right now at 3200 but if i can get more out of it then why not lol

Associate
I'm thinking about getting some of this ram for my Zen 2 build in July but I have a quick question. I'm likely to be getting the Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler, does anyone know the clearance of this ram at all or if it's compatible?

Associate
I'm thinking about getting some of this ram for my Zen 2 build in July but I have a quick question. I'm likely to be getting the Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler, does anyone know the clearance of this ram at all or if it's compatible?

I have the dark rock 4 and the answer is no. I don't think the pro version is any smaller.

I use 2nd slots for a 2x8 kit.

Associate
thinking of getting the 8pack dark rock 3200 ram today, anyone know if my msi pro carbon will hold it back or is it a good combination

I have the Carbon AC.

I've tried MSI's 'Memory Try It' and selected 3600Mhz option with the 8 Pack 3200 Dark Pro, ran both Cinebenches fine and 3DMark runs..

Seems Ryzen likes tighter timings than higher clocks and i just cant be bothered with tweaking so i run at stock.

Associate
I have the Carbon AC.

I've tried MSI's 'Memory Try It' and selected 3600Mhz option with the 8 Pack 3200 Dark Pro, ran both Cinebenches fine and 3DMark runs..

Seems Ryzen likes tighter timings than higher clocks and i just cant be bothered with tweaking so i run at stock.
ok thanks...I ordered it today so will have a play tomorrow when it gets here.

Associate
o so arrived this morning and up and running no problem, I have been trying various speeds as from the vortez review which was done using the 1700x cpu I believe, are there any speed tests anywhere that has been done with the 2700x?

At the moment i have this speed setting cpu 4.2 and ram 3466 with 16 - 16 - 16 - 16 - 32 - 62 - 1T @ 1.375v and seems to be stable, done a few benchmarks and getting 1859 in cinebench. Is there room for any more or does any one have any more speeds to try.

Thanks

Associate
o so arrived this morning and up and running no problem, I have been trying various speeds as from the vortez review which was done using the 1700x cpu I believe, are there any speed tests anywhere that has been done with the 2700x?

At the moment i have this speed setting cpu 4.2 and ram 3466 with 16 - 16 - 16 - 16 - 32 - 62 - 1T @ 1.375v and seems to be stable, done a few benchmarks and getting 1859 in cinebench. Is there room for any more or does any one have any more speeds to try.

Thanks

I need to find time to use the DRAM Calculator but as i have no issues running this RAM at stock, then i suppose i dont need to. I've never been one for OC'ing RAM. Will probably see what it can do when i eventually upgrade to Zen 2.

Anyway most use the Calculator from what i see, you can find it here.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

Associate
well...thoiught i was doing well...did a load of testing then thought i would give gaming a go and no sound.....the ae-5 was showing in w10 and in bios but could get no sound so weny back to xmp mode and tried to get the card working but had to uninstall drivers and start again...its now working ok...any thoughts what caused this to happen....was it the ram speed or maybe not enough volts to the ram...no idea where to look tbh

Associate
I have 2x 8GB 3600 C16 and planning upgrade to 32GB once Ryzen 3000 is out. I know 8 Pack that you said in another thread that you can't comment this yet but I believe you've already tested it so... Would I be limited by having 4x 8GB as opposed to 2x 16GB in terms of frequencies and timings? If so by how much? I do not ask for specific numbers, more like "yes, you are going to be limited by say 15% in general". Cheers.

Associate
Not tested it with that air cooler.. But the top fin of the spreader can be removed to gain a good bit of extra clearance space.

Do you happen to have an air cooler you recommend with this ram at all? (with the spreader still attached).

Also, how likely would it be to be able to overclock 4x8gb modules to the 3733 sweetspot that Zen 2 supposedly has? (on an x570 board naturally)

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you happen to have an air cooler you recommend with this ram at all? (with the spreader still attached).

I use this cooler and i did have no problems using 4 sticks of this RAM with the top of the heat spreader still attached.

Maybe not as good as good as the DR 4 Pro, but keeps my CPU cool enough under normal load (prime does punish it though).

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
3200mhz is not obtainable for me either, i've tried voltage all the way to 1.45v with loose timings, it posts but instantly gives errors in memtest, dial it down to 3000mhz however and it will rock 13 13 13 13 34 42 all day long, it perplexes me greatly
Would this be the cpu's IMC causing this or the motherboard somehow (see sig)

Dont know but I can tell you I can do 3200CL16 (0 errors hci memtest and karhu ramtest) on Hynix A die on my 2600X, which suggests samsung B die shoud be capable. But of course IMC is subject to silicon lottery and my board is an asrock b450 pro 4 not your board.

Soldato
Dont know but I can tell you I can do 3200CL16 (0 errors hci memtest and karhu ramtest) on Hynix A die on my 2600X, which suggests samsung B die shoud be capable. But of course IMC is subject to silicon lottery and my board is an asrock b450 pro 4 not your board.
I'm pretty sure it's the board as the cpu clocks beautifully and everyone else and their mums can overclock this ram to 3200mhz cl14. :(

Soldato
Installed a second set of these over the weekend, running at 1.45 V XMP @standard clocks, my pc has started hanging in games and I'm experiencing periods where the pc lagging.

Any ideas what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom